It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marillion - Script For A Jester's Tear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Script For A Jester's Tear , Marillion's first and I would argue best album , here's three reasons why if you've not heard it you probably should.

Garden Party.

Chelsea Monday.

He knows you know.

Kick back , grab the poison of your choice and feast your ears.

edit on 8-9-2017 by gortex because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Star and flag for Marillion. My Dad used to play this in the car when I was just a few years old.

Great stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I have to admit, I was on the fence at first, but by the third song I think they are pretty damn good. No clue how to describe them, but they are obviously very talented. Thanks for sharing! New (old) bands are always welcome in my world! I honestly wonder how I missed them. Weird.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Awesome!

Somehow I just became familiar with Marillion and the Fish fellow just a few months ago.

Been digging it so far, love me some progressive(ish) music.

Thanks for sharing, I'll wait Til I get home to my headphones.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
"Garden Party" is one of my favorites. I love Fish Marillion. They opened for Rush a few dates here in the States, but the crowd was too stupid to recognise how great they were. I mean really. They just released a concept album (Misplaced Childhood- "Kayleigh" was on the radio quite a bit!) and were considered neo prog in a time where prog was (again) frowned upon by the hip and in crowd. Frak you, Lester Bangs.

But wait! Things changed. Now you have two nerdy progressive bands of yesterday - Marillion and Rush - once laughed at - now very popular and respected. One is in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (blah blah blah! Blah blah? Blah blah blah. Blah!!!) and the other plays gigs on cruise ship progrock festivals. It's like Revenge of the Nerds, only better. Joan Jett and her Runaways must be furious.

Off to listen to "Clutching at Straws" as I bake potatoes. Two different kinds of potatoes. Sugarmice in the rain potatoes...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 4003fireglo

We had baked potatoes tonight. With Tuna. Yum yum.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
" blah blah blah blah" lol

We need a progressive music sub forum.
I follow a few prog pages on Facebook and I have learned of a lot of new artists I would have never known, I'm sure ATS could be a similar resource...

a reply to: 4003fireglo

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
My favorite track by Marillion is The Web. It's on the Script For A Jester's Tear album.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I woke up the other day with Forgotten Sons in my mind. One of those WTF moments when you start thinking, 'Where the heck did THAT come from?'

Haven't heard it in years and who does? The only way to hear early Marillion is to either play them or stumble on a thread like this. Same day and it was there on my YT feed. What odds?

new topics

top topics

join