It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary blames ‘millions of white people’ for election loss

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

2.8 million more Americans believed in Hillary than in Trump, since you're arguing for "what people wanted to hear" which is a popularity argument.

Got to keep driving 2.8 mil...seems that is all the left has these days. The funny part is the non-vote voice was the winner, so keep holding tightly to your precious 1% from CA votes lol.

Non-vote 44.37%
Clinton 28.43%
Trump 27.20%

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I just want to preserve history; sorry you want to erase it.

Aside from your usual hyperbole, if the matter is "what did most Americans want who voted" the answer was Hillary Clinton.

Popular vote means vote of the people, you may remember.

edit on 11-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Oh, yea. The "white people" in fly-over country.

What a joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Weevils, ticks, other parasites ...

Whatever fits.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

2.8 million more Americans believed in Hillary than in Trump, since you're arguing for "what people wanted to hear" which is a popularity argument.

Got to keep driving 2.8 mil...seems that is all the left has these days. The funny part is the non-vote voice was the winner, so keep holding tightly to your precious 1% from CA votes lol.

Non-vote 44.37%
Clinton 28.43%
Trump 27.20%

If I was a Trump supporter, I would be worried about that non-vote, something tells me they are going to let their voices be heard and Trump and his supporters are not going to like it.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I just want to preserve history; sorry you want to erase it.

Aside from your usual hyperbole, if the matter is "what did most Americans want who voted" the answer was Hillary Clinton.

Preserve?

You mean like leftists / ISIS tearing down statues?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Man, you guys will argue anything. This is a nonissue. Doesn't it get old for you? It sure as hell does to the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Lesser of two weevils, did you say?

I would've voted for a boll weevil.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

I can think of one statue that has been "torn down." Most have been removed by the cities and counties who own them.

I guess you're against local determination.

Did you have a point aside from silly hyperbole?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm sure you can find someway to name your category to make Hillary a winner. I suggest.. CA really wanted Hillary to win, so she is a winner!!!

At least I can understand that America didn't really want either with a resounding 45% NO vote... That is over 70% of voters didn't want either Trump or Hillary.

One would think that 4 million more votes from CA and a nice 55 electoral jump from just one state would seal the deal, but then we had 49 other states that most thought differently.

Preserve the history...anyway you look at it Hillary lost

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I bet you would have voted for Beau Bridges even though he's the least talented of the Bridges.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

or Blue Tick Hounds...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

In fairness, Hillary was dumb enough to agree with her and restate that phrase in her own voice while agreeing.

That said, its obviously a mischaracterization of what she was getting at. And its what I touched on in the prior thread we talked on: that there are folks, particularly in the south, who feel threatened by the social movements in the rest of the country. In the past it was more a "shake your head at those dumb folks in California" (or wherever). Today, they are tearing down monuments in the south.

I've voiced my lack of concern over removing monuments, other than it seems that its moving too fast. In Dallas they wanted to remove the monument the same night as the City Council vote. That doesn't seem to give time to air grievances, and supports what is viewed as a social agenda while ignoring potential grievances among the voters in that community.

This is what hillary is talking about: white folks feeling that their culture and the fabric of their society is under attack. And their grievances are not heard, and tend to be met with cries of "RACIST", which only makes matters worse.

As a mostly nonvoting white male with a multi ethnic family, I see both sides very clearly here. And am not really invested in either at the moment, other than I prefer equality over inequality. If only the discussion nationally would provide for equality rather than rash action based on sentiment.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Dear Hillary,

Allow me to say to you what no other person in your circle has the guts to say to you.

People don't care about you. People care about their families. They care about how much is in their paycheck, about how much the government takes out of their paycheck.

They care about their families health. They don't really care about paying for someone else when they can't pay themselves.

People care about their environment. I've never met a person that was pro-pollution". Yet to continue to waste money on Paris Accord deals is an irritant to most Americans.

People don't really care about the illegal immigrant issue. Most, if forced, would probably say to give them amnesty. What people don't want is lawlessness from people or from their public officials.

Most people don't care about Russia. About Syria. They probably are getting sick and tired of hearing about Afghanistan.

Most people don't want to be bothered or annoyed by any politicians. Especially politicians who label them. Politicians talk too much and do too little.

And finally, we don't care how or why you lost. Clinging to the last election only makes you (and by default) your still loyal followers sound angry and bitter.

Start a hobby, Hillary. Maybe scrap-booking, quilting, meth, or stamp collecting. Take this time to better yourself as a human being instead of living in the past. Because, while it is vastly amusing to many of us, it really serves no purpose and it makes you look even worse.

regards,

DBCowboy

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's amazing that she still just doesn't get it. It's not that she's a woman, just as it wasn't just because Obama was half black, it's the person. She repulsed a good portion of the US and it showed on election day. If you can parade a German Shepherd up to the podium and he/she has good things to say and promise, ALONG with a good track record of doing those same things, I'd vote for him/her/it.

Think about it for just a second. The very Next president after 9-11-01 was named Barrack Hussein Obama. If that doesn't show that the job is more important than sex, race, choice of aftershave, then I don't know what is.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Shoulda gone with the cowpea weevil, buddy. Those good ol' down home, country values. On weevil scale, of course.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well, opinions vary. I'm fine with calling Clinton corrupt and possibly even criminal. She's obviously not dumb.

I hear your opinion of what Clinton was really saying. Here's what I think her point was:

Trump capitalized on the fears of changing demographics. He made empty promises and people believed him.

Like it or not, his theme was the old one of nativism which you know as well as I do goes hand in hand with racism/racial superiority, as we've seen with groups like the KKK, Nazis and other White Supremacists feeling that Trump is on their side.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
And in other newz....

"Hillary is a LIZARD from the Hollow Earth who eats babies for breakfast!"

DUDE...Hillary is not even relevant anymore.

That’s technically not true. If she stays in the public eye and continues to alienate large brush strokes of voters to thr Democratic party and their “brand”, which no pundits seem to be able to articulate, she will DIRECTLY impact the 2018 mid-terms...which means she stays relevant as long as she continues to dilute and harm the Democrats (Independent here).

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well, wiki leaks proved the DNC was rigged. The chairperson of the DNC stepped down to head Hilary's campaign, which stunk of collusion to high heaven. There's an ongoing fraud case filed against the DNC.

Your refusal to accept reality doesn't make it any less real, and your political bias is so obvious I can barely see around it.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder if she's ever considered that maybe, just maybe she lost because people saw her as a big pile of s...? Of course not, in her head it's always someone else's fault.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join