It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we as Americans owe illegal immigrants anything?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Wow cant believe this thread hasn't been shut down. And no we don't own them anything but they don't care what we think. The government that is.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Why would they shutdown the thread I put together a proper argument based on solid philosophy?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Wow cant believe this thread hasn't been shut down. And no we don't own them anything but they don't care what we think. The government that is.

Isn't the government allegedly working now to "enforce the laws"?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Solid philosophy? Proper argument? This issue has never been about a proper argument or philosophy by any side in it Archie.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Prostitution has always been illegal save for Vegas anyway.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Prostitution has always been illegal save for Vegas anyway.

Indeed.

Isn't the Trump Administration acting now to enforce "the laws" regarding immigration that you were expressing concern about? So your government is listening to you, it would seem.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

It seems like a lot of conservatives have been hiring these illegals for cheap, convenient labor.

And libs keep letting them in.

Why is that, I wonder?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

"Libs" ... you mean like Ronald Reagan? GW Bush?

Actually it was a "lib" President that deported the most illegals to date: Barack Obama.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
You don't owe them anything. In fact it is the other way around.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Gryphon66

Like I mentioned , Doomed .

Nah. Governments are corrupt and controlled by money throughout history.

In America, I still believe we can do better. We should insist that our lawmakers modernize our immigration system to the profit of our nation and our economy.

How would you do that without depressing wages?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure if We flooded the jobs with cheap labor that liberals tend to hold then I'm willing to bet they would change their tune real quick. Everyone is generally on board with government regulations that help everyone but once it starts hurting someone then that person is automatically against those regulations. The best part is if You complain about the said regulations then it won't be to long before some liberal comes around and labels You a Nazi or racist.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Abysha

. A bunch of Europeans came here because they didn't like where they were

Not really.

The American Colonies mostly came into being because people wanted to make money. The colonies where business ventures. i.e The Virginia Company.

england booted out the religious fruitcakes, hence america now being screwed.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

a reply to: burgerbuddy

"Libs" ... you mean like Ronald Reagan? GW Bush?

Actually it was a "lib" President that deported the most illegals to date: Barack Obama.

Geeze, he counted people thinking of leaving, as a deportation.

And with most of them being deported 5-10-20 times, of course his numbers look high.

And why wouldn't he be called really racist to deport more people than anyone?

Is it because black people can't be racist?

If an illegal is working, an american citizen is out of a job.

We don't owe them anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

Judging from what the HEAD idolator is saying ,I think the fecal matter is flowing freely ...NOT too crazy about England apparently either,according to history ..and they DIDN'T say a WORD against America,when Patton rolled in, after the egotist beat Monty

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

What a joke. Enforcing 'the laws'? Don't you mean enforcing the laws that strike their fancy at the moment and that further their personal/collective agenda(s)? Just like 'good Christians', they pick and choose what 'laws' they want to follow and ignore the rest or write them off as antiquated, or re-interpret them in some convoluted way. The 'government' couldn't give a rats-ass about 'the laws'. Trump, just to use a current example (all prior administrations were no better), is openly hostile and dismissive to the Judiciary and has had how many attempts at EO's thrown out of Court? And then complaining that the laws are BS. Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

We are all immigrants who stole this land from the natives who continue to profit from that crime. As long as you benefit you owe others the same opportunity.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think there's a side to this you are not looking at. What constitutes owing something? Do you owe someone something if you took something from them? One perspective that I would put forth, many of them come from Argentina, Peru, Guatemala, etc. Now, they didn't exactly invite us to go down to their nations and destroy their environments, to make sweat shops and banana republics, to destroy their farming industries and such. To raise rebellions and wars and insurgencies against any populist leaders that rose up with ideas to use their nations resources for their people. We stole the wealth of most of those nations, destroyed their industries, and their way of life, and created, intentionally or otherwise, massive drug economies and crime economies, lacking in safety or security. So in light of this, I repeat your original question, what do we owe them?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lompyt
Because your decent human beings, and you show empathy and respect to those that need it. Just like your forefathers did when they were illegal citizens and the American Indians showed them the same.

Nice to see one good answer amidst the toxic, blind patriotism and inhumanity.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Why do Christians keep claiming the USA is a "Christian" country?

Why do liberal leftists claim the same?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

We don't. We do however owe our veterans who are getting shafted. We do however owe our homeless who are getting shafted. Perhaps once we fix our own problems, I'd be more sympathetic to criminals but not before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join