It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5th Sept 2017 Nevada crash

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

They got several F-5s back around Vietnam days. They led to a design philosophy change, because when they flew them against their aircraft, the F-5 won every "fight".

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

F-5 was/is such a gnarly aircraft. Always, hands down get my vote for sexiest air craft right after the T-38. T-38 is just a tad bit curvier with the inlets being turned down a bit and the longer canopy. Everyone I have talked to about the T-38 always gets that far-off look in their eyes and says,"what a sweet flying plane!" Not trying to derail the thread but, I just love this video.

edit on 9-10-2017 by Jacksonsman1 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
youtu.be...

I stumbled on a really interesting documentary video of this subject. Rumor has it that Schultz was warned by a fellow Russian aviator not to perform a specific maneuver with the craft he was flying.
edit on 6/17/2019 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Wow that was annoying. Heh.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Wow that was annoying. Heh.

Any thoughts on the statement that the pilot had a conversation w/ a Russian aviator about performing a specific maneuver?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It's pretty doubtful that he would have. The chances of the head of a squadron doing exploit work on Russian gear would be talking to a Russian test pilot about the aircraft in question are pretty remote. It's not exactly the kind of thing that the Pentagon would go for.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join