It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jennifer Lawrence Suggests Donald Trump Is Linked to Hurricanes

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Why anyone thinks actors are bastions of intelligence is completely beyond me.

"shut up, you stupid bitch" is something that runs through my mind almost any time I accidentally see, hear or read one of these idiots going on a self-righteous rant on something they likely have little actual grasp on but are too full of their own feigned importance to realize.

Stop asking actors what they think about anything other than acting, pull them up on it when they claim acting is anything other than pretending to be someone that isn't you, stop listening to them when they try to peddle their nonsense just because they have a pedestal to waffle it from.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

I agree. I put no stock in what celebrities say simply because they are celebrities. Some (most, probably, actually) are idiots, some are not.

But in this case the claim of the OP is false. So, now what?

edit on 9/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not much, really. Other than lesson learned not to care what actors have to say any more than a street hobo or your neighbour. Come to think of it the hobo might actually have something to say worth listening to.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

"muggle wuggle weepble warp" ?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You didn't provide a link to the source for that Emma Watson quote.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Who's Emma Watson?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

An actress from the Harry Potter films who has become a staunch feminist because as a white male I have been keeping her down. Apparently she believes that my white maleness has been a great impediment to her success and the fact that she is only worth around $70 million, I truly feel ashamed of being such a nasty part of the patriarchy.

The fact that she can conjure a trembling voice when lecturing us all on our dastardly behaviour is only the more convincing and it really says, " I am an a̶c̶t̶r̶e̶s̶s̶ actor and therefore know better than you. I should be listened to.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Oh.

What does that have to do with the distortions (lies) of the OP?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Nothing. You asked who Emma Watson is.

EDIT: Well, actually it has a little to do with the topic since she is an classic example of a stupid actor speaking only because they have a pedestal I was referring to in my first post.

edit on 9-9-2017 by GusMcDangerthing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I did indeed. In response to you mentioning her. Can you provide verification that my post was a quote from her?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I did indeed. In response to you mentioning her. Can you provide verification that my post was a quote from her?

Speech by UN Women Goodwill Ambassador Emma Watson at a special event for the HeForShe campaign, United Nations Headquarters, New York, 20 September 2014

It's on youtube if you want to hear her almost crying. The poor thing. I found "muggle wuggle weepble warp" to be especially moving.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Sorry, I don't see that quote.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Oh, it's definitely there.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: xuenchen

They finally got to her I see, what a shame.

Is lawrence respected?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: scubagravy

I'm quite comfortable with my intellect and comments-Phage will always be Phage-glad he has another admirer. I'd rather stick to the op instead of veering off when he feels like it. I'm always prepared. Glad he has so many admirers here. Please, enough of the Phage worshipers. Btw, I'm a female. hahaha

I do not admire the he/she (not you).

He/she is but a blip on my radar.

But a note worthy adversary it may be

edit on 9/9/2017 by scubagravy because: wording... converting aussie # to yank speak

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Worthy of what, exactly?

Wait, you're talking about me?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
She's clearly speaking of Trump's pull out from the Paris climate accord before going on about changing it "through voting", and ends up saying it's hard not to feel mother nature's rage.

How is OP's claim false?

Even subtly implying these recent hurricanes are due to pulling out of the Paris climate accord is retarded by itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

Even subtly implying these recent hurricanes are due to pulling out of the Paris climate accord is retarded by itself.

Yeah. And stupid too.
But she didn't.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Either it's a pointless Trump bashing or she implied it. In both cases it would be best for her to keep talking about her upcoming movie.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph

Either it's a pointless Trump bashing or she implied it.

So, you don't know what she actually said?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join