It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we as Americans owe illegal immigrants anything?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
We're all aliens here. #OutOfTheMartianMeteorite
At least that's what people tell me.

We don't owe illegal aliens anything. We don't really give them much, though. Business owners don't pay them a fair rate. I blame them for using the cheap labor. If some of these business owners (I know a few in construction) had to rely on legal citizens to put up the drywall we'd be in trouble.

We displaced a whole buncha people when we got established here, and we don't exactly honor our treaties with them. That makes us pretty awful UNLESS they also migrated here and displaced a whole bunch of people and they're just not telling anyone about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
One of the main reasons US Government allows immigration is to offset the deficit in birthrate. As for illegals, it is more costly to remove them than to overlook their presence. Immigrants frequently start their own communities where they can freely speak their own native language, buy native goods at shops that are setup in their communities and attend schools in their area that practice their culture.

The USA was built by immigrants done to the founding people that first immigrated. The US was originally started as a British penal territory.
edit on 5-10-2017 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lompyt

Are you willing to give all your assets away? If you're not, stop spouting this pipe dream.

I am married to a LEGAL immigrant, by the way. She dislikes the illegal immigration this country is being sloshed with too, probably more so than me, because she had to go through the legal hoops.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lompyt
Because your decent human beings, and you show empathy and respect to those that need it. Just like your forefathers did when they were illegal citizens and the American Indians showed them the same.

"Need" is a subjective term, and is the root of the issue.

Most dont need it, they chose to come here illegally.

Whats so bad a bout mexico to justify this on going exodus?

Is it not racist to just accept that Mexico is a Shiphole with no hope and so we need to accept trespassers like refugees?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join