It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a woman ruined my life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I appreciate that.....

You must be able to sense the truth because I believe nothing can stop me now, and exactly what I needed was a direction. I have one now, it is so clear and a feel stronger and less depressed for the first time..

It was going back to a house of God......That is what I needed to do to find my direction and move on..

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Your welcome to visit my pub pro. As a believer and a sinner I
have a lot of debate material you might find interesting if not
reassuring. I just suffered a horrible loss in my life that hasn't
even dinged my faith in our Father. So you get the genesis of
my response.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Now that I am here I have a solid plan in place. I'm going to work as many hours as possible, ignoring my ex the entire time, and soon enough I will have enough money to move into a place of my own.

That sounds like a good plan. All you need is yourself and God and when you are happy on your own you can share that with others. I wish you good luck on your plan and hope you get that place of your own soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I was in a similar situation, I kept going back.

The bitch then tried to kill me, almost succeded.

I have the kid, I'm raising him without her, she hasn't seen the boy for 3 years now, TBH I hope we never see her again.

That's a crap situation to be in and I hope you find a way through it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

How a man ruined my life -

Cheater

Drunk

Liar

It happens to women too.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1

Cheater

Drunk

Liar

It happens to women too.

It sure does, what makes it hard for men though, is that in the legal system we are second class citizens, guilty until proven innocent.

Which doesn't really leave us on an even keel, the children end up suffering the most caught up in all the bull#.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Lurker1

Cheater

Drunk

Liar

It happens to women too.

It sure does, what makes it hard for men though, is that in the legal system we are second class citizens, guilty until proven innocent.

Which doesn't really leave us on an even keel, the children end up suffering the most caught up in all the bull#.

I agree. My brother had to declare bankruptcy twice because his child support was so ruinous.

I hate to say it, but men should think seriously about how many kids they can support if there's a divorce. My brother loved kids, so he had four.

He was punished for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So we got together for a few hours last night.

I was torn between telling her I am about to get my own place, and believing her that I will be back home soon.

We came up with a plan.

She wants to go into treatment this week. While she is there my mom and I will move into her apartment and take care of all the responsibilities.

The boyfriend will have to leave and just deal with it.

By the time she makes it through treatment I will be moved back in waiting for her.

We will them start a new sober chapter of life, once again as a team.

If this plan falls through I will redirect my focus on finding my own place........

According to her, and according to the plan I will be back home with my kids and wife before my 31st birthday on October 18th...........

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Watch e few MGTOW videos on YouTube and you will realize that you don't need some female holding you down making you feel worthless without her.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There is always someone else for you out there. Why are the kids in this environment with her? I would get some education behind me, get a better job and petition the court for those kids. You can stay friends with her but she seems like she is just dragging you down. You are better then that.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lisame
There is always someone else for you out there. Why are the kids in this environment with her? I would get some education behind me, get a better job and petition the court for those kids. You can stay friends with her but she seems like she is just dragging you down. You are better then that.

Thats exactly what everyone I talk to about this is telling me......

I moved to the mission with that goal in mind.

Then she started up with the whole wanting the family back together thing.

If she does not commit to treatmemt, and show me that she is serious and remorseful I will give up on her once and for all.

I am supposed to be here to focus on myself, establishing myself so I can be there for the kids.

However I love this girl with all my heart so I have a very hard time putting up the walls that I probably need to.

If I was financially solid and had a place of my own the kids would not have been stuck in that environment for so long.....it's my fault, I have been a failure.

I am going to give this a chance....She is a good person when she is in her right mind. It really seems like she wants this. If she is for real, she will be in treatmemt within 2 weeks maximum and I'll be back at my old house with the kids, waiting for her to come home so we can start over together.

It is kind of a leap of faith and probably the more foolish choice, but We both want our kids to have both parents, we both crave a normal sober family life, we still love each other. So I am going for it, as long as she commits to treatment ASAP, rather than just talk about it.

I'll let everyone know how these next couple weeks go.....

It's kind of scary, and exciting....I have been out on my own for nearly 8 months now.....it has been a long road.

Whether we get back together in the original house, or I have to rent a place of my own and start fighting for the kids, big changes are finally on the horizon.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
However things turn out, I wish you and your kids nothing but the best of luck and hope for both your sakes, everything works out in the end somehow. I applaud you for taking the time to get your own head together. At least your kids will have one parent with a clear mind to guide them through life.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Thanks for that........she checked herself into detox yesterday and I'm back at home with the kids........

It was a dramatic transition but things seem to be looking up for sure.....

I've inherited a completely trashed apartment, but im gonna make sure she has a fresh clean environment to come home to...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If nothing else,
I'm really excited for you to have this opportunity to reconnect with your kids and reestablish a good relationship with them while your mentally getting into a better place. Good for you, seriously! Be proud of how hard you've worked on yourself to be able to get to this place. If you can keep on this path, you're golden and your kids will be so much the better for it.

Congratulations and please keep us updated on how everything goes. I'm rooting for you and especially the kids, but I hope everything works out for you man and that your ex takes all of this as seriously as you seem to. Again, you should be really proud of yourself. I've been there and I know how incredibly hard it is to wake up one morning and realize you've got nothing left and to have to start over from scratch. You didn't take the easy way out and chose to put in the work to be a better man and as a result, a better father. Take pride in that, you worked your ass off to get to this point. Keep it up!

And don't forget, there are people that you've never met, who you talk to in an Internet forum primarily designed for conspiracy theorists to feel less crazy in their own safe space, who are pulling for you and wishing you and your kids nothing but the best of luck in this process. So seriously, keep up the good work and keep us in the loop regarding how things go. I'm always a sucker for a happy ending and when it comes to kids in situations like what they've just been living through, I'm all too happy to be wrong concerning my initial thoughts! And don't forget, as great as it would be to have a complete family, you've worked really hard to get yourself into a good place mentally so that you're able to be a good father and role model for your kids. As long as you keep doing what you have done so far, you've got this and as difficult as it will be to go it alone, it will be infinitely better than what those kids have just had to live through in their very recent past. I hope you and your ex are able to make this work though. I really and truly do. Just keep in mind that staying in it "for the sake of the kids" is never a good idea so I implore you to keep them in mind if anything looks off and you need to start consumerism exit strategy. Again, I sincerely hope it never comes to that but it's better to be prepared for something that may never come to pass than to get caught with your pants down at the most inopportune moment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys

edit on 18-10-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

If nothing else,
I'm really excited for you to have this opportunity to reconnect with your kids and reestablish a good relationship with them while your mentally getting into a better place. Good for you, seriously! Be proud of how hard you've worked on yourself to be able to get to this place. If you can keep on this path, you're golden and your kids will be so much the better for it.

Congratulations and please keep us updated on how everything goes. I'm rooting for you and especially the kids, but I hope everything works out for you man and that your ex takes all of this as seriously as you seem to. Again, you should be really proud of yourself. I've been there and I know how incredibly hard it is to wake up one morning and realize you've got nothing left and to have to start over from scratch. You didn't take the easy way out and chose to put in the work to be a better man and as a result, a better father. Take pride in that, you worked your ass off to get to this point. Keep it up!

And don't forget, there are people that you've never met, who you talk to in an Internet forum primarily designed for conspiracy theorists to feel less crazy in their own safe space, who are pulling for you and wishing you and your kids nothing but the best of luck in this process. So seriously, keep up the good work and keep us in the loop regarding how things go. I'm always a sucker for a happy ending and when it comes to kids in situations like what they've just been living through, I'm all too happy to be wrong concerning my initial thoughts! And don't forget, as great as it would be to have a complete family, you've worked really hard to get yourself into a good place mentally so that you're able to be a good father and role model for your kids. As long as you keep doing what you have done so far, you've got this and as difficult as it will be to go it alone, it will be infinitely better than what those kids have just had to live through in their very recent past. I hope you and your ex are able to make this work though. I really and truly do. Just keep in mind that staying in it "for the sake of the kids" is never a good idea so I implore you to keep them in mind if anything looks off and you need to start consumerism exit strategy. Again, I sincerely hope it never comes to that but it's better to be prepared for something that may never come to pass than to get caught with your pants down at the most inopportune moment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys

Beautifully written post Peter , with a lot of positive motivation and reaffirmation for the OP. I think your words have seriously helped the op to sort out his priorities, and I do believe the OP has been given strength and signs through his visit to a church.

Thank you for your wisdom in this thread , and most especially your positive reaffirmation of the OP's actions and intentions.

GoShredAK... many of us wish you and your family the very best, and though the future may have some rocky
moments... remember to stay strong for your children and yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join