It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I was responding to your post here: DanDanDat

I agree with your run-down of the situation, apart from this:

originally posted by: DanDanDat
A smaller subsection of the second group would like the first group to respect their position and the darker historical context of the flag and remove it from all areas.

Of course there exists a group of people who want it removed from all areas, but that kind of censorship would cause wide resistance, I'm not really worried about them. Most of the controversy has been about flags and statues in places that are not only public, but culturally significant, like campuses, courthouses and major parks. Cities and universities decide what kind of symbols they want to endorse, i.e. pay to have displayed. I don't mind if they remove a confederate statue, I'll leave that decision to the people who live or study there. Of course all kinds of groups are arguing their opinions now, and try to get their way, so we have this hullabaloo.

originally posted by: DanDanDat
No one today is using "Columbus" as a source of hate. And the number of people using the confederate flag as a source of hate is statistically insignificant per the population of the US. There for the currant atmosphere is not at all analogous to "Democrats keeping confederate symbols around in their offices".

I'm not sure what you mean by using Columbus as a source of hate? Sounds like it'd be very unpleasant for Columbus. But my point was exactly that the current situation is not analogous to "Democrats keeping confederate symbols around in their offices". I said IF that was the case, then you'd be right about Democrats needing to clean their own house before they voice themselves about those statues.

Which symbols do you think Democrats could have removed, to be less hypocritical?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Is the Black Panthers a lefist organization? Just wondering what your take was on it

Start a thread on it and maybe people will debate it. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to deflect from the OP's points.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"KKK photo of teammates shocks black quarterback"

quote:

www.msn.com...
edit on 10-9-2017 by Erno86 because: link work

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GeisterFahrer

They were so "Leftist" that they were against social equality, against immigration, against homosexuality, against communism, against interracial marriage, against Jews, and against racial integration? Those don't sound like left wing views at all.

And since they were started by & manned by former confederate soldiers, does that mean that the confederacy was also "leftist"? After all, one reason they wore the sheets was literally to symbolize that they were the "ghosts of the confederacy". Does this mean that the right wingers who wave the confederate battle flag are actually promoting & proudly displaying their allegiance the left? Or nah?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
My above posted link is working now.

It shows a persuasive, malicious, spiteful link into a world that is being provoked with this KKK vile hatred and racist propaganda!!
edit on 10-9-2017 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 10-9-2017 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
KKK was a bunch of southern democrats...get over it

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

One seems to be the ARCHDEVILS of secrecy and money ,so much so they are endangering the planet ,the other is more myopic JUST going for all the local cash they can grab using politics as a cover for it.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Gryphon66

Others do and have.

And that is why I'm participating in this excellent thread.
Stars and flags for the OP.

Right, and the example that you responded to (although your post was quite informative and thank you for it) was hyperbole, yet, actually makes more sense than the ridiculous line that "Democrats started the KKK."

The latter is the kind of absurdist logic that has a bare fingernail hold in reality (the founders of the KKK might have been members of the Democrats indeed, but the Democrats (as a party) didn't found the KKK, etc.) that absolutely thrills a certain species of hyper-partisan poster here.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: onthedownlow
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Is the Black Panthers a lefist organization? Just wondering what your take was on it

Start a thread on it and maybe people will debate it. Otherwise it just looks like you're trying to deflect from the OP's points.

There is a thread right here debating the qualifiers of a right versus left. I am interested in the OP's opinion in relation to the qualifiers. Talk about deflection... you people postulate on all topics, and then you shout deflection the moment someone wants a substanative debate

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't get what the argument is about. The same party that embraced the slave south and Jim Crow laws, also accepted Civil Rights. A democrat was involved in drafting and passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. That's when the Klan turned on the democrats and voted Republican Goldwater. The deep south were the only states that voted conservative Goldwater.
The argument is that the KKK are leftists because they started in the 1860's when the south voted democrats.? Well ok. Maybe next election they and their Christian friends will vote democrats.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMZA

... and now they're a bunch of Trump-loving SOUTHERN Republicans.

/shrug

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

/shrug

m.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

/shrug

m.youtube.com...

My goodness a link to Hillary talking about Robert Byrd.

How original.

Here's a nice cartoon that seems to approximate your argument ...

Clip from "Herr Meets Hare (1945)"

Perhaps you can explain to us that Bugs Bunny was really a Nazi.
edit on 10-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

(the founders of the KKK might have been members of the Democrats indeed, but the Democrats (as a party) didn't found the KKK, etc.)

The KKK also was/is Protestant aka not Catholic.

Imagine the Democratic Irish Catholic New York Tammany Hall crowd rallying with the Democratic KKK!

Bloody Hell!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

(the founders of the KKK might have been members of the Democrats indeed, but the Democrats (as a party) didn't found the KKK, etc.)

The KKK also was/is Protestant aka not Catholic.

Imagine the Democratic Irish Catholic New York Tammany Hall crowd rallying with the Democratic KKK!

Bloody Hell!

Indeed.

Simple minds like simple answers, I guess. Really enjoyed your posts.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

/shrug

m.youtube.com...

My goodness a link to Hillary talking about Robert Byrd.

How original.

Here's a nice cartoon that seems to approximate your argument ...

Clip from "Herr Meets Hare (1945)"

Well yeah, I mean if bugs bunny was not a fictional character. Show me anything where trump is calling a leader of the KKK his mentor.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMZA

I'll do you one better ...

Start at 0:30 ...

Here's a little transcript:

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump. Because he said he’s going to take our country back. That’s what we gotta do.”

Oh, and while I'm sure you know, the guy's name is David Duke ...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'll do you one better ...

Start at 0:30 ...

Here's a little transcript:

“This represents a turning point for the people of this country. We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump. Because he said he’s going to take our country back. That’s what we gotta do.”

Oh, and while I'm sure you know, the guy's name is David Duke ...

You did it backwards

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You did it backwards

Nah. I showed you that David Duke an actual KKK Grand Wizard and White Supremacist is on record a few weeks ago endorsing Donald Trump and the Republican Party.

You, on the other hand, are making the same ridiculous argument made multiple times here that Robert Byrd was still a racist and KKK member when Clinton knew him in the US Senate.

Mine is an example of a real argument with evidence, yours is ... well, not.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

For your further information ... here's the facts on Robert Byrd's history:

However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.

Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made." In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions." Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

Robert Byrd - Wikipedia

... and here's what the NAACP said upon Byrd's death

The NAACP is saddened by the passing of United States Senator Robert Byrd. Byrd, the longest serving member of congress was first elected to the U.S. House from in 1952 and was elected Senator in 1958. Byrd passed away this morning at the age of 92.

"Senator Byrd reflects the transformative power of this nation," stated NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Todd Jealous. "Senator Byrd went from being an active member of the KKK to a being a stalwart supporter of the Civil Rights Act, the Voting Rights Act and many other pieces of seminal legislation that advanced the civil rights and liberties of our country.

"Senator Byrd came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda, doing well on the NAACP Annual Civil Rights Report Card. He stood with us on many issues of crucial importance to our members from the reauthorization of the Voting Rights Act, the historic health care legislation of 2010 and his support for the Hate Crimes Prevention legislation," stated Hilary O. Shelton, Director of the NAACP Washington Bureau and Senior Vice President for Advocacy and Policy. "Senator Byrd was a master of the Senate Rules, and helped strategize passage of legislation that helped millions of Americans. He will be sorely missed."

NAACP.org

Now, you can either find a legitimate argument or look like a fool.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join