It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The BS stereo type the Fox News types like to push maybe..

Looks to me like an ad hominem attack which almost always means ..

"I do not have a valid counterpoint so instead I'm going to name call! Ain't I original and a deep thinker.."

Lol

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I didn't deny that fact. I agreed with you. Then I also agreed with the OP in that Democrats of the late 1800's are not the democrats of today.

See, I didn't think I'd have to go into all this, but with slow people, sometimes it's necessary. In the 1800's the thoughts on black people were much different than they are today. People actually thought that black folks were inferior due to their lack of education and ability to blend in with light skin pigment. (even though they had just been pulled from a jungle tribe)

Were as today, society have evolved enough to understand that we are all HUMANS and make up the differences that make this a great place to live. So while some (a very few) still cling to the age old thoughts of the 1800's, most don't. Even white male Christians who used to think otherwise. Wait, I wonder how many people of the 1800's identified as "white Christians"? I don't remember Luciferians having a big following back then.

While this discourse is fun, it's kind of like throwing a ball against the wall and catching it. I'm going to find something more productive to do. Enjoy and keep your eye on the ball.
edit on 11-9-2017 by network dude because: bad spler

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I noticed this right off the bat.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

LOL ... "slow people." You just keep adding to your credibility.

Like making silly statements implying that there are no White Supremacists around "today."

I'm not sure what you're so triggered about; you stated a fact, I stated a fact.

It seems important to you that the founders of the KKK were Democrats, and I just pointed out that they were White male Christians ... do you have a problem with the facts?

Do you have a problem with the fact that most members of the KKK and Nazi groups in the US today, you know, the ones that still clearly espouse White Supremacy, are Trump supporters and Republicans? Or is it because you're White, male and Christian and afraid someone is going to connect you with the wrong kind of people?
edit on 11-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Oh, I'd be the first to agree with you that many Americans just a few years ago were homophobic. The sodomy laws were not established nationwide as unconstitutional until 2003.

Thankfully, that's changing. Due in large part to the very public changes that figures like Obama and Hillary have made.

Seems the Republicans by and large are still stuck there in rampant homophobia, eh? How many Republican legislatures are still jumping through their own hoops to try to find a way to negate marriage equality? Wasn't it Mr. Trump that has reversed the rights of Trans students to use the appropriate bathroom facilities? Or serve their country in the military?

Isn't Mr. Trump's Justice Department arguing against the EEOC protections for LGBT folks under Title IX that Obama established?

Thank god for leaders like Obama and Clinton, eh? One can only hope that the Republicans catch up before they do too much harm.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

That's not fair..

That assumes the major motivation for ending slavery was civil rights, and it was not...

North and south, republicans and democrats all had basiclly the same opinion of the black community. The problem the north had with slavery was economic.

It stole jobs and was impossible for other buisnesses to compete with..

There were VERY few people with a modern view of race relations..even amongst abolitionists.

The only white American I know the name of is John Brown..and obviously living in that world with his belief in equality led to him orcastrating a terrorist attack.

It was the mid 1900s before half of Americans wanted equality for all.

edit on 11-9-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

lol that's a bold statement...

Obama and Hillary helped push the country tward gay rights?!?!

More like the country pulled them towards it..

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Like making silly statements implying that there are no White Supremacists around "today."

quote where I said that.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You bring up some very good points ... that don't really negate what I said in the post you replied to.

It was the Confederacy that made White Supremacy a cornerstone of its Constitution, not the United States.

It was a majority of people in the Southern states that fought against equal Civil Rights for Black Americans from the 1870s until well, arguably today, although I think that has diminished over time.

As far as who believed in equality for all? Well ... as I said, there were many people in the 19th and 20th centuries who thought that Blacks and other races were inferior.

The majority that held that belief as part of their politics, I believe it is safe to say, were Southerners.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

lol that's a bold statement...

Obama and Hillary helped push the country tward gay rights?!?!

More like the country pulled them towards it..

Well, until very recently, Americans were pretty divided on the idea of equal rights for LGBT. So, yeah, I think it's fair to say that the very public actions of President Obama and Hillary Clinton had an effect.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

quote where I said that.

Look up the meaning of the word "imply."

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

quote where I said that.

Look up the meaning of the word "imply."

LOL!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

LOL ... no one's running chief. Sorry you don't know what words mean.

So you agree with the fact that the founders of the KKK were White Christian men? And that the membership of the KKK, Nazis and other White Supremacist groups today are all White Christian men?

Glad you stopped trying to erase history.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

They didn't lead though. They followed....public opinion....votes.

I was for same-sex marriage long before they were.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well, "to lead" is or "to follow polls" is probably a matter of opinion, although I would agree, in general, that politicians whore themselves out to whatever they think will get them votes.

You've always been a great ally as far as I know, but as you know, then and now, our true allies are few.

I don't think having the first President of the United States to officially recognize LGBT issues at the national level is a bad thing. My opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

So you agree with the fact that the founders of the KKK were White Christian men? And that the membership of the KKK, Nazis and other White Supremacist groups today are all White Christian men?

yes, and the White Christian men who started the KKK were DEMOCRATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Yes, and the White Christian men who are in the KKK today are REPUBLICANS.

See! You're catching on!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I am an ally. And that is, in part, why I resent the terrorizing of black Americans, LGBT groups, Muslims...and I see much of it coming from Democrats.

While I was in Canada, I spent a lot of time with my cousin who recently came out as transgender. She's having a difficult time with her family and coping with harassment in public. Don't misunderstand when I say she is having issues with her family...they support her. It's mainly stuff like her sister who "wanted to be the only girl in the family." And her brother who is upset she didn't come out directly to him and now they aren't speaking. The public harassment is another story though and I was disgusted by what she was telling me.

So, I have been asking her to come stay at my house for a while to get away. She won't because she is afraid there are neo-nazis everywhere, gun stores on every corner, and that she will face worse harassment, here, in the US. I don't think she would and I think she has a grossly exaggerated view of our social climate.

I resent that my favorite cousin won't come visit because it has been drilled into her head that Americans hate transgendered people so much, it would be dangerous for her to come and visit. Not in my city and I live in the southeast.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

yea, even though I have been saying that all along, you can take credit for it. It seems you need the ego enhancement much more than I do.

You are so wonderful.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yes, and the White Christian men who are in the KKK today are REPUBLICANS.

See! You're catching on!

Oh and to just clarify something, the White Christian men who started the KKK are not today's republicans, they are dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join