It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we as Americans owe illegal immigrants anything?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

We don't.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a lot of native americans here, who knew internet connections were so good in wigwams.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lompyt
Because your decent human beings, and you show empathy and respect to those that need it. Just like your forefathers did when they were illegal citizens and the American Indians showed them the same.

But my fathers came here in the middle of the last century; the US was well established by that point and they immigrated to the US by following the laws of the US. The Native Americans (not Indians) where not involved.
edit on 10-9-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Seriously? Why do illegal immigrants think we owe them anything?

I dunno.. I imagine native Americans and curious about the same thing. We had no problem coming over and killing them with diseases, displacing them.. killing them.. and throwing them into reservations. And you think you have the nerve to ask what we owe other immigrants coming into our country now? That's rich.

Your post is full of assumptions and basically, crap. I don't think nearly as many you think "demand" things.

When I watch a full crew of roof workers on some apartments working 10 hours in blazing heat, earning crap pay, doing jobs YOU and others don't want to do, while good ol' American workers spend their day browsing the Internet while at work, instead of like.. working.. it boggles my mind why some of you WHINE so much.

While I am all for laws and what-not.. I say tighten down immigration laws, but no need to go crazy trying to kick everyone out of our country. Trump and his loyal redneck sheep seem hell-bent on expelling all "evil" from this country. How about fixing what is broke, instead of trying to repeal anything Obama came up with. How about fixing the absolutely pathetic military spending that even a tiny fraction of, would go a long way to fixing a lot of things in this country. But.. no, let's bitch and whine about something that has been going on for dozens of years.

Here is an example of how STUPID your whining comes across: in Florida, Mexican workers (mostly illegal), work their asses off for 10 to 12 hours a day, to pick tomatoes. They get a whopping 5 cents a bushel. All the major grocery stores (which is only a few.. a few own all the others) KNOW this happens. Do they stop it? Of course not - cheap labor YOU are not willing to do. They tried to get literally 1 to 2 cents more per bushel, to improve their living condition.. and major corporations would not do it. It's sadly pathetic how little you and other actually know about the immigration situation, what they do, and how American corporations take advantage of them. Look up Florida tomato farming.. or Napa grape harvesting. Educate yourself before whining like a spoiled child because gasp.. you might have to pay a few more cents in your taxes for the benefits for these people.
edit on 11-9-2017 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Perhaps that just about everyone in this country owes their existence to an immigrant of some sort. The illegal part is a newer stipulation, but if we could ask our indigenous populations about how they felt when we basically took over their land... and the way we treated them... they are lessons well remembered.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Pretty arguable, your/our forefathers stole pretty much all they could from the natives and imprisoned them on reservations, after trying to kill them off by killing the buffalo, giving them blankets infected with disease..etc. etc..a long list of crap.
I would say that qualifies as abuse..I'm not saying illegal should get everything handed to them either.
Don't even begin to pretend our forefathers were any better.
edit on 11-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

There's some asinine comments here. First of all, Mexicans are not the same as Native American. Second of all, every other country on earth has immigration policies that restrict people. Thirdly, many countries ban specific religions and ethnicities but are not considered to be racists. Stop trying to tap into white guilt it doesn't work anymore. Your smoke and mirror bull# only works on the ignorant and the uninformed.

America should be more like Myanmar when it comes to immigration policies. If I go to mexico and need emergency medical care I need to pay my bill before my life is saved. Why in America do we save everyone for free? No place on earth is there an open check book for non documented residents. It's utterly ridiculous and financial suicide.

NOTHING should be handed to someone here illegally. NOTHING.. Just like the rest of the world operates..

Japan has completely banned Islam. Japan has NEVER had a terrorist attack. Coincidence? I think not. Racist? No..
edit on 11-9-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You do NOT owe anyone anywhere anything, you can choose to help others or you can choose not to.

That decision is entirely relevant to your moral compass.

Always think for yourself, never let anyone else do the thinking for you, once you have made the decision to help or not to help that is all on you.

I'm confused as to why you are asking other people to help you choose your own moral compass....

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You have to remember we are all immigrants, except for native Africans of course.

How do think native Americans felt when their nations and land were taken by foreigners? However with compassion comes common sense, Mexico is cartel central ATM so of course officials need to be wary, but of course there will be some trying to flee for their lives and should have the choice to apply for citizenship.

Ask yourself this; if America descended into a second civil war and your mother emigrated to Canada before you were born, how would you feel if you were deported back to a warzone? On the other side of America's white picket fence there is a Corrupted, criminal run country where a witnessing a hit is a daily occurrence.

It's a sticky situation but I'll stick with the Titanic tactic-women and children first.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
In theory I don't think we owe illegal aliens anything. But, in practice, we have established precedent by allowing them to work here and contribute to our society. We've even all but created a dual language state to accommodate hispanics. Thus, it follows that we should embrace those who we have exploited. In short, we cannot expect to have it both ways; nor is it fair to exploit a people then toss them out when we are done with them. That's just way too American for my tastes.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Because your decent human beings, and you show empathy and respect to those that need it. Just like your forefathers did when they were illegal citizens and the American Indians showed them the same.

Until the illegals rounded them up and killed them.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: libertytoall

Japan has completely banned Islam. Japan has NEVER had a terrorist attack. Coincidence? I think not. Racist? No..

Japan park explosion

gas attack Japan

Japanese airport bombing
edit on 11-9-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: libertytoall

Japan park explosion

gas attack Japan

Japanese airport bombing

Seven attacks within a two week period in Europe.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Im not figuratively comparing natives to Mexicans..riiiight over your head, our forefathers were the Mexicans(figuratively).
And I have no guilt..just stating some facts.
The poster I replied to stated our forefathers never abused anyone/system..I say they did.
And I clearly stated that illegals should not be handed everything.
JM2C

Oh and as has been pointed out you are wrong about Japan and terror attacks.

edit on 11-9-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Illegal immigrants are an important source of cheap slave labor, similar to Chinese cheap laborers. Its not that they can do a job better than say, legal union laborers, its that they can do it cheaper. This is important for businesses so they don't have to pass on the costs of expensive labor to consumers. Illegal immigrants also don't complain about inhumane working conditions, which is also good for businesses. I mean really, who would you want, expensive legal laborers and union workers getting paid an outrageous wage or cheap illegals? You don't even have to pay them the outrageous minimum wage!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

How'd that work out for those indians? Welcoming your conquerers with open arms and gifts doesn't work very well, as history has shown time after time. The borders need to be closed and remain closed and the laws must be enforced, period.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Lets be honest here: They are people, and the US has recognized that rights are inalienable. We have a massive disconnect there, as we do not want to "extend our rights" (which are inalienable) to someone outside the US. Despite the fact that this viewpoint admits that our rights are merely privileges carried under the banner of the US Constitution. Its kind of sad to consider.

One thing we learned in the 1910's is that protectionism is not the way to go. It leads us down a path of hypernationalism, or at least down a path that runs awefully close to hypernationalism. It was a valid approach in the middle ages and prior, as defending your resources was the most logical and economic approach. In todays world, post globalization? Just look at North Korea as an example.

That isn't to say we shouldn't employ some protectionist strategies. It works well in Canada, despite its obnoxiousness to Americans just trying to do their jobs north of the border.

The real problem here is that we have gone off the rails and voted all sorts of welfare into law, and now it costs us to have poor people. This is a problem we created for ourselves, and is now being weaponized by protectionists. If welfare and social service were removed from the discussion, the only argument left would be the old school protectionist rackets of linking crime to immigration (which is what gave us the War on Drugs to begin with).

I agree that we need stronger border security. I see the value in removing illegals as it pertains to work and national morale related to labor issues. But its only because it is the lesser evil, given the corner we have painted ourselves into. The other way will mean more burden on a middle class that has crumpled to the ground in despair because of the burden it already has. And will continue to consolidate power into Washington DC.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join