It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Gryphon66

White Christian men also led the abolitionists movement, were instrumental in sufferage an civil rights and every other beneficial act in history..

Coalitions win and change things.. without just a 100% military over throw. It requires a chunk of the establishment to agree and want change.

"Every other beneficial act in history" seems a bit generous and vague. Do you have a point?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think it steals the credit/blame away from the people who really deserve it and provides the BS logical fallacies that support revisionist history..

Which is perfectly illustrated by the "the left started the kkk" narrative. When the republicans were the left wing party at the time..

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

LOL ... we could go back to the OP and actually argue what "left" and "right" mean in America ... as the terms don't really come into play in American politics until the 20th century.

That's always a fun revisionist argument, speaking of that.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

fair enough.. but I think you get the point..

I kinda wonder if that doesn't add to the separation..

People pretending like second class citizens reach equality by winning against their evil oppressors..

Rather than a coalition of those in power and the group being beaten on uniting against the establishment..

If every man was against sufferage , it never happens..

If every white person was against civil rights it never happens..

There are even countless examples of the those most vehemently against slavery (or whatever) being whites..

We are just too individual..

No enslaved culture ever freed its self, not to my knowledge. The entire system is geared to stop that from happening.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

All respect, if I saw a point that you're making, I wouldn't have asked.

You're making general statements that I don't disagree with per se.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: 3daysgone

I think this statement nullifies your argument in the very title of the OP.

Me thinks you should read the title again my friend. Thank goodness you didn't post this on the same page like a certain somebody. You don't want egg on your face I tell ya. Not a good feeling.

I took your advice and read the title to the OP again. I still think it nullifies it.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Can you expand your thought? How so?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

by today's standards, everyone in the 1800's was a flaming racist.
But back then, it was just how things were. Kind of like before the Civil Rights movement, everyone (except the black people ) were fine with separate drinking fountains and bathrooms. Segregation was the norm. But things changed, people evolved, and the masses started to think in a more inclusive way.

But for the life of me, I really don't understand what it is I'm supposed to do or feel about those who did bad stuff before. I'm here now, and I try not to do bad stuff and try not to treat others poorly regardless of how much pigment their skin tone reveals.

But as I have said, history is hard to change. (but not impossible is you really, really try)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Usually I think conservatism is defined by a desire to conserve the past..

While the progressive side seeks change in a whole new direction..

The civil war republicans wanted to continue the changes to society the Industrial Age brought..

The democrats wanted to conserve their old way of life.

The communists in Nazi Germany wanted to change the system in a new way.. thus they are the progressives or left.

The nazis wanted a return to their ancient aryan glory.. (that didn't actually exist lol.. but still)

The

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I'm saying they sell the narrative like oppressed people saved themselves.. which is never true. From any race or oppressed people..

What "frees " oppressed people are coalitions from both sides who actually address the issue.

But for fear of making it look like "the white man saved them" , (which isn't true either). We forget the names of the people within the establishment who often fought harder than anyone to fix them..

And in doing so I think we forget it was the coalition that was the keystone.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
In your own statements, you claim the founder was a conservative Democrat. I said the same thing you did, I simply put bold on a different word.

It was started by the left, as you yourself admitted. The difference is how the democratic platform changed over the years, and in my opinion, can be summed up quite simply: Power.

The party began to change after/around the 1960's, during the civil rights movement. Now with all of the voter fraud and pandering to demographic voter bases, it's pretty safe to say that there was a huge voter base that was newly available to be swayed: the black vote (as they attained the right in 1965). Right around the time the party began to change their ideals, and appeal to the disenfranchised and unrepresented voter base, giving them tons of newly found support to push whatever they wanted.

It's not that hard to realize, it's one of those "conspiracies in plain sight".

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I usually say conservatives maintain the traditional power structures ...

To me, it's all about authoritarianism versus individualism.

Every government of any kind, any party, any level ... is authoritarian.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Oppressed people don't ever free themselves from oppression unless they work to do so.

It is always a matter of a people standing up. Yes, they have to find allies.

There are always more than two "sides' in reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It is expanded in my first post.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It is expanded in my first post.

Fair enough, thanks.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

No amount of work will free you from oppression if the oppressors remain united...

What if, and I'm just spitballing here...

But what if the fact whites catch all the blame and none of the credit that has led to the totally wrong pushback???

Could The fact that there really are no white Christian male heroes of civil rights , sufferage and abolition have robbed some people from having them as their heros??

edit on 11-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Maybe collectivism vs individualism...

Both sides are authoritarian.. you gotta be..

Without a government your stuff doesn't belong to you, it belongs to your local warlord.

The argument as I see it is should we make legislation that is in the collective good, or for the individual good.

More than that though I think people are being duped...

Conservatives have created this conspiracy fantasy world where everyone who isn't a hard right conservative is the left and is involved in a vast conspiracy against them..

Where they use propaganda as proof they are being persecuted because of some random isolated incidentZ

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's important however to understand that the Democratic party of the past and the Democratic party of today differs significantly

I am rolling on the floor laughing hysterically at that comment.

Talk bout delusions.

The KKK WAS started by the LEFT, JUST LIKE the LEFT started the copperheads.

OWN Your history DEMOCRATS.

OWN IT.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It's important however to understand that the Democratic party of the past and the Democratic party of today differs significantly

I am rolling on the floor laughing hysterically at that comment.

Talk bout delusions.

The KKK WAS started by the LEFT, JUST LIKE the LEFT started the copperheads.

OWN Your history DEMOCRATS.

OWN IT.

I completely agree, Neo. The "Left" cannot deny history and need to own what was done in their name.

At the same time, the Right needs to own their present reality that the KKK and white supremacists of today now march and speak in their name.

Own it...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

We didn't CEATE a systemic support for them when I was a Republican, so the simple answer is HELL no we don't accept them.
They are the HOODS that show up uninvited to the party ,because their EGOS are wrapped in something so PATHETIC as their SKIN, because their TINY empty little voices have ONLY the stinking BREATH we gave them...like YOU do now,until RECENTLY they were almost forgotten.
More payout from P.C. Marxism

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join