It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vanishing Ninja Monkeys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Those avatars were sweet. it seemed like all the staff each had a custom monkey.
Although it was short lived it was nice while they lasted.
So what happened? Hipsters thought it was too trendy and dropped it?

Oh well looks like the Mods in Black will be around for a while

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
They evolved, thereby proving creationism correct. If evolution is true, then why are there still monkeys?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
They evolved, thereby proving creationism correct. If evolution is true, then why are there still monkeys?

That was good. I was very amused.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Monkeys? Must be a christian. Humans evolved from a ancestor that the Apes, not monkeys, also share. Here a way to explain it.

You have two kids. They both have two kids. Then those have 2 kids. 50 generations later repeating the 2 kids, the kids of that 50th generation have nothing in common with the other split(your sons line has nothing in common with your daughters line), but share the same ancestor, you. Also, you fight a gorilla hand to hand, tell me who wins.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Very simply...someone killed my monkey. A ninja-monkey too.
Was definately was a skilled assassin.

Sad indeed.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Monkeys? Must be a christian. Humans evolved from a ancestor that the Apes, not monkeys, also share. Here a way to explain it.

You have two kids. They both have two kids. Then those have 2 kids. 50 generations later repeating the 2 kids, the kids of that 50th generation have nothing in common with the other split(your sons line has nothing in common with your daughters line), but share the same ancestor, you. Also, you fight a gorilla hand to hand, tell me who wins.

I thought we came from monkey's not apes

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Sad indeed.

Thanks for explaining. I thought it was hiding in the closet eating 'nanners.

I'll have a wake for the poor thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

I believe the comment was satire, making fun of creationism rather than endorsing it
Dunno if that's true, but that's how I took it.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Sad indeed.

Must have been Amuk or his kids

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
I believe the comment was satire, making fun of creationism rather than endorsing it
Dunno if that's true, but that's how I took it.

Glad to hear they inspired you Jake.

Actually they were just monkeys.
And trained ninjas.
Basically.....just ninja-monkeys. Pretty cool huh?

Was only about as deep as that. Ummm, they're like ninjas.....AND monkeys.

Okkkkaaayyyy...is this thing on?

*drops the mic*

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just for fun we like to do group avatars every now and then, the ninja monkeys, the Christmas avatars, the eye patches and so on. Mine has been and will always be the one I have now but I like to join in on occasion
Besides if you have seen a picture of me you would know why I got that monkey....LOL

Who knows what we will be next?

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Bunnies better anyways.

Oooo! New idea for a Fox show. Monkey ninja vs a human ninja, who will win?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
lol chimp'd waste a human. Chimp would waste a ninja. A ninja chimp would waste our entire board and make this board rather bored.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I agree with junglejake. I've seen chimps hunt and they are frickin' crazy.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sad indeed.

GoJuRu isn't about that. We don't dress up in costumes and carry swords...LOL We dont fly or vanish in a puff of smoke

Our DoJo doesn't even teach a weapon style although some do practice them on their own. When asked about weapons we tell them a .45 is a good choice.

Our style is about hand to hand combat and physical/spiritual discipline.

At our DoJo you will find we have classes for Womens self deffense, Child safety (not how to fight but how to get away), Vets, Troubled Teens, etc; we even teach the Police how to take down and hold suspects.

We are more of a community outreach program then the Ninja Turtles

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have an idea for the next mod avatar get together:

pics of human organs. I'd look forward to see who gets the pic of a brain, who gets the heart, and who gets the colon

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Sad indeed.

GoJuRu isn't about that. We don't dress up in costumes and carry swords...LOL We dont fly or vanish in a puff of smoke

We are more of a community outreach program then the Ninja Turtles

Was only foolin' about.
You really can't take many of my posts seriously, they tend to be riddled with satire and sarcasm
You did say in one of those posts that your kids could take 50 ninja -- hence the reference

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Was only foolin' about.
You really can't take many of my posts seriously, they tend to be riddled with satire and sarcasm
You did say in one of those posts that your kids could take 50 ninja -- hence the reference

I didnt
I just like to plug my DoJo and my Sons when possible.

It was a roomful I am not sure how many that is, I guess it depends on the size of the room and the size of the Ninja

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

That is an invalid point.

First and foremost, lets assume here evolution is correct. If there is a large group of animals in no particular location, and they are at a evolutionary equalibrium...or as clos to one as they could get, evolution would slow down for them. They would still adapt, but the traits would not be "forced" to change for survival. Lets just say, for one reason or another, half of that group moves way north, where a totally different temperature and climate exist. Different predators ect. Evolution would again start to move quickly. According then, to evolutionary theory, it would be possible for the originator and the result to exist at the same time. So, your non thought out statement above is immediatly been proven incorrect.

Second, and this is just a point. Evolution does not dictate that we came from monkeys. That is specifically darwinism, which has been since revised. Evolutionary theorists clame that monkeys and humans evolved from the same common ancestor.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I have an idea for the next mod avatar get together:
pics of human organs. I'd look forward to see who gets the pic of a brain, who gets the heart, and who gets the colon

I would get the rectum. "Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed him!" *drum roll*

Always wanted to use that joke.

Actually, it would be against the T&Cs to show any blood and gore. Some of us were not meant to be doctors. I cringe at the medical channel.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join