It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I think this statement nullifies your argument in the very title of the OP.

Me thinks you should read the title again my friend. Thank goodness you didn't post this on the same page like a certain somebody. You don't want egg on your face I tell ya. Not a good feeling.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Liberals’ ‘supreme’ smugness Since labels are everything, a friend offers a new one: liberal supremacists. It fits those who demand safe spaces and want to erase history. They’re the ones whose argument starts and ends with “shut up.”

link to source

It just fits.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

NYPost, classy.

Tell us here Network Dude. List the liberal/progressive policies the KKK supports. Don't hide behind your rightwing sources. Lay it on us here.

Are they pro-gay marriage? I had no idea.

What, they are pro-choice?

Come on now.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

how about you read my post and instead of a generic "I'm arrogant and more correct", you address that.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Here, I'll repost: No, the KKK has never ever been a leftist organization. Stop this lie

Neither has the Democratic Party, IMO. Not then, not today.

ETA: I don't see what your "KKK has never been leftist" argument matters, to be honest.

95% of voters vote Democrat and Republican. So, less than 5% of voters are true leftists who would never support the Democratic party.

edit on 9/11/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

You think sleeping with your secretary and being in the kkk are on the same level?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

"To open birth control clinics"

Sounds like she didn't want more black babies running around.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Man, it's times like this when we should just be able to post the current party platforms for various KKK & neo-Nazi groups. (glances at the resident mods) That would settle the debate once and for all, don't you think? (glances again in the mods' general vicinity) Too bad it's against the T&C for us to do it, since it would finally clarify what those groups actually stand for in their own words. (looks around the room, then "accidentally" glances back at the mods one more time) Oh well, I guess we'll just have to keep speculating, guessing, and pretending that the answers aren't easily accessible to everyone w/an internet connection.

Maybe the RATS forum should temporarily be allowed to show it, just to end the debate once and for all?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: fatkid

Is there ANYTHING that suggests abortion targets black babies, or are you just being a ridiculous troll..

Wait don't answer that, it's obvious to anyone reading that...

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: Willtell

"To open birth control clinics"

Sounds like she didn't want more black babies running around.

She worked to open birth control clinics in poor neighborhoods. Did you you know her first clinic was opened in a Jewish/Italian neighborhood? The first day that clinic opened, there were over a hundred women lined up before the doors even opened. She knew that poor women were desperate for birth control so they could stop having children they couldn't afford. And that's a bad thing because....?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

You just quoted a tabloid because it said something ridiculous you wanted to repeat.

So now, if you want to regain a shred of dignity in the discussion, why not cite something real?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The flyer for Sanger's first clinic:

Source
edit on 11-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

(For those that may not know, the other two languages are Italian and Hebrew, and say the same thing as the English at the top of the flyer)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You just quoted a tabloid because it said something ridiculous you wanted to repeat.

So now, if you want to regain a shred of dignity in the discussion, why not cite something real?

LOL, well, my dignity may indeed take a hit from you, but what I quoted was an opinion, which seemed and still does fit with the way I see THE LEFT acting. I'll take my chances out in the big bad world. Now, my original post reply, which you already responded to is here and later I clarified that ANTIFA and BAMN are facist, since my post inferred otherwise.

The OP is concerned with dispelling a fact. It is a fact that Democrats concocted the KKK. Regardless of what changed over time, that is a historical fact. And then it was insinuated that since the KKK now espouses right wing rhetoric, that the right wing must love them, we don't, as least the "ME" part of we don't.

So just as most candidates who receive David Dukes endorsement, aren't David Duke fans, you can't attribute what the crazies do with an entire group. Otherwise, we would have all the democrats put in jail due to their violent nature as ANTIFA. (we don't do that because some of us understand that not all of the left is violent, anti-free speech assholes)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It wouldn't settle anything for these people if we had the original founders of the KKK here stating the truth.

They think they have found an answer to the issue that plagues them, that they can erase all the negative, discriminatory crap the Republican party post 1970 has done, said and tried to enact, that have targeted women, Blacks, Hispanics, LGBT with the intention of returning them to second or third class citizen status by suggesting that the Democratic party is the real villain here.

It's a delusion from a failing demographic.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

His op said "worked with black leaders"

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

You're the one that quoted a tabloid; you're the one that doesn't care about the truth. Like others here, when called on your crap, you retreat to "but it's just my opinion."

If my concern about the truth were as gutter-level as yours, I could say this without batting an eye:

Everyone knows that the KKK was founded by White Christian men, as was the Confederacy.

These same White Christian men opposed Civil Rights for Black Americans for over a hundred years, and still do today, regardless of political party.

Can't argue with those facts, can you?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I didnt say it was good or bad, just that his post sounded a certain way.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

well, if it's a fact, it's not up for debate, now it is? But since not all White Christian men are KKK type racists, it appears not to be a fact today. If you read the OP, even he clearly states that the Democrats of the time created the KKK. I suppose with how you all are trying like hell to erase history, soon enough that fact will be forgotten, but for now, it's still "in the google". We also understand that the parties have changed, and some of the left's ideals are now the rights. So for today's discussion, you are correct in that Democrats of today are not the same ones who enacted the KKK. But the Democrats of that time did.

Is any of that wrong?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It was a fact in 1865. The founders of the KKK were White Christian men.

White Christian men still make up the KKK and other White Supremacist groups.

Why are you trying to deny the facts? Why are you trying to erase history?

True in 1865, true today ... unlike the claim that Democrats are KKK in 2017.

(Care to be shown that KKK and Nazis are Trump supporters and Republicans in 2017?)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

As far as LGBT rights go, Democrats (party leaders) don't have a great track record even recently. Hillary wasn't pro-same-sex marriage until 2013 and Obama wasn't until 2012. Obama and Biden won, in 2008, on a platform that was opposed to equal marriage rights for same-sex couples.

In fact, Hillary's & Obama's position on same-sex marriage happened to shift as public opinion shifted:

Clinton came out in support of same-sex marriage in 2013 after more than a decade of opposing it. But her views are particularly in the spotlight now that she is a presidential candidate.

We decided to put Clinton’s statements about same-sex marriage on our Flip-O-Meter, which measures whether a candidate has changed their views without making a value judgment about such flips. We found that as public opinion shifted toward support for same-sex marriage, so did Clinton.

She has had plenty of company among members of her own party to change their stance on same-sex marriage. In 2012, we gave Obama a Full Flop when he announced his support for same-sex marriage.

Link

Furthermore, the Democratic party didn't include support for same-sex marriage in the party platform until 2012.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth when flip-flopping on equal rights issues coincides with what might bring a politician more votes. Does it convince me they and the party actually value equality, now? No. It makes me think they dog-whistled to the homophobes, in 2008, and exploited the issue to pander for votes, in 2012 and 2016.

When Gwen Ifill asked Biden and Palin about their positions on same-sex marriage, during the 2008 Vice Presidential debate, that was a priceless and revealing moment. After Biden gave his answer that he did not support same-sex marriage, Palin followed up with hers: "Your question to him was whether he supported gay marriage and my answer is the same as his and it is that I do not."

edit on 9/11/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join