It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Lawrence Suggests Donald Trump Is Linked to Hurricanes

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: Xcathdra

How much are they paying you?

You know I posted the info / quotes / sources.. Violating T&C by accusing me of being a schill is not helpful in any sense of the term. People can read it for themselves and decide what they choose to believe.

Are you going to watch the video or not?

He wont then he has to admit he fell for fake news. She never said huricainshuricains were caused by Trump. What she does imply is Trump doesnt care about the earth.and if we keep doing what we are doing things will get worse.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

You know I posted the info / quotes / sources.. Violating T&C by accusing me of being a schill is not helpful in any sense of the term. People can read it for themselves and decide what they choose to believe.

He wont then he has to admit he fell for fake news. She never said huricainshuricains were caused by Trump. What she does imply is Trump doesnt care about the earth.and if we keep doing what we are doing things will get worse.

That does make sense since Trump thinks global warming is a hoax.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

She doesn't even imply that. She may have said something like that before, but not in this interview. This interview was about promoting her new movie, "Mother", which is about a hurricane, apparently. She didn't get political in the interview at all, although the reporter was trying her best to bait her.

The only thing that she said about Trump is that he doesn't "confuse" her. She "knows exactly what he's all about". That's all she ever says about Trump, period.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

That does make sense since Trump thinks global warming is a hoax.

HE prolly means MAN MADE global warming.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Because i read an article that quoted her and because I really dont care all that much about what hollywood thinks. I provided information beyond the op source material.

If you don't care enough about the topic to watch the interview, why did you spent so much time googling articles and posting distortions of her interview?

Why spend so much time and energy arguing with those of us who did watch the video, trying to convince us we don't know, we're wrong about, what we just watched?

Why are you so passionate about your gullible ignorance?

edit on 9-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Why are you so passionate about your gullible ignorance?

Why are you so passionate about yours?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Did you watch the video you just posted? Please point out the part that validates the OP's claim.

Because I actually watched the video and don't like to be "gaslighted" or see other ATS posters "gaslighted".

At this point you know you're lying and we, who watched the video, know you're lying. You're hoping people who haven't watched the video will believe that it's their choice to blindly believe you or us, instead of investigating the facts for themselves. You assume some people are too lazy to think for themselves, so they'll opt to just believe you, because your lies confirm their bias.

You are the worst kind of troll.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I did.. she talks about global warming being manmade and supported by science knowing full well Trump has dismissed the man made warming position. She says it was a surprise Trump was elected and that mother nature is showing her wrath.

Why discuss both in the same context if she wasnt linking them?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Don't worry about Jennifer I have it under control the evil hateful deplorable activity is nothing that we can't contain.You will be giving angels for this fact that you have presented to the public.The Mother of all Mothers will connect with her beloved daughter to get the truth out.Jennifer Lawrence, our Hero.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

Don't worry about Jennifer I have it under control the evil hateful deplorable activity is nothing that we can't contain.You will be giving angels for this fact that you have presented to the public.The Mother of all Mothers will connect with her beloved daughter to get the truth out.Jennifer Lawrence, our Hero.

Lol.

An actress is a hero?????

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Lol.

John Wayne? Clint Eastwood?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: thesaneone

Lol.

John Wayne? Clint Eastwood?

Lol, no.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What was said? Lets have the "quotes". Where are they? Have you even watched the interview yet?

I haven't seen any quotes from JL that back up the OP's claims.

I have already provided them, twice now, and once in direct response to your post. Maybe you should read posts first before dismissing them.

Here they are.. again.

Hurricanes Irma, Harvey are nature's 'wrath' for Trump victory, Jennifer Lawrence claims

“It’s scary,” the actress responded to the interviewer’s assertion that there was “an end-of-days feeling” across the world and especially in the U.S.

“You know, it’s this new language that’s forming. I don’t even recognize it. It’s also scary to know that climate change is due to human activity, and we continue to ignore it, and the only voice that we really have is through voting.”

Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence suggested the devastating hurricanes in Texas and approaching Florida were signs of “Mother Nature’s rage and wrath” at America for electing Donald Trump and not believing in man-made climate change.

Lawrence, who is promoting her new drama “Mother!,” appeared on British network Channel 4 on Wednesday, where she discussed topics ranging from the movie to the gender pay gap and Trump.

“It’s scary,” the actress responded to the interviewer’s assertion that there was “an end-of-days feeling” across the world and especially in the U.S.

“You know, it’s this new language that’s forming. I don’t even recognize it. It’s also scary to know that climate change is due to human activity, and we continue to ignore it, and the only voice that we really have is through voting.”

“And you have voted very recently, as a country” the reporter noted – to which Lawrence replied that “it was really startling” Trump was elected. She then suggested the recent hurricanes devastating Texas and nearing Florida may have been prompted by Trump winning the presidency.

“You know, you’re watching these hurricanes now, and it’s really hard, especially while promoting this movie, not to feel Mother Nature’s rage and wrath," Lawrence said.

Lawrence later said the conversation topics of Trump and U.S. politics were “really polarizing and upsetting.”

She added: “You know, I’ve heard things and seen things on TV in my own country that devastate me and make me sick, and it’s just really confusing.”

After being asked whether she finds Trump confusing, the actress fired back, saying, “I don’t find him confusing. I think I know exactly what he is.”

Lawrence has never been shy about sharing her opinions on the President. In 2015, when Trump had just launched his presidential campaign, she said a victory by him would "be the end of the world,” during an Entertainment Weekly interview.

so i will ask again... Who is lying about what she said?

I wouldn't say you were lying but...I think you need to re-read your own source. Simply because the "interviewer" suggests she intimated something doesn't make it so. Especially when the quote after the "suggestion" has nothing to do with said suggestion.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I watched the interview.

1) Human-induced global warming is proven science
2) We can vote to address this
3) Trump won and we failed
4) With these hurricanes, and especially while promoting this movie, "it's hard not to feel mother nature's rage... wrath."

She's implying mother nature is hurting because of our election results. it's raging and she sympathizes with it.

She's anthropomorphizing the hurricanes. A more scientific--though disproven--hypothesis is the Earth is a self-regulating complex system to support life--some have used this to advance these notions:
en.wikipedia.org - Gaia hypothesis...

edit on 9/9/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
One thing is for sure, one can't help but noting these hurricanes were the only thing to get the " liberal" media off Trump's hide.

Coincidence, or something more sinister?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

...and what you said/wrote should be? Because what you wrote here is just as asinine as anything said by Ms. Lawrence.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Fox is liberal now? They've been on his ass too.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

she talks about global warming being manmade and supported by science knowing full well Trump has dismissed the man made warming position

She did say that she believes that it's a proven fact that man made global warming is real. 1/2 point for a 1/2 truth.

But, who knows "full well" that Trump has dismissed the theory, you, her or me? Because, she makes no such allegation or links Trump at any time during that interview to the hurricanes. So, are you deliberately trolling here by interjecting your opinion as fact?

Further, by your logic, anyone who believes the scientific data that suggests that the weather is being affected by man made situations is blaming Donald Trump for Harvey and Irma, right?

She says it was a surprise Trump was elected and that mother nature is showing her wrath.

There is something seriously wrong with your language comprehension.

“You know, it’s this new language that’s forming. I don’t even recognize it. It’s also scary to know that climate change is due to human activity, and we continue to ignore it. The only voice we have is through voting, and we voted, and it was really startling. You know, you’re watching these hurricanes now, and it’s really hard, especially while promoting this movie, not to feel Mother Nature’s rage and wrath," Lawrence said. "

Yes, the reporter kept interrupting her. But, she kept her train of thought, kept on topic and continued to promote her movie, "Mother", about a hurricane being Mother Nature's wrath, and not get into a political discussion.

Why discuss both in the same context if she wasnt linking them?

Because Genius, she was promoting a movie, that just happened to be about global warming and hurricanes, at a time when we have 3 of them barreling down on the USA, along with wild fires and droughts!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I really dont care.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yet you keep on posting! Why so passionate about something that you don't care about?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join