It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary blames ‘millions of white people’ for election loss

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

If I was a Trump supporter, I would be worried about that non-vote, something tells me they are going to let their voices be heard and Trump and his supporters are not going to like it.

Never know.... With Congress at a never changing teens percentage in popularity we would think they would be most worried... Who is to say one way or the other... Much will depend on the economy in 3 years...

Not sure why people seem to think "Trump supporters" it was more a long the lines of "anyone but Hillary". The support is that now he is President then let the man lead... Doesn't mean he was my first or fifth choice but that means nothing now as he needs to lead and not have everyone on all sides prevent him to do what he needs to do.

Next election I hope someone better gets in....
edit on 11-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xtrozero

I just want to preserve history; sorry you want to erase it.

Aside from your usual hyperbole, if the matter is "what did most Americans want who voted" the answer was Hillary Clinton.

Popular vote means vote of the people, you may remember.

Popular vote means MOB RULES.

Imagine if the Nazi's had more numbers. Bet you would change your tune then wouldn't ya?

Our country is not a Democracy, but a Republic. Damn shame you young uns got short changed with your education.....

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Like it or not, his theme was the old one of nativism which you know as well as I do goes hand in hand with racism/racial superiority, as we've seen with groups like the KKK, Nazis and other White Supremacists feeling that Trump is on their side.

Bullpucky. How many of those do you think there are in Penn, Migh, Wis, Ohio, Ind, etc? The common laborer bailed on her.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think any white male would have been seen as on their side. the white supremacists had a really hard time with the prior 8 years.

WHich was actually pretty entertaining to watch.

link   

a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not seeing a quote from Clinton in your screed.

Look harder.

It's there.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We've heard all that before.

The popular vote is the vote of the people; you seem to routinely favor government structures over the well-being of people.

We get that.

I would "change my tune" if the Nazis had more numbers? They're getting new numbers everyday, encouraged by apologists like we see here at ATS.

You are three years older than me dude. Too bad you didn't learn what a democratic republic is.

And I'm sorry you're so treated by what the American people think. I'm sure you'd like to keep us all under tight control, wouldn't you?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I'm not seeing a quote from Clinton in your screed.

Look harder.

It's there.

Catch up Foxy.

No, there's no quote in which she blames millions of White people for her loss. She does make an observation that Trump had millions of White voters supporting him.

She stated a fact; you and your "source" are promoting a narrative.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

“I just felt this enormous letdown, just kind of loss of feeling and direction and sadness,” Clinton told Pauley. “And, you know, Bill just kept saying, ‘Oh, you know, that was a terrific speech,’ tryin’ to just kinda bolster me a little bit. Off I went, into a frenzy of closet cleaning, and long walks in the woods, playing with my dogs, and, as I write– yoga, alternate nostril breathing, which I highly recommend, tryin’ to calm myself down. And– you know, my share of Chardonnay. It was a very hard transition. I really struggled. I couldn’t feel, I couldn’t think. I was just gob-smacked, wiped out.”

Does that read like how a person qualified to be President would react? Lose an election and instead of moving on go into what looks to be feigned depression for sympathy? Does a real leader drown themselves in Chardonnay while nostril breathing or pick themselves up and move on?

Oh the trials and tribulations of the rich and infamous. There, there Hillary, it will be OK.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I pondered, for about ten seconds, voting for Trump. Shuddered violently, and moved on. Skipped, entirely, over she who I shall never name again...and moved on.

Ended up going with my sixth choice, I think. The Presidential election wasn't my highest priority last Nov., there were other things on the ballot I found more important.

I've little to no use for Trump. Oddly enough, or maybe not odd at all, I've even less for her. She is, now, irrelevant in American politics--save as a lesson plan in what not to do. As someone said earlier, now if the Bushes will just go away, too, we'll all be happier.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

We've heard all that before.

The popular vote is the vote of the people; you seem to routinely favor government structures over the well-being of people.

We get that.

I would "change my tune" if the Nazis had more numbers? They're getting new numbers everyday, encouraged by apologists like we see here at ATS.

You are three years older than me dude. Too bad you didn't learn what a democratic republic is.

And I'm sorry you're so treated by what the American people think. I'm sure you'd like to keep us all under tight control, wouldn't you?

LOL!

Yea, okay......

link   

Hill, there's about six of them there white boys up on that ridge.
What we do now ?

Buck

link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

What would be the proper response of a person "qualified to be President" then?

Rant on Twitter?

Please. There are valid criticisms of Clinton ... this isn't one of them.
edit on 11-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught9966

originally posted by: Xtrozero

2.8 million more Americans believed in Hillary than in Trump, since you're arguing for "what people wanted to hear" which is a popularity argument.

Got to keep driving 2.8 mil...seems that is all the left has these days. The funny part is the non-vote voice was the winner, so keep holding tightly to your precious 1% from CA votes lol.

Non-vote 44.37%
Clinton 28.43%
Trump 27.20%

If I was a Trump supporter, I would be worried about that non-vote, something tells me they are going to let their voices be heard and Trump and his supporters are not going to like it.

I think you’d be surprised. As a Trump voter (lesser of two evils) and Trump supporter (because he is POTUS and his failures are America's failures), I will easily vote for a more qualified, non-suspect of multiple felonies*, nominee over Trump, given the opportunity. I am an Independent identifed voter, who voted for Obama twice and have voted R and D over 40 years...even wasted a vote on Ross Perot one year. There are likely 10s of thousands like me who were driven to do their civic duty and were left to choose between two flawed candidates, one who the FBI proved was careless with the highest levels of classified material and the other, who has a potty mouth an is technologically challenged.

*I am aware HRC has never been convicted of anything. I also spent 40 years in the military and Civil Service and know with certainty what training is provided to those that handle classified materials. I know, with certainty, had I failed to protect classified material as it has been proven HRC failed to do, I would have been unceremoniously prosecuted. She should have been removed as a candidate for her actions and then maybe we would have had a legitimate nominee to vote for on that side. **Pay for play as Secretary of State was a solid strike as well. ***Would have voted for Biden over Trump in a heartbeat...
edit on 11-9-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Agreed and seconded on all points.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Popular vote schlock time again, is it?

Popular vote doesn't matter save within each individual state, which you know. Why bring it up?

After that it's exactly worth nothing. ...and it works.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Popular vote schlock time again, is it?

Popular vote doesn't matter save within each individual state, which you know. Why bring it up?

After that it's exactly worth nothing. ...and it works.

/sigh

The numbers in the popular vote come up when we talk about what the people wanted.

The race for President is the only truly national election we have. The American people vote.

I bring it up because it's a fact in context. I'll ask you, since you're taking the hyperbolic edge here, why do you always bring up the Electoral College when speaking of the popular vote?

Why the same knee-jerk reaction to a simple fact?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

why do you always bring up the Electoral College when speaking of the popular vote?

I'll answer that because you tend to ignore me.

Because one results in a president and the other does not. Been that way forever and the popular vote means squat.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

why do you always bring up the Electoral College when speaking of the popular vote?

I'll answer that because you tend to ignore me.

Because one results in a president and the other does not. Been that way forever and the popular vote means squat.

I don't ignore you Intrepid. I usually agree with you. If I don't, it's usually merely a quibble, and you can be grouchy, LOL.

The issue that I initially brought up the popular vote in this discussion regarded a claim about "what the people wanted." In fact, that's the only reason I ever bring it up. I'm well aware and have been aware of the Electoral College. I'm also aware that many, including Donald Trump, wanted to do away with the Electoral College when it didn't go their way.

I'm not of that mind. You've never seen me argue for the removal of the EC. Have you?

Have you seen some of these folks who always sing the praises of the EC now damn it in the past?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: introvert
Well, in the context in which she said what she did, I would say she is entirely correct.

Well, I hazard a guess that we all know that this is another pretext for stars and flags for Clinton bashing.

Gosh, the old lady sure does trigger folks, don't she?

She's been triggering people for a long time. Hatred for her has been pushed by the Right Wing propaganda for decades now.

Who needs propaganda for a person that has been verified to label others as "superpredators" and "deplorables"? She is a disgusting and hateful person. Maybe if she would fade away and quit trying to be in the news all the time, we wouldn't have nasty things to say about the old hag.

It appears you and her have something in common.

Hatred.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: introvert

IDK why you guys are even arguing this point. It's redundant. In the dictionary under redundant it says, "See redundant".

Indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join