It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets fired at Mexican presidential helicopter. Feds rounded up people en masse in response.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So,

There were rockets fired at the Mexican presidential helicopters in Oaxaca Mexico on thursday, September 7, 2017 by a group of protestors.

My wifes social media is talking about the Mexican president having visited the Oaxaca Region of Mexico to inaugurate a convention center. They dont like him there. They threw rocks at the motorcade and chanted for him to leave in past visits.

Demonstrators in Oaxaca fired rockets today at helicopters carrying President Enrique Peña Nieto and an entourage of staff and reporters, puncturing the fuselage of one of the aircraft. No one was hurt. Members of the dissident CNTE teachers’ union had gathered at the site of Oaxaca city’s new convention center to protest the visit by Peña Nieto, who flew in earlier this afternoon by helicopter to preside over the center’s official opening. As the presidential entourage descended, protesters fired several rockets of the type used for religious and other celebrations. One struck the aircraft carrying reporters and government personnel and punctured the glass cockpit near the feet of the pilots. The rocket exploded inside the aircraft, filling it with smoke. The pilot ascended and moved away from the area before landing again. The teachers’ union, in its continuing protest against federal education reforms, fired rockets earlier at state police who had surrounded the convention center. Police returned the fire with tear gas. Three police officers were wounded by rockets. During the ceremony later Peña Nieto condemned the violence and defended the reforms. “Change always brings resistance,” he said.
mexiconewsdaily.com...

On Peña Nieto's trip from the airport, one of his helicopters had a rocket actually puncture the cabin and explode inside. The rocket was fired by an already gathered group of protestors at the convention center as the helicopters were landing. It is still unclear if any other helicopter was hit as well but did not have the rockets puncture and detonate inside like the one that was.

These are the typical rockets used by protesters worldwide that when not being used as weapons are used for festivities like the fourth of july as fireworks.

My wife said her feed reported that: The federal police then responded by rounding up every male of combatant age for questioning in an entire region. They went from home to home breaking windows and doors in order to corral them up. They let reporters go but made them go after a search and confiscation of equipment. They were even grabbing people off the street that were passing by.

Then there was a media blackout on the subject and her feed asked for people to share and alert news networks world wide of what was happening.

I cant find much else is this falso?

In Mexico it was already thought that the government killed off a group of student and teacher activists (Members of CNTE teachers’ union) when they were kidnapped and made to disappear, causing much public outrage in Oaxaca for the current administration. Thats why the locals protested him now. They really hate him there. Did the Federales really round every male up and take them in for questioning?

www.facebook.com...

This video is from a reporter on the ground claiming she had her stuff taken in a mass roundup by the federal army. They let her go because she is a member of the press. Sorry its in Spanish. She said they were raiding homes and grabbing every male of age they could. Pretty much what my wife was saying her feed reported.

Whats going on?

edit on 9 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I wonder what they think would be accomplished but shooting down their president?

I feel like if that happened here in the US, you would have crazy news for a few days and the rest back to normal...

ThAts how the pyramid scheme works.

As far as Mexico I hear it's pretty crazy so it makes sense, I doubt they will catch the perp tho.

Lots of chaos happening lately...🤔

a reply to: tadaman

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyJeans
I wonder what they think would be accomplished but shooting down their president?

I feel like if that happened here in the US, you would have crazy news for a few days and the rest back to normal...

ThAts how the pyramid scheme works.

As far as Mexico I hear it's pretty crazy so it makes sense, I doubt they will catch the perp tho.

Lots of chaos happening lately...🤔

That probably wasn't the plan. What's the chance of achieving a direct hit of a helicopter hundreds of feet up in the air with a regular firework? They just got a lucky shot, which has embarassed the heads of security and they are pissed.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Oh Mexico. Sigh....

You have a dangerous "fireworks" addiction. It's bad for your health! Seek help!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Mexico has had a civil war going on for a decade.
It's a 3 way fight between the government, the cartels and the average person caught in the middle.
Towns have banded together against both.
Until the cartels are disarmed there is no chance of peace being the norm.
The government is equally out of control and beyond authoritarian.
edit on 9-9-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
If an American group had done this to an American president ?

All 50 states would be on lock down and killer satellites would have
already eliminated the threats. But we'd still be on lock down
for a couple decades.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be cool if the U.S. stopped the farce that is the war on drugs and in doing so put the cartels out of business?

Imagine that. Mexico wouldn't be a third world narco state and people wouldn't be rushing our border en masse just to escape it. I guess it's easier to treat the symptoms than the actual problem.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

the war on drugs and in doing so put the cartels out of business?

That would be an impossibility . The end result would be a lot more black market cartels..
Geez

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
No wonder they want to ship everyone across the border.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

They shot fireworks... aka bottle rockets.

A bit sensational imo, but at least one bottle rocket smoked out a helicopter lol.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Reminds me of this novel called Pendragon: The Never War (From the Pendragon series) where a fireworks rocket was used to shoot down the German Zeppelin called the Hindenburg.
edit on 9/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

No, bottle rockets are bottle rockets. These are rockets that can get to a pretty high altitude, and probably have a large explosion.

3 cops injured that day. They can take a finger off or blind you. If it hits bare skin, it takes a bite out of you.

A rocket used for celebration can weigh as much as you like since they are made by hand. They are in carton and paper so the explosion doesnt damage much beyond the initial burst. It can still be a large explosion that is dangerous even without shrapnel.

Fun fact: The worlds largest was over 1000 pounds.

edit on 9 10 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So did they fire rockets capable of damaging the helicopter or did they launch fireworks?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

-Chris

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

They launched large fire works that broke through the cockpit and exploded inside.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
So did they fire rockets capable of damaging the helicopter or did they launch fireworks?

Large fireworks for professional displays are balls of gunpowder anything up to 12" is size and launched like mortars.

www.pdcfireworks.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Much of Mexico is a 3rd world country as well as one of the most dangerous countries on the planet.

top topics

join