It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do animals keep running away from me?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
I run to them and the run away. I slowly walk to them and they just run away. I even tried using camo net/camo clothing in bush. All I'm carrying is a gun and a knife. Why do they keep running away?! I just want to pet them.

Ok...what's the fastest way to run an animal off? Run at it.
You just kicked in it's fight or flight response.

What types of animals are you having problems with?
Without knowing that no ones going to be able to give you any meaningful advice.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I run to them and the run away. I slowly walk to them and they just run away. I even tried using camo net/camo clothing in bush. All I'm carrying is a gun and a knife. Why do they keep running away?! I just want to pet them.

Try taking a shower that will probably help.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They smell murder when you approach.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They can sense you are Satan.

Don't complain, It is better they run away than attack you.

There is a lot of truth to this, I think. From my experience, non-human lifeforms still have the ability to sense intent/emotion.

I have always experienced the opposite of what you proclaim. Animals tend to flock towards me, and on multiple occasions I have had injured creatures seek me out as if they KNOW that I will help them. They probably also know that I'm not going to hurt them and consume them. Carnivores can be sensed by their odor, as well. So, it could be that they are afraid of you because of your stench.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Always let animals, domestic or wild, come to you. Lower yourself to their height-do not stare at them and place you palm up on the ground and wait-be patient. If you have a nut or piece of fruit just place it in front of you and wait.

It may take several trials. Be quiet-be alone-no talking at all. After awhile they will learn to trust you. Have patience-for goodness sake don't have any smells or any kind of weapons on you.
edit on 10-9-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Do not try to approach the animals,have a calm demeanor,show no fear and animals will approach you. If you must move,move very very slowly,the faster you appear the bigger threat you appear to be,also try lowering your posture like you might to speak to a child,by making yourself appear smaller and slower you are saying I am no threat to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I get the opposite especially cats

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ya ever take a walk in the Forrest and see the Deer playfully frolicing with the Skunks and Racoons while the Bears Squaredance with the Wolves and Mountain Lions......lol.....LMAO.......why do you have a gun and a knife...are you insecure or afraid?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: makemap

You have to cover yourself in piss first. Duh.

And if you cover yourself in your own piss, even other humans will run away from you

With cats, I just sit down and make a little basket with my arms on my knees. They always jump in.

Have you tried kulning with cattle?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Animals have a keen sense and know things about humans that we often overlook....our human spirit.

Animals can see who we are and they can see if anything (spiritual) is attached to a person, like a negative entity attached to you which will scare off most animals....

my grandmother always said, " You can tell if a person has a good heart especially if they own an animal. A animal will not live peaceful in any home where negative supernatural occurrences happen and will run off, especially cats.... dogs not so much.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
As an indiginous caucasion my culture has taught my people how to smell like the wind and sound like the wind how to smell like the earth and how to sound like the earth......if you can learn these things you may walk up and commune with the animals.......www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

1. DON'T RUN towards animals!!! It will only kick-start their escape reflex.
2. DON'T WALK towards animals!!! They will only see that as you're stalking them and again kick-start their escape reflex.
3. (Pardon for asking) What do you smell like? "Human scents" - like soap, shampoo, after shave etc - is a big NO-NO.
When you "Ghillie up" you've gotta become ONE with your surroundings.
Do not smoke (if you do) or sit by a camp fire before going out. Even if you can't smell the smoke in your clothes, the animals will!
If you gotta drink something, ONLY drink water. Coffee, tea, soda or alcohol will "contaminate" your breathing (exhalation air) and will only give you away.

4. You must let the animals come to you, although don't expect them to come close enough to be petted.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Do not smoke (if you do) or sit by a camp fire before going out. Even if you can't smell the smoke in your clothes, the animals will!
If you gotta drink something, ONLY drink water. Coffee, tea, soda or alcohol will "contaminate" your breathing (exhalation air) and will only give you away.

4. You must let the animals come to you, although don't expect them to come close enough to be petted.

I have experiences that contradict the smoke bit,I know for a fact that Cannabis smoke doesn't scare them away as I have been within petting distance while smoking some,most notably I was approached by four or five small raccoons while just sitting peacefully near my favorite bridge. From my experience it almost seems like it helps,but it could just be the calm state it puts me in.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Maybe its that cheap cologne your wearing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join