It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we as Americans owe illegal immigrants anything?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

No I am not blaming liberalism as the driving force behind immigration I blame liberalism for allowing this mess to get create, obviously everyone comes here for money

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It seems like a lot of conservatives have been hiring these illegals for cheap, convenient labor.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes, merchants came as did pirates.

Mg

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
We don't owe you citizenship, free healthcare, we don't have the responsibility to educate your kids for free we don't owe you anything!

You don't give those things. The government is in charge of that.

Sure it was your money and they are supposed to look out for your best interests but still, you are barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I always look at these things from a Libertarian point of view which boils down to "do what you want as long as it doesn't infringe upon the rights of others". So then the question of illegal immigration simply becomes "how does the entrance of an illegal immigrant into a country infringe upon the rights of the citizens of that country?"

The biggest problem I see is the infringement on economic rights pertaining to government services. Citizens pay their full load of taxes to support government services, illegal immigrants typically only pay a portion of those taxes. They do indeed pay all the sales taxes that everyone else has to pay, and they generally pay property taxes by proxy through their landlords by paying their monthly rent, but I don't believe most pay much, if anything in income taxes. And employers who are employing them illegally are also skipping out on paying payroll taxes. So if they are only paying 50% of the taxes they should be paying, but using 100% of the government services, that becomes a pretty clear problem with math. In this case, they are without a doubt infringing on the rights of the citizens of this country by receiving government services without paying in full for those services. Taking something you didn't pay for is called theft, and theft clearly infringes upon the rights of others.

Just a little food for thought...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Don't forget history,

With legal merchants came pirates.

Mg

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No I am not blaming liberalism as the driving force behind immigration I blame liberalism for allowing this mess to get create, obviously everyone comes here for money

If that is your case, then I can see a discussion on ''liberalism'' as a tool of capitalism. The capitalist system exercising it's reach and control of the populace through the general polices that a ''liberal'' social structure allows. That, I agree with.

But then, that would be neo-liberalism wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Why do Christians keep claiming the USA is a "Christian" country?

Because they don't know their basic fundamental history of the inception of their nation and want to see 315+ million individuals bow down to their selective belief system

Why?

Idk. People like to control others is the conclusion I come to

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

If it's as easy as you (and others) say it is, why not do it yourself?

Quit your job. Go on welfare/food stamps.
Go get paid $25/hr by George Soros lol. Go and drop some anchor babies for fat stacks, bruh.

By your logicalities, you'll be a billionaire in no time lol

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The only thing we owe them is an arrest and a deportation.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
What do we owe the mega corporations we give BILLIONS to annually from the Treasury?

What do we owe the weapons manufacturers that we give BILLIONS to develop technology and then buy from for BILLIONS more?

What do we owe the "religious groups" that get free rides on their taxes (amounting to BILLIONS lost from the Treasury)?

Can you answer those questions?

Because I can answer yours.

We don't OWE illegal immigrants or undocumented workers anything that they don't earn.

That's the major difference, because many come here and do jobs that Americans won't do (and pay taxes which is more than the aforementioned corporations and churches), which keeps prices on many goods low, which means that Americans have more buying power.

Why should it be so hard for them to get a reasonable and affordable path to citizenship? Why should they have to pay tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on attorneys to help them overcome the nearly-impossible roadblocks that have been put in their way?

Why should kids who have grown up in this country, who are working and contributing to our economy, not be given some special recognition?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

That's one of the problems ... so many of these folks conceive of themselves as "temporarily embarrassed millionaires."

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

We Owe them a Chance at Freedom , and a Better Life . If they Really Desire those Things , then they will Comply with U.S. Laws that are part of the Process of Obtaining them .

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

As a classical Jeffersonian liberal yes I would agree neo-liberalism, great clarification.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

We Owe them a Chance at Freedom , and a Better Life . If they Really Desire those Things , then they will Comply with U.S. Laws that are part of the Process of Obtaining them .

Unless they're rich and can buy their way in of course ... then they can skate the system, right?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I personally have friends who are legal immigrants who despise illegals. They obtained green cards and served in the military to earn their status.

My one friend talks about growing up sleeping on dirt floors in the Philippines waiting for his mom to have earned enough money to come to the US legally.
edit on 9-9-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lompyt

Thread should have ended after this post; but you know... ego, and all that.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So , you are basically saying that Money and Corruption can Defy U.S. Laws ? If that is Truly the Case , then this Country is Doomed .

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

So , you are basically saying that Money and Corruption can Defy U.S. Laws ? If that is Truly the Case , then this Country is Doomed .

Aren't you one of the ones who claim that the Clintons "money and corruption" defy US laws?

Please, don't be coy.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I personally have friends who are legal immigrants who despise illegals. They obtained green cards and served in the military to earn their status.

My one friend talks about growing up sleeping on dirt floors in the Philippines waiting for his mom to have earned enough money to come to the US legally.

Sure, some of your best friends are immigrants. Awesome.

Dirt floor eh? Wow, that's a great story, isn't it?

You didn't answer any of my questions about the scale of your concerns I notice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join