It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building a Pole Barn Home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Here are a few ideas. This was an episode of Fixer upper where they did a barn rehab. Not as open as you seem to want, but some cool ideas for a giant structure.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Very nice work. I like the idea of the main living area being upstairs although depending on how well one ages or any other physical limitations that could arise that could be an issue. I like it though.
I also loved the barn doors being able to cover the glass doors. I like the pocket door (barn doors aren't really that though are they?) concept for interior doors as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
As I'm from the UK I had to look up what a pole barn was. I see now you mean a glorified shed?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
As I'm from the UK I had to look up what a pole barn was. I see now you mean a glorified shed?

Yes.

Exactly.

I want to live in a big shed. But with a window. And maybe running water.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I like the clean, uncluttered and open look...but seems to be unless you broke it up with carpeting, wall stuff and furniture....the would be a rather obvious echo to all sound??

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I don't mind most of their renovations except that barn!.
I thought it was ludicrous sticking a giant dining table in the entrance way lol.
Apparently the owners have had legal troubles with the show and council since it was done.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Uncluttered is me too!
Furniture is enough to break the echo sound up.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I like the clean, uncluttered and open look...but seems to be unless you broke it up with carpeting, wall stuff and furniture....the would be a rather obvious echo to all sound??

A lot will depend on the flooring used. Straight lines and uncluttered space for an old crippled fat man like me to move around in.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Something to be said for a clear path!
None of us are getting any younger!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I was just speaking with a buddy and he made a good point about new construction for "folks like us" (50 and older). Be sure the doors are wide enough for a wheel chair. The time may come when a family member needs to stay with you and if they are in a chair, living could be very cumbersome. I will remember that when I do my addition.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

That's actually one of the things we're keeping in mind.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Not just doors, but hallways, bathrooms especially the shower. Make sure it is roll in and wide enough for a safety seat and the installation of a lift if necessary. Personally I think all homes should be built with calamity in mind. You can be a young healthy person and suffer an accident, stroke whatever and need your home modified for disabilities. If you have a 2 story make sure your staircase is wide enough for a lift too.You don't have to have the 'extras' in your home, just make sure if needed the room is there to add them later.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Dear DB, as a retired carpenter of 67 years experience, if you need a hand to build it I am available. Just pay my airfare and food and lodgings. PS. as I'm 6 foot 6 inches I would need a 1st class seat for the leg room . Thanks.
Oh, and drinks.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If you need a supervisor to 'motivate' the crew I will also need a FC seat and booze.

Plus a monitor that they can see so I can Les Grossman them all remotely from wherever it is that I decide to fly to.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm happy to see that, when it comes to building my home, drinking has taken top priority.

It's good to get priorities straight right from the beginning!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

They're wont be a right angle in the whole structure.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They're wont be a right angle in the whole structure.

Probably.

But with me there, there'd be a "cute" angles.

hahahahahahahahahaha

Geometry puns.

Sorry, I was being obtuse.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You're more like a wrecked angle.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Saakashvili. Clearly a guy who has been on the payroll of EU royals, especially the dutch royal family, well before his crazy adventure in South Ossetia. Now he's returning back to his handlers in the EU.
Meanwhile Ukraine is steadily moving back to its Russian roots, as with every nationalist and Bandera/Azov #show in Kiev, the people demand less EU, less Idiotic western deception of a "Lonely Ukraine" at the mercy of NATO, and more re-integration into its roots. Eventually full territorial integration of Ukraine in Russia is inevitable. All the # going on since 1991 ... just a EU orchestrated illusion of rule by weakness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join