It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've been thinking that we should have a psychological conspiracie section, there are alot of things about aliens, religion and things that are psychological, brainwashing and memory wipes for example.
Anyways what do all of you think?

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Could be interesting. I can just imagine some of the stories we would here. Who knows, this could be helpful for those that have had strange/terrifying expierences as it might give them an area to try and cope and "compare notes".

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
That would be cool.

I've always been interested in psychology. I'm always curious
about why people act or think they way they do and how the
human mind works.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have always found the definition of this forum interesting on the main page:

Education & Media
Dicussion of methods of thought control and double speak.

That's "education" for you.

I would tend to place the behavioral sciences in there somewhere.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Do you have any particular case or issue you'd like to discuss first? Any particular references?

--BoX, PhD Clinical Psych

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hm, no not me, I don't have any psychological problems wrong with me...*Atleast none that would'nt get me brought before the world court*...Oh my, did I say that outloud? Oh well.

Anyways, since no Super/Moderator and/or Administrator has said that it's not something that will fly, I guess this thread could go on some more, atleast until the time that a Mod or Admin says it is'nt gonna happen.

Anyone else like the idea?

Oh, and Admins/Mods, your thoughts, Should this thread be put back on the shelf to gather dust, or be put in the store window?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think there should be a Psychology of Conspiracy forum, not quite the same thing you're suggesting.

As far as your idea, I think most of the topics that could fall under the heading 'psychological' also fit nicely into sections of ATS already well established, so, probably no go.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Interesting concept. A "the psychology of conspiracy theory" forum would be an interesting adjunct to ATS/BTS. This would be a place to confront conspiracy theories on a different level and, heaven knows, there are enough conspiracies that have sprung up around the practice of psychology itself.

I can easily envision this forum confronting such issues as:
- psychological issues surrounding conspiracy theories
- the conspiracy of the practice of psychology....is it really just "mind control", for example.

Of course, one does have to consider whether this forum might actually fall into medical issues. Nevertheless, any discussion of conspiracy theories, ufo's ,etc. would have to raise issues involving psychology. On the most basic level, one must consider insanity or paranoia -- psychological issues -- when examining issues confronted on this site. Interesting idea.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Maybe a forum dealing with psychological operations, or psy/ops, would be the way to go. Actually, the psychology of conspiracy theories, while interesting, would be far less important than the sociology of conspiracy theories, since it takes at least two to conspire. In fact, ATS is itself a study of the sociology of conspiracy theories.

I would imagine that there have been more than a couple of sociology students who have written a paper or two based on what they have found here, or if they haven't, they better get to work. It really isn't that often that one finds so much raw data in one convenient, easy-to-navigate location with links.

posted on Feb, 24 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
My college psychology is 25 years old ... but I'm in!!

Actually, I'm updating my schooling now. So much
has changed in 25 years. Back to school (at my
age! YIKES!!)

A psychology/sociology forum to discuss conspiracies .. to
discuss what is being discussed .... oh such fun!
I wonder if we can do diagnosis long distance
like this? Normally I'd say no, but what the heck.
Let's give it a try.

[edit on 2/24/2006 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join