It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I've often said that Jefferson was a leftist. Boy, that really triggers the snowflakes.

LOL.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The great irony here is that the folks here crying about denying history ... are the ones denying history.

The poster I was replying to even had that in his link. All I did was quote it back to him.

Indeed. I'm always amazed that people feel that anyone who can put a Youtube vid together are somehow, automatically a reliable source.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Northern Americans fought against civil rights as well.. until civil rights in the 1950s..

Look at any quote from TPTB of the time..

They all specifically say that they have no desire to equalize the races.. and that the white race is superior..

The thought that the north fought to end slavery is just as big a lie as people who say the south didn't rebel over the fear of losing slavery..

I'm not disagreeing about the white supremacists changing parties, nor that all the white supremacists are republicans..

But in civil war era America EVERYONE was white supremacists.. on both sides..

(With a the very small disclaimer of john brown..)

That shift came way later.

The civil war didn't become about slavery for the north until the abolitionists used the USCT (united states colored troops) as a rallying cry...

"Are we really gonna send these brave soldiers who fought for America and their families back into bondage???"

Is hard logic to argue with.. that with a big desire to punish the south for all the life lost in the rebellion ended slavery..

Not lincoin.. not the republicans.. not the norther democrats ..not the federal government.

Imho the "the civil war was over states rights not slavery" BS was a direct reaction to the northern propaganda that "they fought the war to free the slaves."

I kinda think the south figured if the north could use revisionist history, so could they.

Sometimes in the past EVERYONE sucked lol, and there are no good guys really.

edit on 11-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Indeed. I'm always amazed that people feel that anyone who can put a Youtube vid together are somehow, automatically a reliable source.

Personal confirmation bias.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Sounds like you should start a thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

why not narrow it down to just White men. It's a bit disingenuous to bring in Christian since back then, most identified as "Christian". Unless you are just trying to use that term to further hide the part of history discussed in the OP.

Disingenuous? You mean like suggesting that Democrats like Hillary Clinton are aligned with the KKK?

You seem to want to deny history. Most Americans today are also Christian, that hasn't changed. What has changed is that most White Christian men today are Republicans, just like most KKK, Nazis and White Supremacists are Republican.

It is a fact that the KKK was created by White Christian men. That's apparently the heritage and tradition so many are worried about.

Just the facts, right?

LOL, if you spent a bit less time pontificating your wonderfulness, you might learn some things have changed.
White Christians are now a minority.

And again, I didn't say or suggest that Hillary Clinton made the KKK or even likes them. For clarification, I said the same thing the OP said. That Democrats made the KKK. If that is not true, show me something official that states differently. You cannot, so we will just see more wild hand waving and perhaps some light tear shedding, but remember Jesus loves you.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

a reply to: kaylaluv

I've often said that Jefferson was a leftist. Boy, that really triggers the snowflakes.

LOL.

I'll bet it does!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The fact that back then, everyone basically thought the same is not something that helps these conversations. There must be a + and a - otherwise there is not dialog.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Oh spanky, relax. ANTIFA are just idiots. They are the Alt left and they fight the alt right, who are also just idiots.
I get that you really, really need to not have anyone realize that Democrats started the KKK, but unfortunately, they did.

And here is one just for you so you can lower that blood pressure a few ticks. Trump is orange and says dumb things.
Now, breath in, hold it, and let it out. Now, feel better?

Who's not relaxed? I agree with you! Many ANTIFA are idiots. All KKK, Nazis, White Supremacists are.

The actual "Alt Left" is not aligned with ANTIFA. You can find out more here: www.altleft.com

However, Richard Spencer's Alt Right most certainly are allied with White Supremacists, Nazis, KKK etc. You can find out more here. www.altright.com

I've stated that the men who founded the KKK were White, Christians ... and I've given many references which prove that the Democrats of the 19th century hold many of the same political positions as the Republicans of the 21st.

You seem obsessed with me rather than the topic. Chill.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

it's not you, it's me. let's just go our separate ways, you can keep the piano and the pepper plants.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

why not narrow it down to just White men. It's a bit disingenuous to bring in Christian since back then, most identified as "Christian". Unless you are just trying to use that term to further hide the part of history discussed in the OP.

Disingenuous? You mean like suggesting that Democrats like Hillary Clinton are aligned with the KKK?

You seem to want to deny history. Most Americans today are also Christian, that hasn't changed. What has changed is that most White Christian men today are Republicans, just like most KKK, Nazis and White Supremacists are Republican.

It is a fact that the KKK was created by White Christian men. That's apparently the heritage and tradition so many are worried about.

Just the facts, right?

LOL, if you spent a bit less time pontificating your wonderfulness, you might learn some things have changed.
White Christians are now a minority.

And again, I didn't say or suggest that Hillary Clinton made the KKK or even likes them. For clarification, I said the same thing the OP said. That Democrats made the KKK. If that is not true, show me something official that states differently. You cannot, so we will just see more wild hand waving and perhaps some light tear shedding, but remember Jesus loves you.

I know you take anything stated on Fox News as holy writ ... but you're going to go with one poll as proving something?

Wow.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

it's not you, it's me. let's just go our separate ways, you can keep the piano and the pepper plants.

Taa taa.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

But was he ahead of the American people on those things?? Or was he following suit??

Did your average American think it was ok to discriminate against gays??

I don't think you get any real credit unless you go first.. when your policy is unpopular at the time, but turns out to be the correct call.

Hillary and obama were against it... then they were for it.. imho after the swap.

PS : on a side note. I do not agree with the concept of a hate crime at all...

It is garbage..

If you do something cold blooded (unprovoced) , the worst case scenerio punishment is specifically geared for that.

It is an unmeasurable variable in a process we're only the measurable should count..

If I murder and torture you for your ATM number. It is not better or worse than if I torture and murder you for your sexual orientation.. or religion or whatever else..

It is meant to make examples of people, which is inherently cruel and unusual.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If anyone would actually like to research the "Party Platforms" back to 1840, here's a link that contains many of them for the major parties:

The American Presidency Project

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Briefly, you seem to be saying that Obama and Clinton are politicians and you doubt their motivations. Fair enough.

I'm saying that the fact of their positions as public figures on LGBT rights benefited the cause overall.

Crime is crime. Hate crimes are also directed against our Civil Rights exacerbating the motive.

Motive is considered a component in the severity of crimes.

/shrug

As I said, it's an interesting set of issues.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I'm willing to hold liberals accountable for their muck ups.

You know what, I don't think you are.

Dorian Soran v2.4

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DorianSoran

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
I'm willing to hold liberals accountable for their muck ups.

You know what, I don't think you are.

Dorian Soran v2.4

Well, that makes one.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Who cares?

Conservatives are Nazis, liberals are Commies.

They all suck...get over it.

SO...

First they're "Democrats"....and when that doesn't stick.....

THEN it's the whole "who cares?"

Way to own and take responsibility ...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

It's all they've got. They know that the racist, White Supremacist faction of the population is now firmly in the Republican camp.

You see how upset they get when it's pointed out that White Christian men founded the KKK in the 1870s and White Christian Men make up a significant portion of the Republican party today.

I'm not sure why they like one fact and hate the other.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

White Christian men also led the abolitionists movement, were instrumental in sufferage an civil rights and every other beneficial act in history..

Coalitions win and change things.. without just a 100% military over throw. It requires a chunk of the establishment to agree and want change.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join