It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cows - They Fart & They Burp Producing Methane Gasses !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
These people obsessed with cows burping and farting have chosen the lesser gods over God. They constantly are seeking something to live for. It's funny that, rather consistently, these 'climate change', 'tree hugger' types also deny God and Jesus and push atheism. The delusions go hand in hand.

No they don't. I have faith in God and Jesus and I am one of those "climate change" "tree hugger" types.

I also love cows. I have cows. Cows, like many creatures, are fun, loving and intelligent.

And oh so adorable! Except for my cow Nettie, God rest her soul. She really loathed me and would go out of her way to stand on my feet.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Ok I was just listening to an activist on climate change on Bill Maher show say that industrial agricultural practices with cows are harming our environment; the reason too many are farting and burping, I am not even joking. They even went so far as to say it's more harmful than vehicle emissions. I do believe that all the studies showing our industrial modern society is producing too much harmful products for the environment to absorb is true, and that contributes too a big problem. But animals passing gas and burping is the least of our problems, I would say to any environmentalist don't use that as an argument because you just sound silly.

There were millions of buffalo roaming North America 400 years ago I am sure they passed a lot of gas too.

We need to focus on reducing non-organic pollutants.

Just because it sounds silly doesn't mean it isn't true. Has it ever occurred to you that cattle were never intended to reach the population sizes required for modern meat consumption, or that they weren't intended to consume a diet of corn?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

These people obsessed with cows burping and farting have chosen the lesser gods over God.

I disagree. Cow farts are a "greater God," not a "Lesser God."

The entire universe spewed forth from the anus of a giant Cow. Little known fact.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

a reply to: gort51

Shame noone has mentioned there are 7 billion humans on Earth too, all Farting 24 hours per day, every day....even the skinny Vegan ones.

World Population Clock

Thus the ultimate question, who dispenses more methane 7.5 billion humans or 1 billion cows ?

What is the volume of methane released PER DAY into the air by one cow, compared to one human? Once we know this, a rough answer to your question can be given.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

These people obsessed with cows burping and farting have chosen the lesser gods over God. They constantly are seeking something to live for. It's funny that, rather consistently, these 'climate change', 'tree hugger' types also deny God and Jesus and push atheism. The delusions go hand in hand.

Right, so you scoff at them because you live for god and are happy to have him make your decisions for you, and if you screw up you can always pray for forgiveness...

Congratulations ....

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Ok I was just listening to an activist on climate change on Bill Maher show say that industrial agricultural practices with cows are harming our environment; the reason too many are farting and burping, I am not even joking. They even went so far as to say it's more harmful than vehicle emissions. I do believe that all the studies showing our industrial modern society is producing too much harmful products for the environment to absorb is true, and that contributes too a big problem. But animals passing gas and burping is the least of our problems, I would say to any environmentalist don't use that as an argument because you just sound silly.

There were millions of buffalo roaming North America 400 years ago I am sure they passed a lot of gas too.

This nothing more than urban ledgand being accepted as fact.

For evey bovine type of cow and calf and similar animals there are in the world, there is about 1,000 + human beings who fart. The collective emitted gas from humans is therefore about 1,000 times more than from bovine animals.

As I see this, its more about making a case for killing humans than bovine anmials but then again; those who have their minds made up for them by the media will never realise this will they?

edit on 11-9-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Termites produce a lot of Methane, and rotting vegetation, yes, the permafrost too, which is not quite so permanent, Humans produce Hydrogen sulphide which is why our gas stinks, methane is odourless.
The smell of cooking gas is added artificially.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

You make a good point, the methane release from a warming planet makes the cow stuff irrelevant, and again the very least of our worries, now this concerns me.

methane has a large natural emission component. This natural emission is from warming permafrost in the northern latitudes. Permafrost is permanently frozen ground. Much of the permafrost is undisturbed by bacterial decomposition.....One of these studies makes use of projections from the most recent IPCC report to estimate that up to 205 gigatons equivalent of carbon dioxide could be released due to melting permafrost. This would cause up to 0.5°C (up to 0.9°F) extra warming.

See article
The Methane Problem

Worldwide, permafrost contains 1700 billion tons of organic material equaling almost half of all organic material in all soils. This pool was built up over thousands of years and is only slowly degraded under the cold conditions in the Arctic. The amount of carbon sequestered in permafrost is four times the carbon that has been released to the atmosphere due to human activities in modern time.

As I always suspected we have much bigger issues to tackle when it comes to global warming than Joe Farmers 130 cows burping.
We might be locked into a cycle that can't be stopped now because of this, even if every human on earth stopped driving and we slaughtered every cow on the planet today. The ecological chain reaction that has already started might be at the point of no return, it's impossible to really know.
edit on 11-9-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You can't forget that there are other large grazing animals in big herds too.

I am thinking of the wildebeest in Africa for one example. Somehow, I doubt that are emitting rainbows as a side effect of their digestive processes.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Exactly! You need a better God!!

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

edit on 12-9-2017 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
"And oh so adorable! Except for my cow Nettie, God rest her soul. She really loathed me and would go out of her way to stand on my feet."

Yeah, you have to watch for cows standing on you piggys. If you are a Christian, why in the world are you being deceived by non-believing politicians? Do you not understand the the scientists behind global warming are being paid via grants by the very government that moves to deny God and His commandments at every turn? And their solution is for you to pay them money, that alone should get your attention. Look at electric cars for instance, where does electricity come from?? They do nothing to help, it is a fake and a lie. Look at Al Gore. He is a hypocrite, living in a huge house and flying around in a jet plane all the time. This whole movement is about nothing but money. I am not for destroying the environment, and much has been done (in the US of A) to reduce pollution already, and I am fine with that, but I wont be deceived by an out and out money grab.
a reply to: auroraaus

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Exactly! You need a better God!!

Or you could choose to be responsible for your actions..

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: eriktheawful

They may have the most cows but the reason is for export of meat and dairy to support the consumption of the US and other First World Nations.

In order to support such a large demand we've also leveled over half the Amazon and other Giant forests to either raise the cattle or grow the food to feed them. So it's like a double hit for the environment by destroying the forests which would help clean the air and replace it with cattle that poison it more. (I'm sure that's not the only reason for deforestation but it's one of them.)

This is a gem of a comment as it relates to red meat production and the overall impact; land use change is the top of the list and the methane rhetoric is a bit alarmist, but I guess it's their angle on raising awareness.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

One can easily make out shipping lines on this SO2sm map, kinda visualises your point. Brought to you by cheap labour in China and global shipping-pollutions.

earth.nullschool.lin k

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh don't worry!

We can all eat bugs. Who knew that just a little less hygiene would solve the world's food shortage problems. You can wallow in your filth and eat the cockroaches it feeds.

Dont be surprised if Walmart starts selling bugs as the latest McDonalds "live" cuisine fad. Asians are way ahead of us in that Dept. Just think of all that yummy organic protein.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

They have already started

Here is a place called The Bug Bistro, billions of crickets blow less gaseous methane than a billion cows.

Eat insects to save the planet ?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

While I might enjoy the occasional insect on my menu, they aren't replacing other things to save the planet. If they get there, it's on their own merits and not through social engineering.

And I am not looking forward to having to pick bristly cricket legs out from between my teeth. Are you?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That's repulsive. Who tried pushing this again? Someone in gov a few years ago I think. Clinton maybe.
edit on 14-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Such as how? Do what you tell me? No thanks, you are deceived!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Such as how? Do what you tell me? No thanks, you are deceived!

What? So who is responsible for your actions?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join