It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek: Discovery Likens Trump Supporters to Racist Klingons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Looks like "Hollywood" has gone all out to compare Trump to some current political issues as racists and un-PC.

And they seem to be targeting Trump "supporters" as the bad people.

It's the brand new Star Trek series called "Star Trek: Discovery" and it will be a 15 episode series on the internet only (for now).

They're using the Klingons vs the PC-do-gooders.

Massive propaganda efforts underway !!

This will end up another bad move for Democrats

They even have some references to North Koreans too !!

Looks like they went back in (Star Trek) history to make the points !!

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Likens Trump Supporters to Racist Klingons

Producers of the new, Internet-only Star Trek series say their new Klingon warriors are allegories for racist Trump supporters.
The forthcoming, 15-episode order of Star Trek: Discovery, to debut this month exclusively on the Internet-based CBS All Access, will follow a familiar Star Trek practice as the series looks to use its stories to comment on contemporary events.

The story arc of the new Trek series will focus on early relations between the United Federation of Planets and the war-like Klingon Empire. According to producers, that conflagration is an allegory to today’s political climate in the age of Trump, according to Entertainment Weekly.

edit on Sep-09-2017 by xuenchen because: #klingons

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Easy enough t prove. Any of you guys have Tribbles?

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Kilngons used to be the Russians. There was an effort to bridge the divide. They werent the bad guys, they were the different aliens.

I wont be seeing that show. Star trek was more. It went against all the norms. Popular liberal culture isnt welcome there.

It reeks of BS. The ship is ugly, the show looks dumb, and I wont stand for a PC show meant to engineer my mind.

Fan made stuff is better anyways.

Also, GO FORWARD! Why is everything a prequel now?

Enterprise was lame. This will be too. If you want to make money off us let us make the shows.

If not have fun with the same aging viewers you always had.

edit on 9 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
As if Breitbart would report this (or anything) in any trustful way.

My opinion: as usual, the people thinking they are victims feel victimized. Be it the Russians in the 80s, be it Breitbart right now.

Boring bc it is so predictable.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This was not what star trek was about...

watch the episode "the drum head" from tng and get back to me. And I don't think the klingons were racist as much as imperialistic. I admit I'm not well versed in the nu trek movies but have seen every episode of the 5 series thus far and will say this is a great way to doom the new show right out of the gate.

I lived in Tennessee for a while and was actually myself surprised about how many "rural" people loved trek.Maybe it was my own prejudice, but they should be aware they're killing half their audience share if they push this too far.

I was really hoping they'd cover the romulan war in this new show....alas...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
'James Tiberius Kirk' used to represent the Roman Catholic Church
James = Brother of Jesus
Tiberius = Rome
Kirk = Church

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

edit on 9-9-2017 by gortex because: NVM

link   
a reply to: tadaman

I'm with you (except I liked Enterprise haha but let's not go there). Star Trek always did social commentary, but it was usually subtle and even-handed, with a positive goal in mind. There were exceptions to this rule - hello Lokai, not very subtle - but even when they did social commentary I didn't necessarily agree with I never thought it was over the top or preachy. I've read a lot about this new show and it sounds like it's trying way too hard. I'm not interested, at all. And this is from someone who owns all 5 live-action series and all the movies.
edit on 9 9 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

link   
Once again, Breitbart misrepresents what was said and their intent. This is from Breitbart's source:

“The allegory is that we really started working on the show in earnest around the time the election was happening,” showrunner Aaron Harberts says. “The Klingons are going to help us really look at certain sides of ourselves and our country. Isolationism is a big theme. Racial purity is a big theme. The Klingons are not the enemy, but they do have a different view on things. It raises big questions: Should we let people in? Do we want to change? There’s also the question of just because you reach your hand out to someone, do they have to take it? Sometimes, they don’t want to take it. It’s been interesting to see how the times have become more of a mirror than we even thought they were going to be.”

ew.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
well as the federation is mostly a "humans club" with a few token vulcans andorians and betazoids perhaps not the best example to use, and with star treks history of hiring PuertoRican actors for the original series vs actual african americans(minus uhurah)as Klingon's again perhaps the franchise does not remember its history or messages some of the later episodes taught . like drumhead where a man is kicked out of star fleet for being part romulen during a pretty shady trial or sisko using biological weapons on civilian colonies plus setting up the romulens by lying to them and killing one of their ambassadors to get them to side with federation against the dominion ,kirks treatment of women as toys and work place sexual harassment

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

THANK you ...no HONOR at CBS ...HOWEVER..www.youtube.com...

WE may not have to BOTHER with this KES'TIN tera'ngan veQ.
edit on 9-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I always thought the Federation was the U.S.A.
Klingons were Soviets
Romulans were Red Chinese

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Way to ruin Star Trek for me assholes.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, we all saw how popular the 'Ghostbusters" remake was with the PC element thrown in.

*shrugs*

If Hollywood wants to piss away money then they are free to do so.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That might be interesting. Nick Meyer was largely responsible for the tone Star Trek 2 and 6 had, which is probably why they're the 2 best movies, in my opinion. God knows what he's like today though haha that was a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

If you're going to let that determine your stance on what you previously enjoyed your loss and damn silly.

BTW, the Klingons were all about duty and honor. So there.

edit on 9-9-2017 by intrepid because: New keyboard

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

If you're going to et that determine your stance n what you previously enjoyed your loss and damn silly.

BTW, the Klingons were all about duty and honor. So there.

I just don't like being preached at.

Discovery alienates a lot of people for many different things. Not the least of which is CBS' treatment of its fan base.

I love Star Trek for its ability to show us a positive future. This new Star Trek isn't about that.

I did like your comment on the tribbles. Truly it's the only way to know for sure.
edit on 9 9 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Pagh matay'DI' yonba' puS luvummoHlu' may' Democrats moq tu'lu

Buck
edit on 9-9-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I agree I liked DS9 but the way the sort of ...dumped the plot was cursory I thought

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join