It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Sessions’ DoJ Will Not Investigate IRS Suppression of Tea Party Groups

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well ... that about ends my support of the Trump Presidency.

Source
Republicans slammed the Friday announcement by President Donald Trump’s justice department that it will not investigate the official who allegedly oversaw the IRS’ secret sabotage of Americans’ civic groups before the 2012 election.

The Don and I could have rode out the next three years ... but, NO!! First he lets Hillary walk ... ... and now Lois?? I'm washing my hands of the guy who knows how ... yet refuses ... to drain the swamp. He's showing those true Blue Dog Democrat colors I've always mentioned about him.

The guy's gotta go.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Based on what we've seen thus far this year, the DOJ/Congress should work on more immediate issues...issues that improve the qualify of life of Americans.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sessions is at least a good enough lawyer to know he doesn't have a case against Lerner (or Clinton).

Waa. Gosh, someone's going to have to face reality soon.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I believe putting criminals who hold positions of power in their rightful place would go a long ways towards improving our quality of life.

And the entire worlds quality of life.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm not on the impeach Trump bandwagon but we do need to keep our politicians and those in power in check. Long overdue.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Based on what we've seen thus far this year, the DOJ/Congress should work on more immediate issues...issues that improve the qualify of life of Americans.

Putting a senior IRS staffer in jail would improve the quality of life for Americans for decades. Letting her get away with a criminal act disguised as a bureaucratic action is just disgusting.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
They couldn't prove "criminal intent" although they acknowledged everything that was done wrong, done carelessly, neglected, and mismanaged.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Bringing this up AGAIN would be a very unpopular thing to do and wouldn't be a great idea just before midterms.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

I don't care about who is up for election or their desire to be re elected. This Woman and her ilk and anyone else that colluded all the way on up to Obama himself would be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law if we were in fact..a Just nation not ruled by special interests and elections.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: carewemust

I believe putting criminals who hold positions of power in their rightful place would go a long ways towards improving our quality of life.

And the entire worlds quality of life.

Those at the top of Government seem to give a "pass" to certain people. I remember the outrage when Obama's DOJ didn't give jail time to some bankers and real-estate executives who stiffed the public.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
They couldn't prove "criminal intent" although they acknowledged everything that was done wrong, done carelessly, neglected, and mismanaged.

That seems to be the catch-all phrase. It's the same one that Comey used to let Hillary off the hook.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

how can we prove criminal intent?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
that's how it works when your 'enemies' have dirt on you.
Trump can't go after anyone /institutions /foreign governments that may or may not have dirt on him.

for this, his taxes and business dealings are safe until way after his presidency.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The IRS scandal (Yes, one of the dozens of scandals under Obama's "scandal free" 8 years) went straight up the chain to Obama. There's no way that will ever get investigated.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Those at the top of Government seem to give a "pass" to certain people. I remember the outrage when Obama's DOJ didn't give jail time to some bankers and real-estate executives who stiffed the public.

They couldn't. Obama tried hard, but at the end of the day, what the banks did wasn't illegal. Were we supposed to throw the bankers in jail for obeying the laws?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Maybe it's time you guys realized how manufactured your persecution has been as well as how fake your news has been. I mean so many of your conspiracies have been absurd. It's time to stop drooling every time you hear a bell ring.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If even Sessions thinks its a no win route of approach, you may want to consider that your stance MAY be incorrect.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

They couldn't. Obama tried hard, but at the end of the day, what the banks did wasn't illegal. Were we supposed to throw the bankers in jail for obeying the laws?

Yeah and it doesn't help that the banking protections we put in place to prevent another 2008 crash has been constantly lobbied and stripped of its fangs to no outrage or pushback.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Any question whose team Trump is on now?

He may do some good things here and there to enact some policies that have been ignored....but nothing that'll rock the boat too much.

Remember: the only people who have any real interest in upending the table are the ones who aren't heavily invested in what is on top of said table.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I love how some of you claim to want justice..etc, yet cheered when Joe Arpaio was pardoned. I guess when you mean justice, you mean only a specific group.

Now if Joe was actually doing his job instead of violating Mexican American rights by detaining and assuming they are illegal, his pardon could have been justified.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join