It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Discovery Likens Trump Supporters to Racist Klingons

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Regarding the poster for the new star trek discovery:
Observe the single eye inside an upside down pyramid.
Illuminati nonsense, or pure coincidence?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When you think about it; well that's asking a bit much I know.

I think there is actually a better connotation to being called as "racist" than just another useful idiot for the left.

It does, after all, infer that I am able to think on my own and make my own decisions. Be they right, wrong, or indifferent. They are still the results of my own critical thinking.

However, I do not think I am, what would be called a "classic racist", I have always advocated there being only one race of humans living on this planet at this time. If anyone can show me another, I would be very happy to meet them. As yet I have no reason to hold any prejudice against them, but then again I don't know them.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Breitbart is the one who assumes that isolationism and racism on the part of Klingons means that they represent Trump supporters. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Honestly the Klingons always reminded me of modern day American military personal from my personal experiences with them.

Any way, must remember ST:TOS was made in a different time with a different world view, same as the later shows that followed. Each was a product of its time.
Quite often people seem to forget that.

Kirks attitude towards women for example, and how people try to use it to show misogyny exists in modern times or some rot is like a feminist I met who bitched about how oppressed women are because of experiences she had in the workplace 30 years ago, who got rather ragey on me when I asked her how she is oppressed now and what rights she is lacking compared to me a male. She couldn't answer just kept reaching into the past and got even more upset when I listed off all the rights she has as a modern woman that I as a male do not have.
It's strawman to use past pop culture as a point for current issues.

Anyways, it's a TV show. I'll judge it myself when I watch it. I mean opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.
Never been one to avoid a film or tv show because it offended someone else.

When I do watch it either one of two things will happen.
I'll thoroughly enjoy it and watch it.
or
I'll watch it, find it's awful and then not watch it.
Seems pretty simple enough.

But yeah what I won't do is get all outraged because some blog or forum post says I should.

I tend to only care about # that actually matters in the real world.
Maybe more people should learn how the power switch works on their electronic devices and realise we have control over what we expose ourselves to, instead of blaming everyone else for being miserable as if they held a gun to our head and made us watch or read anything.

Freewill. It's a wonderful thing.

edit on 14-9-2017 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join