It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho and Chicago USA "Rocking not shaking" multi swarm EQ M4.7 <2hrs ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I was just looking at the most recent EQs and idaho seems to be having a swarm. any thoughts on this fault or area?

Here's a link to what im referring to

earthquake-report.com...

Chicago and Evansville too...
edit on 10-9-2017 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just checked the usgs app. Seems like there's a quake/storm epidemic in the US.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daalder
Just checked the usgs app. Seems like there's a quake/storm epidemic in the US.

When a storm hits the land, all the energy from the waves hitting the coast and wind hitting mountains, hills and buildings gets transferred as vibrations into the ground. It might be that they can travel through the ground in the same way that the sound of train travels through railway lines.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Any Fracking going on there?

According to this there is. Someone else do the overlay comparison to well sites and earthquake activity...

Idaho has become oil producer

Fracking maps

edit on 10-9-2017 by intrptr because: links

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I'm a little South of Chicago and have not noticed anything.

It definitely could have something to do with Irma. Both the hurricane, and my girlfriend's stepmother.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Don't know if fracking has anything to do with it.
Seems like if you're not being rocked by wind, you're being rocked by a quake (small or big).

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

I'm a little South of Chicago and have not noticed anything.

It definitely could have something to do with Irma. Both the hurricane, and my girlfriend's stepmother.

Which one is more dangerous, the hurricane or your girlfriends stepmother?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

im a couple hours away from Chicago, didn't feel anything here where i am.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Irma going to trigger Yellowstone

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Idaho EQ list.

More about what's going on:
"210 earthquakes detected in Idaho, experts say M7.0 possible but not likely"

A total of 210 earthquakes have been detected in Southeast Idaho near the city of Soda Springs, Caribou County since Saturday, September 2, 2017. Experts say that they can't guarantee there won't be a larger quake in this area, but 'the possibility is extremely low.'

The U.S. Geological Survey registered a total of 210 earthquakes between 23:26 UTC on September 2 and 12:18 UTC on September 9, including M5.3 at a depth of 6.5 km (4 miles), the strongest so far. Magnitudes ranged from 1.6 to M5.3 at depths between 0.6 to 12.9 km (0.4 to 8 miles).

Source

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
They sound like fracking quakes to me. I think we are getting overboard with fracking.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I read your headline like a kid that just ran inside and is all out of breath trying to tell me something important. Lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Any Fracking going on there?

According to this there is. Someone else do the overlay comparison to well sites and earthquake activity...

Idaho has become oil producer

Fracking maps

Always fracking , huh ? Do you blame your cavities on fracking ? Diarrhea ? Bad relationships ?
Earthquakes were happening way before fracking.
Tip for you . The Northern Hemisphere has been warm . It is Summer here in the US. Always brings those little swarms. Now , the US is cooling down and they will go back to next to nothing.
Deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I live down the road from the quakes in Idaho. At my house we feel all the big ones and my Family in George Town lives closer and they get almost all the shaking. I am looking for fracking, so far the forest service told me there is no fracking going on in Idaho.....I wonder.
The pattern reminds me of Oklahoma, when it all began there after fracking started. Most all the quakes are 3 miles down with the ones over four about 6 to 8 miles down. This last series seems to have the depths all over the place. They are scattered over the mountains but recently they have bunched up near the highway. Also the new ones have had a tendency to migrate a little south in the last few days. Last might a series began about 3:40AM and by morning we had had 24 shakes.
George Town summit seems to be the boundary and I hope they stay on that side. If they hit the larger faults down the valley I fear something much worse will happen. So far the experts all act like this is a normal thing but no one here in Bear Lake county, or around Soda in Caribou county, have ever in their lifetimes of the lifetimes of their multi-generational ranches since the pioneers, have ever seen something like this before.
The shaking is different as well, it is very jolting, not like the wave like quakes we have had in the past. They jolt like something is hitting your house with something large and rattling everything inside. The kids have chosen to sleep outside in the van. I can't blame them. I hope this just fades away but who can be sure.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Deny ignorance.

Proof it wasn't fracking, or its just your opinion.

Deny arrogance

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Watch California starting now until next week.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Watch California starting now until next week.

Is California ramping up their fracking operations?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Your linked source shows nothing for anywhere near Chicago. Nothing is listed anywhere on any quake tracking site for Chicago. Not even on RSOE. If ANYWHERE is going to scaremonger something benign, it's RSOE.

I smell OP BS in the vicinity.

Edit: Just noticed the OP date. 2 days later and still no EOTWAWKI, though.
edit on 9/12/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Eotwowki?? There were 2 reports in Chicago they probably rolled off by now they were small

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

LOL!

What, all the way from Florida to Yellowstone, clear the other side of the country?

I do not think that is likely, somehow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join