It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force deploys MASS to Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Would not Natural Insecticides be More Environmentally Friendly than Chemical Soups ? The General Public is Always the Last to Know a Truth , eh ?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

When truck are used for nefarious spraying, the term is ChemExhaust.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

And wouldn't it be better to kill the little bastards fast? Natural might be better for the environment, but natural doesn't always mean fast. It might be better for the environment, but having an insect explosion isn't good for the people living there.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The mosquitoes are doing well out here. The rain really got them going.

The county emergency management told us that there would be spraying in our county the next 3 nights. Wonder if it is connected with this deployment. Could they be flying this soon?

This is the first aerial spray I can remember here.

About 25 years ago, we were subject to a couple years of arial spraying of malathion to kill off some form of agricultural bug that I don't recall. We were a suburban area but with regular 'commerce' with the massive agricultural areas of our state.

The stuff was awful - got on everything. We were told to remain indoors when the spraying was being done. As I suppose it was good that it was sticky AF to help keep it from being airborne but we were always cleaning everything (remember this was years of spraying).

Malathion is one of the most widely used organophosphate insecticides in the United States and throughout the world. It is used to control pests of agricultural crops, ornamentals, greenhouses, livestock, stored grain, forests, buildings, households, and gardens. Industrial, commercial, and government applications constitute most of the annual U.S. usage. These uses include schools, hospitals, warehouses, eating establishments, food processing plants, and wide scale pest control or eradication programs.(1)

nospray.org...

I've been unable to find anything about the 'long-term' carry-on effects of exposure but I do know that it killed not only the Medfly - but most other insects as well - and beneficial insects have not yet returned to the area after 25 years in near the numbers that were present before the sprayings. Lady Bugs and Lacewings - and people have been buying and releasing them many times a year in the attempt to repopulate and it has not worked.

It may be the best short term solution - but it's not good long term.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

The point he's making is that, even if it inconveniences people because they have to clean a lot and stay inside, even if it kills beneficial bugs, even if it disrupts the local ecosystem for a while, the alternative is people will die from the diseases they're spraying for. Unless people start dying from what they're spraying, go ahead and spray is the heavier side of the scale. It's risk vs reward. Letting people die from rampant disease isn't a good trade off so you can feel good about the environment.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Actually, yeah. I think we could use a little of the survival of the fittest. Also, the mosquitoes keep the hipsters out of the woods, and in the city...where they belong.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VikingWarlord

Yeah, I don't see that happening.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785
I wipe my arse with pine needles. You thinking about my nether regions? Are you sweet on me?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I can hear the conspirators now..NOOOO AGENT ORANGE.....

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: VikingWarlord

Pine needles? Man up, I used a wire brush. Gets it squeeky clean.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm glad I don't live in Texas, I actually am somewhat deficient in enzymes to break down pesticides. I have been that way since I was a kid living on the farm. My dad must of had that problem too, he died of brain cancer, that is a genetic risk I have according to my DNA test.

Over seventy percent of people do not have a problem with normal amounts of the pesticides, the other thirty percent do. But if their is a lot of spraying going on, the majority of people will have negative effects.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

So. There. Are. Chemtrails.

Those evil bastards!

In reality, the mosquito population will explode if nothing is done to prevent it. All that stagnant water, tailor made for the evil bugs.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

They've already sprayed almost two million acres as of September 12th. They said that typically after something like this, the mosquito population explodes, but isn't actually carrying viruses. But they can cause other problems, like slowing recovery because people have to deal with being swarmed. They're using sprayer trucks in the areas that have virus carrying mosquitoes, and the C-130s over areas with larger, denser populations.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

They did much the same thing here in the NW three plus decades ago to combat the tussuck moth that was devastating the Douglas Fir.

It's not something to be used lightly, but DDT does work.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join