It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hat Man

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I saw the hat man once when I was a child. I thought he was a strange dream/memory until a few years ago when there was a thread about him. Many people on this site have encountered this being.Hat Man Thread October 2014

He still scares me, and just talking about him, makes me worried he may come back. (I have spiritual protection, but I still worry)

I was between 8-10 years old. He came out of the corner of the bedroom and glided toward my brothers bed. He stayed over my brother and disappeared. I don't remember how he left or if I did/said something to make him leave. I believe it was summer time, because we were sent to bed and it was still daylight.

Days later, I described him to my mom as the guy on the neighborhood watch signs. He was almost as tall as the ceiling. She told me to pray and tell him not to come back. I don't remember if I did that.

I might have been more vulnerable to him than others. My parents were alcoholics and took on many different personalities when they drank. My childhood was violent, stressful, we had little food and little money.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've had some paranormal encounters but never saw anything like the hat man except maybe when I looked in the mirror. I have rarely worn a hat and long coat. It has to be freezing cold and windy. I did have someone once describe a ghost and said it looked like me. I have dreamed of exploring things as a ghost. That would be weird if I had been really doing it and it wasn't a dream.

The hat man story reminds me of a story possibly of a man with a hat, I don't remember well, who would visit people along South Carolina beaches if they were staying when a deadly hurricane was approaching and it was going to take their lives. This ghost was like warning the living that they had hours to live if they didn't evacuate.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the South Carolina ghost story.
www.plantationresort.com...

edit on 11/9/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

This guy sounds like an incredibly insane, perverted troll.

Important to remember that what goes up...must come down. As all things do.

If a spooky shadow man exists to give you freddy kruger style dreams, so do guardians to defend you.

what goes up...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I knew it! lol

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I started out doing ghost hunts if you will, but after having a few Shadow Encounters I really just tried to focus on this only. Like I stated in my thread I have studied the Shadow People since the 1990's. I've never had any issues with mental problems so I'm not sure why others do.

My take on this is to examine the events in as scientifically as possible. I know when you have a suspected encounter it takes some effort getting back on track, but staying focused on figuring out what's going on instead of buying into the hype helps in removing some of the static (if you will)

Using a strategy before heading out to a place for an investigation helps keep people with you focused. So does training them in a safe place (safe as in non-abandoned buildings, and during daylight hours or in a lighted area) so that when a suspected encounter happens they won't panic as easily.

As I stated before Shadow People still abide by the laws of physics, so with that in mind it's easier to remember that you can hurt them if they hurt you. It's a feel safe kind of thing more then anything else.

Piss him off.... insult him and watch what he does to you.

I hope you have a will.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I am glad to hear you have so much experience with this dude.

So I am also assuming he got up into your face?

Just you and him .... eye to eye?

Tell me ......... what colour is his eyes?

edit on 12-9-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Black

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm not really sure what the issue is, but this isn't a one person thing (the "Hat Man" that is). It seems that you've bought into the whole "Shadow = bad" thing. Try going at this from a scientific perspective and you'll start to understand a little more of what's going on.

I have had a few violent episodes with some "Shadow People", but in retrospect they may have been lashing out due to fear or self defense. I'm not 100% sure you're having an actual shadow encounter, and no I'm not going to get in to the neuroscience behind what you may be having, but I'll ask that you look at the situation from an unbiased and fresh perspective.

Ask yourself these questions:

How can one entity be in so many places at once (provided you believe that all these reports of the "Hat Man" are of the same creature)?

Why is it that some people see a hatted man while others see a hooded figure, and if you believe that they are two different entities, then why are their encounters the same?

If these hatted men encounters are suppose to be evil/bad than why are some encounters with them good and protective?

As I stated before I have been studying this phenomena since the 1990's, and I've never had one of those "oh my gawd, I'm going to pee myself" moments. I've had moments where I was a little apprehensive at first, but never a so afraid that I couldn't move moments. So take a step back, and think what's really going on here and seek out a scientific explanation for the event.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

Add mine to the list, I just posted it on another forum a couple days ago after spotting a thread regarding aliens.

I was visited multiple times by a blacked out entity wearing a fedora and trench coat, I believe it was alien for sure.

It had an aura or dread which made me enter "life or death mode", It was watching me through my glass door curtains during late nights and I felt it like a leech on the back of my neck/spine, I pretended mentally that I could not detect it and forced myself to think about other things, I slowly got up out of my chair and walked so that I was behind the blinds and out of its view, At that moment I knew I had an opportunity and decided to risk it, I then ran at the window/door with as much energy and strength as I could and subconsciously just walked through the glass because I guess I subconsciously knew I wouldn't have time to unlock and open the door.

I was 1 foot away, face to face with this thing, I had the intention to touch it or hit it, I felt like if I touched it I could do something, hard to recall as I was in a weird state, I feel like we were staring into each other for a couple seconds then it took one stiff step/movement backwards and began to float straight up, I watched it float up into the sky stiff as if on an invisible elevator.
I stood there and watched it the whole way up until it went out of sight, the second it did I felt my energy and strength completely disappear and the reality kicked in of what just happened and the dread came on, the feeling of utter and complete death. that no way would i be alive by tomorrow. that I crossed a line and would be punished for it, that it knew me and could do whatever it wanted to me while i sleep or dream.

I never saw it again after that night, and I never experience the "Shadow man" in dreams or the sleep apena # ever again.

This was about 6 or 7 years ago. I had researched plenty about aliens and all other conspiracy theories etc. I never researched or heard of the "shadow men" before that happened though. There is so many theories but I know that # is real.

edit - Not completely true that I never saw it again, physically and awake I never experience it again.
I will add that I would fully consciously lucid dream almost every night around that time period, literally for at least 1 whole year.
In those dreams i had instant manifestation of what i was doing expected and wanted etc, whether it was traveling through space, eating food or having sex with women and aliens, lol.
Sometimes, in dreams I would get a surprise visit from the shadow and it would try very hard to scare me, even if i tried to avoid it or chase it away it would challenge me and still manage to shock me awake. It would basically crash my wonderland dreams, I know that sounds like the body waking me up to
pee or for food or something and all that but the feels and energy was the same, I can attract the thing just by thinking about it and feeding it a little. I try not to give it any power anymore but I actually do see it in my dreams once a year or so maybe.

I see it as a parasite basically an opportunist and trickster. I do not think they are "evil" but they are not your friend.

edit on 14-9-2017 by Yoamr because: extra info and corrections

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yoamr

I see it as a parasite basically an opportunist and trickster. I do not think they are "evil" but they are not your friend.

I'm glad that you've taken this stance. I'm not to sure I would label them a parasite, but calling them an opportunist and trickster is a great label to use.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
After coming home from the mental hospital I saw him too. This was two years ago.

The only thing he did to me was made me stiff with paralysis. He then smiled at me and his smile turned to sharp teeth and his fingers turned into claws.

He began to attack me ripping me up and eating me piece by piece. Once he was finished he took three little blue balls. I didn't know I had that within me. I assume they were souls? Anyway, it really happened. The only scary thing was that it felt real but it must have been the effects of the pills I had to take.

But the pills can't explain what I saw in my dream.

I'm curious to know what type of pills you were taking?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
I really want to know if other races see hat man as Black or Chinese. Never heard of any so far anyhow.

You've never heard of a Black man or Chinese man seeing the Hat man before? Like how would you even KNOW THIS? It's not like you can tell what race everyone is on these boards telling the stories. Do you just assume everybody on here and other sites are all white/Hispanic?
edit on 14-9-2017 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2017 by TheOnlyBilko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just had a look at your thread, I think your original description is a little different from what I consider a shadow person.

Although I have never experienced a "ghost", yours sounds like a ghostly almost non physical thing, what i saw was very solid blacker than black, light did not pass through.
The shot with fear part sounds very real, but that might just be shock response, I'm sure if I seen a ghostly image I would feel fear as well.
The feeling I had was of complete pure death/dread, the worst feeling I have ever felt in my life, heavy, sickly and strong and that was only once it completely went out of sight.
During the whole experience with it in view I felt like I was in some god/fight mode and was ready to chase and fight it to reveal or experience something.

When thinking about what attracts a shadow man or makes the person aware of their existence, I think the more you open you're mind the more vulnerable you are.

Before my shadow man experience,
I was heavily researching aliens, technology and all things supernatural. I used to ask a few angels for assistance and healing, I used to create mental golems/protectors, I used to manifest a golden light spiked bubble around myself, I did initiate some rituals, I did offer myself as a sword, I would attempt to meditate, I would perform the heavenly drum day and night, Listen to binaural beats, I had have dreams of sex and talking to this purple skinned alien(before avatar lol), and a lot of space travel.
I once had a dream where i kept zooming/flying out of space very quickly until all there was visible was the multiverse theory, 6 or 7 disks that made up one big ball, each had its own big ball of different color on the disk like chakra points.
I had a recurring dream of meditating full lotus in a circle with about 7 different creatures/beings in front of a giant red planet, I felt incredibly enlightened at those times.
I wish i could have recorded my dreams because I forget so much and there was so much information.

I had a dream of this girl and her mentioning we shouldent be doing this, we had dream/astral sex, few years later she is my wife and we have 2 children.

I would dream and know what day it was and that i was asleep in bed. I stopped using my alarm clock, I would tell myself what time to wake up as i was fallling asleep and wakeup to the exact minute, It was crazy. my dreams were pure god mode sandbox 99% of the time and if they weren't i was still conscious and could tell/ would believe I was being influenced externally by someone/something else.

A few times I would wake up to a frequency vibration sound very loud like an engine or a strange whistle or something, It would continue for a good few minutes. It would start as a loud humm and then would merge like when 2 people whistle really loudly you hear the sound waves clash and twist. It scared the # out of me the first time.
Another time i woke up to golden glowing numbers on my wall, I literally locked eye contact and got up out of bed to the wall and it was still there, soon as i blinked it diapered though, was a number 52 or 32 or something I cant remember.

I never heard of the shadow man beforehand but and I never #ed with demonic or Ouija boards etc, never been religious in a sense of praying to god or believing I need a middle man to empower myself.

I did have a very close UFO encounter before all that started, driving down the highway around 11pm with a group of friends I spotted something in the distance, I was sitting in the back and started to point it out to my friends and it changed direction towards us no #, one of them black triangle crafts you can google them UF12 or some# with the lights in each corner and a center amber light that turned on when it was crossing the highway, I could sort of see stuff moving inside around the light, it was moving very slowly and silently, we pulled over to watch it and it just glided towards a cloud coming towards it and then disappeared behind it. At the time i was the UFO guy and they were all pretty skeptic and i'm just like "what guys?" "told you" I was all proud of it lol.

No one said much after that and we all sort of never talked about it, I bring it up every now and then and most of them have just forgotten.

sorry for my crappy spelling/grammar/ranting.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I've seen him too, more than once; I started a topic about it a few years ago, here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyBilko

originally posted by: ADSE255
I really want to know if other races see hat man as Black or Chinese. Never heard of any so far anyhow.

You've never heard of a Black man or Chinese man seeing the Hat man before? Like how would you even KNOW THIS? It's not like you can tell what race everyone is on these boards telling the stories. Do you just assume everybody on here and other sites are all white/Hispanic?

I don't think that's what the poster was getting at. I think they were wondering if Black or Asian or other races saw the "hat man" as their own race. Did they see him as a white guy or did they see him with no race since he was a shadow person. I think he was looking for a possible cultural influence. Is there a cultural component to this experience? Do people living in India see these shadow people wearing a hindu headdress for example? Its a good question to help understand what is taking place.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've never seen the hat man but I have seen shadow "people". They reminded me very much of the Jawa characters from the old Star Wars movies except that they had no real features. They were short misty shadow figures with cloaks over their heads. They appeared from time to time in my bedroom during the only paranormal episode in my life, a period that lasted 3 months or so, growing in intensity over time. At first I was skeptical if I was really seeing them or not, chalked it up to tricks of the light, not getting enough sleep and whatnot. Then other type of events started to happened that I couldn't explain away so easily and as things culminated I saw one head on while wide awake. When I spotted the shadow it darted towards me and as it got closer it did this weird sliding kneeling down combination while gliding through the air. When it got right next to me it simply vanished into thin air. Everything that went on in that house shook me up quite a bit and opened me up to things I'd never even thought about before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join