It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They started their own government called the confederacy in the 1870s?

I know historical accuracy isn't really your thing. Hell, accuracy in general isn't your thing. But that's a new level of revision.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Gothmog

Maybe you should read the title again. Learn not to jump the gun next time.

Maybe you should learn somewhat of the time period and then read your own thread.
Instead of speaking stuff you found on the internet.

edit on 9/9/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Attacked you via your reading ability? How? Maybe you need to reread the post.

a reply to: DanDanDat

No one has asked for the removal of Charlottesville, they only removed the statue. If the Democrats kept confederate symbols around in their offices, then you might have a case for hypocrisy, but they still wouldn't be on official, public display like the statue was.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What should he do if reading source material isn't allowed???

Are you suggesting he time travel back to the civil war era and hang out for a bit until things become clear???

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I recently suggested this as a solution to the apparent conundrum confusing so many:

Pre 1970: Southerners are mostly Democrats

Post 1970: Southerners are mostly Republicans

So, if we say that Southerners created the Confederacy and Southerners created the KKK and Southerners opposed the various Civil Rights Acts ... we come much closer to speaking the truth.

Like it or not, there is a significant regional component to these issues.

edit on 9-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Excellently researched post and discussion thread.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Yes. But I said democrats of the 1870s.

Lincoln was assassinated in 1865. So how do you suppose the democrats I'm referring to, being the ones that started the Klan, seceded in the 1870s over the election of a guy who died in the previous decade?

Poor xue. Doesn't know how to handle somebody who acknowledges that the party that started the Klan also favored small government in the 1870s, among other conservative values, and were called democrats.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Yes. But I said democrats of the 1870s.

I didn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Great basic facts for anyone who wants to understand the Democratic Party's history:

Democratic Party (US) - Wikipedia

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yeah, those Democrats back then were sooo for small government.

So much in fact they started their own government called the Confederacy.

So if Democrats want to remove statues of Democrats why should anybody mind?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

Ha! You know that song is about a conservative Republican member of the band stealing the lead singer's girlfriend? Therefore kkk = conservative Republican in that song. Didn't realize that? Neither did Johnny.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The reason leftists want to remove all of these statues and monuments is a lame attempt by democrats to erase their despicable racist past and heritage. Democrats are the klan. Always have been. A reply to: Southern Guardian

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DonInHtown

That's a pretty lame theory since taking down statues doesn't erase history.

The statues were erected by Racists to celebrate Racists and have been an object of objection for years actually.

Now they're being hailed as great monuments by other Racists who want to keep celebrating them as if these men were hero's of humanity. Which most were far from that.

Personally, I think all the statue lovers need to stop worshiping idols all together. But if you must worship them, then purchase them from those who are removing them and put them in a grand museum where you can all go and worship these great works of art.

But stop trying to tell other people what they can do with their own property. The towns where these were put up have every right to also take them down. If you don't live there then who cares if you like the idea or not. It's their property and it's their statue to do what they want with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I can assure anyone who will listen that the Klan was made up of yellow dog democrats for the vast majority of its existence. Bring a transplanted Yankee I was shocked by the whole thing when I first heard about it in 1971. I was in Dallas (where the Klan was laughed at as the idiot rednecks they are) and the democratic party was supporting a handful of East Texas reprobates (and former klansmen) for state offices.

Despicable...

The Republicans were running around trying to get rich off of successful business people in order to raise money.

BOTH teams are a joke to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
There have actually been three different iterations of the KKK.

Each time, I'm fairly certain that the White men who founded the different stages were also Christians as well as Democrats ...

So, I'm sure no one will mind if from now on we say that the Klan is a Christian organization, eh? That all Christians, no matter who they are, where they are, what they believe, are somehow responsible for the KKK? I mean, let's get real, eh?

The symbol of the Klan is a cross. They use crosses in their ceremonies. Right? Makes a hell of a lot more sense than saying that the Democratic Party founded the KKK.

Christians founded the Confederacy as well, and Christians fought for Segregation and against the Civil Rights Acts.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Christians started WWII, sent Jews to concentration camps, etc. etc.

I'm sure no one will mind if we simply acknowledge the long-standing truth about Christians ... Right?
edit on 10-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The KKK is garbage no matter who you try to pin it on. They do not care about the constitution, the law, and simple biology. Anyone who flouts those are on the same page.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Perhaps if some of you actually understood the history of the Klan, you'd understand the absurdity of these arguments;

Here, let's make it easy for you:

Ku Klux Klan (Wikipedia)

I'll even print the first paragraph for you:

The Ku Klux Klan commonly called the KKK or simply the Klan, is the name of three distinct movements in the United States that have advocated extremist reactionary positions such as white supremacy, white nationalism, anti-immigration and—especially in later iterations—Nordicism, anti-Catholicism and antisemitism. Historically, the KKK used terrorism—both physical assault and murder—against groups or individuals whom they opposed. All three movements have called for the "purification" of American society and all are considered right-wing extremist organizations.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Why thankyou Gryphon. I'm a fan of your posts too. Keep it up.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Another liberal in denial,change history to conform to your version?,what proof have you,other then an opinion you formed,liberals need to take responsibility for once,why your so easily swayed

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join