It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afraid of Earthquakes? Get a Mouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It is interesting to note that China actually has a full blown earthquake alert system that is no more advanced than simply observing the activities of livestock....

Everyone in Los Angeles should get a pet mouse. Why?� Because mice can predict earthquakes! Japanese researchers say mice act strangely after being exposed to low levels of electromagnetism of the kind which is often in the atmosphere just before a major quake. These electromagnetism levels are too low for humans to notice, which is why we need mice. Takeshi Yagi says, "The mice�became unstable and ran around inside the cage, scratched their faces and stuck their heads into sawdust in the cage. We first observed unusual movement by mice kept in our laboratory eight years ago, the day before the Kobe earthquake." This 1995 quake measured 7.3 on the Richter scale and killed over 6,000 people, injuring over 40,000.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
hmm iv heard about that and i do belive in it although... if u observe mice for a long time im sure there gonna be running around if sumone slams a door

if there were remote eartquakes where i lived i would be able to submit some info but i have relised those dam ants r bak in my house... weired but they only do this in summer and atm its the middle of winter even thou melbourne is having its unpredictable weather pattern.. its sunny?

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Don't you know then????

The mice are hyperdimensional beings that have foresight of the future ;-).

Respect to Douglas Adams!

new topics

join