It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'll let Southern Guardian deal with the majority of your screed, as you directed that to them, but I have to ask, how exactly does "ANTIFA" express a "racist" philosophy?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

A KKK member will vote the democrat ticket. Like Bernie the Jew or Hillary the Obama part 2?

LOL.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Attacked you via your reading ability? How? Maybe you need to reread the post.

a reply to: DanDanDat

No one has asked for the removal of Charlottesville, they only removed the statue. If the Democrats kept confederate symbols around in their offices, then you might have a case for hypocrisy, but they still wouldn't be on official, public display like the statue was.

I'm not quite understanding your point.

The arguments are:

That the confederate flag (and statues) is currently a symble of southern heritage and pride. This is how many good people see the flag and why they use it. On the other hand the flag also has a historical tie to slavery; which is leading to another group of good people to feel offended when they see it displayed. A smaller subsection of the second group would like the first group to respect their position and the darker historical context of the flag and remove it from all areas.

The same can be said for the statue and celebrations for Christopher Columbas. The majority of Italian immigrant community see them as symbols of their shared heritage. Groups of native people from the Americas have more mixed opinion about Columbas and a smaller subsection of that group would like the first group to respect their position and the darker aspects of Columbass actions and remove Columbas from all areas.

No one today is using "Columbus" as a source of hate. And the number of people using the confederate flag as a source of hate is statistically insignificant per the population of the US. There for the currant atmosphere is not at all analogous to "Democrats keeping confederate symbols around in their offices".

The analogy is that just like those who celebrate the confedert flag or Columbas for ligitmate reasons must accept and understand the dark historical aspects of those symbols and agree to remove them; so to do those who belong to the Democratic party for legitimate reasons must accept and understand its dark historical aspects and agree to remove it.

Yes I realize abolishing the Democratic party because of its of its darker history is not a ligitmate arguement, because today's Democratic party is no longer tide to its darker history.

But the same can whole heartedly be said for the celebration of Columbus by the Italian imigrent community.

And to a lesser degree the same can be said for the confederate flag and statues.

But if one must be removed because of the offensive historical aspects, then all must be removed. Anything less is hypocrisy.

And that is why you will keep hearing arguments in how the KKK started off as part of the Democratic party. The more intelligent people who point this out arnt trying to say that today's Democrat is akin to the KKK; they are pointing out the hypocrisy from with in the Democratic party to remove other groups symbols while they are giving a big pass to themselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

ANTIFA is facist, so my dislike for them is more along those lines, sorry if I didn't clarify that. BAMN, is the same.
A group would would use violence to force their will onto others. And silence others opinions. But thanks for asking.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

ANTIFA is facist, so my dislike for them is more along those lines, sorry if I didn't clarify that. BAMN, is the same.
A group would would use violence to force their will onto others. And silence others opinions. But thanks for asking.

Oh, you're welcome. I know you were in the midst of your screed, and I thought you just got carried away with false equivalence.

Thanks for your response!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Any organization that fights the transfer of power/rights from a traditional group to a non-traditional group is, by definition, conservative, no matter what political party they support.

The dems indeed do not seem to realize this...they went for Hillary over Bernie.....and the media cheered them on..made it happen.

Just like now with all the hysterics against Trump who wants power to the people.....a non traditional group.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What you are saying is true...but what's your point? Is this supposed to be a smear against conservatives? Just because there are conservative extremists doesnt mean all conservatives are extremists, unless you consider all conservative ideology to be flat out extremism by its very nature. That's like saying all progressives are antifa communists, which isnt true. You wont see any conservatives among the ranks of antifa, who are a violent mostly communist organization, but I've seen conservatives AND progressives display ignorance and racism in varying groups and towards different races. Racism is not particular to either ideology, as shown by so called "progressive" groups, such as black lives matter, telling black people to go out and assault white people because of their skin color, for example. Thats no different than the conservative kkk telling white people to assault blacks.
edit on 10-9-2017 by mescalinity because: Typo

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: xuenchen

Yeah, those Democrats back then were sooo for small government.

So much in fact they started their own government called the Confederacy.

So if Democrats want to remove statues of Democrats why should anybody mind?

Because they are doing it all pretending the statues were are of Republicans.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Is the Black Panthers a lefist organization? Just wondering what your take was on it

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

IF the confederacy STILL existed ,YOU'D have a leg to stand on logically.
SINCE the vets JOINED the Democrats and it was used to control,THAT is the origin.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So, I'm sure no one will mind if from now on we say that the Klan is a Christian organization, eh? That all Christians, no matter who they are, where they are, what they believe, are somehow responsible for the KKK? I mean, let's get real, eh?

It's a bit more complicated than that. KKK is distinctly American. The KKK sticks with what is called Supersessionism.

also called replacement theology or fulfillment theology, is a Christian doctrine which has parallels in Islam.

In Christianity, supersessionism is a theological view on the current status of the church in relation to the Jewish people and Judaism. It holds that the Christian Church has succeeded the Israelites as the definitive people of God or that the New Covenant has replaced or superseded the Mosaic covenant. From a supersessionist's "point of view, just by continuing to exist [ outside the Church ], the Jews dissent". This view directly contrasts with dual-covenant theology which holds that the Mosaic covenant remains valid for Jews.

Supersessionism has formed a core tenet of the Church for the majority of its existence. Subsequent to and because of the Holocaust, some mainstream Christian theologians and denominations have rejected supersessionism

All KKK are Supersessionist Christians, but not all Supersessionist Christians are KKK. Supersessionists do not think that Jews are somehow better than non-Jews. Dual Covenant Christians do consider Jews to be special and also support Zionism (the idea that Jews should have an ethno state in Israel).

KKK don't like Jews, and would like them gone. Zionist Christians would like them gone too, to Israel. Common goals often lead to uneasy alliances. KKK would have the added benefit that with the Jews gone, they would be able to set up a White(non-Jewish) ethno state in the U.S. without Jewish interference.

But not all White Nationalists are KKK. There are Pagan (usually Nordic or Teutonic) groups and there are Atheist groups. For the Atheists, their European Whiteness and the preservation thereof is the totality of their religion.

edit on 10-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Not all Christians are KKK?

Awesome.

Neither were/are the Democrats.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Excellent!

Not that I ever argued such a thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Excellent!

Not that I ever argued such a thing.

Others do and have.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That was a lot of work for about 6000 people who basically failed in life and want to blame others for their failure. The KKK Nazi type groups have long gone the way of either being seen as clowns or gang related. Today we have 300 come from all over the country to do their stupid march, something they always have done, but no one cared before. Because of this today 1000s/10,000s get triggered...is the tail wagging the dog here?

They love it since it gives them credibility and news time.

Extremest groups are not affiliated with any party no matter what they might say. It's like saying the Blood and the Crips are liberals....
edit on 10-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Because they are doing it all pretending the statues were are of Republicans.

"I was being ironic", as the alt-right says when challenged for what they say.

The White Nationalists use the statues as rallying points. The residents of some towns and cities would rather not have such rallying points in their communities.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Others do and have.

And that is why I'm participating in this excellent thread.
Stars and flags for the OP.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

They FLIPPED when the winds changed in the 50s and 60s there aren't many Dem s who are into white skin specifically as a purpose in life.
The BLACK or BROWN skins however =VOTES ,so long as they are below the poverty line and kept manipulated correctly that is...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The OP is a history revisionist liar. The KKK was a leftist organization founded by the DNC.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Either way...the KKK is a fascist white supremacist organization, that is currently being maliciously morphed into what we have today.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join