It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'D POISON TRUMP & KIM JONG-UN ... If They Asked Me to Cater

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: mobiusmale

I never said there would be no reaction. I even said it would be people's freedom of choice to do something or not.

Doesn't mean you should punish someone for stating an opinion. And by punish, I don't mean not listening to them, stop watching their movies or whatever. I mean punish like you suggested by taking away smokes and alcohol from Bourdain.

Lol...okay, yes, I went too far there.

Game, set and match to TerryDon79!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Oh look, the "we should defend Nazism," crowd didn't take long to remind us that this man shouldn't have any Constitutional rights.

ATS is a joke

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I think you are taking the comments of the few to pain the entirety of the whole. The vast majority of the Left do not believe it is ok, nor fashionable, to call for violence.

I don't think that there can be any question that the use of violent imagery, rhetoric and actions...directed toward Trump, and his supporters...has been commonplace since Nov. 8.

I would certainly hope (and I believe) that "the vast majority of the left" do not advocate violence. But the sentiment, to be violent toward anyone/anything to the right of center (or even not far enough left) is increasingly being expressed - both verbally and physically.

What Bourdain said is not a call for violence. What he said is no different than saying he would serve Trump and Kim a turd sandwich. It was a smart ass comment to impart his dislike for both men. He did not call for violence or poisoning of the leaders.

Again, we agree it was an attempt at humour. So was holding up a simulated severed head of the President. Ha ha.

So was Colbert doing a Nazi salute during a monologue. Hardy har har.

Not quite so funny was the play in Central Park which depicted women and African Americans stabbing the President.

That's not what he did here.

Again, I think you are making this out to be much more than it really is.

This is only an example of what is now considered to be "ok" in American cultural expression - so long as it is only directed at Donald Trump (or anyone associated with him).

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
Oh look, the "we should defend Nazism," crowd didn't take long to remind us that this man shouldn't have any Constitutional rights.

ATS is a joke

He is absolutely entitled to his Constitutional Rights!

And all other Americans (and the citizens of other free nations) have the Constitutional Right to express their reactions to what he chose to say while exercising those rights.

And...um...who said "we should defend Nazism"?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: RomeByFire

ATS is a joke

He is absolutely entitled to his Constitutional Rights!

And all other Americans (and the citizens of other free nations) have the Constitutional Right to express their reactions to what he chose to say while exercising those rights.

And...um...who said "we should defend Nazism"?

Quite a number of people. As a matter of fact, I've been called a Nazi myself for not believing that Nazism should be a protected ideological belief in America.

You must've missed the multiple and winding threads based around what happened in Charlottesville - because many, many folks insisted that Nazism should be defended to the death.

Oh. And I'm also considered a "white supremacist hater," for not being akin to blatant racism lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: introvert

I think you are taking the comments of the few to pain the entirety of the whole. The vast majority of the Left do not believe it is ok, nor fashionable, to call for violence.

I don't think that there can be any question that the use of violent imagery, rhetoric and actions...directed toward Trump, and his supporters...has been commonplace since Nov. 8.

I would certainly hope (and I believe) that "the vast majority of the left" do not advocate violence. But the sentiment, to be violent toward anyone/anything to the right of center (or even not far enough left) is increasingly being expressed - both verbally and physically.

What Bourdain said is not a call for violence. What he said is no different than saying he would serve Trump and Kim a turd sandwich. It was a smart ass comment to impart his dislike for both men. He did not call for violence or poisoning of the leaders.

Again, we agree it was an attempt at humour. So was holding up a simulated severed head of the President. Ha ha.

So was Colbert doing a Nazi salute during a monologue. Hardy har har.

Not quite so funny was the play in Central Park which depicted women and African Americans stabbing the President.

That's not what he did here.

Again, I think you are making this out to be much more than it really is.

This is only an example of what is now considered to be "ok" in American cultural expression - so long as it is only directed at Donald Trump (or anyone associated with him).

Because conservatives never said "not my president," about Obama whilst hanging Obama dolls from nooses whilst burning. Lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'd feed him as many burgers, bacon sannies and chip butties as he wanted. The cholesterol will get him in the end.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Commonplace? I don't think so. I just think the examples that are out there have been highlighted to make it seem more common than it actually is.

Again, I don't think it is increasing. I think the examples are being overblown. Ever heard of the saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"? I think that applies here.

Again, we agree it was an attempt at humour. So was holding up a simulated severed head of the President. Ha ha. So was Colbert doing a Nazi salute during a monologue. Hardy har har. Not quite so funny was the play in Central Park which depicted women and African Americans stabbing the President.

I believe the play was a modern take of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

It's art that is meant to be provocative.

People have been saying stupid things about our leaders and their supporters for a long time. This is nothing new.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It's a common fantasy. LOL.
Who cares?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join