It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If an alien leader came down and showed videos of earth leaders captured...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I'd hand them a list of any they might have missed, and to enjoy their lunch because World Leaders are a delicacy and very tasty.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Personally.. id tell them Go ahead and kill them. no one actually cares about them. Then join th eempire. just give me a few regiments of space marines to command and id be happy to help them oppress any number of galactic civilizations.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've gone over this same kind of scenario multiple times in my head and on various forums. HELL YES, I would gladly join the Empire as long as they allowed Earth as an apprentice member or client state of some such. If they wanted us as Slaves...there's not much we could really do about it anyway, except hope for good treatment/a kind master, whining/complaining or resisting is just going to get people killed.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
If an alien leader came down and showed videos of earthly leaders captured and the world is conquered. It orders you to give up and join their empire, but, you have a gun and a swiss army knife.

Would you join it or try to kill the leader? The leader is right in front of you.

First and foremost.

If you live on earth and are oblivious to earth being conquered by aliens then there is nothing you can do.

It would be a mistake for a person such as this to have a any weapons.

Here is a better question,

How many times does one have to scratch an itch to make it stop itching?

edit on 11-9-2017 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

If an alien leader came down and showed videos of earthly leaders captured and the world is conquered. It orders you to give up and join their empire, but, you have a gun and a swiss army knife. Would you join it or try to kill the leader? The leader is right in front of you.

The leader of an alien race that has already captured the world's leaders would not be standing in front of me if he/she/it did not have 100% confidence that my pitiful weapons would be laughably useless.

One is a small piece of sharpened, shiny metal, and the other one is a heavier hunk of metal that shoots a single projectile using a small explosion of gunpowder. WHaaaa??

BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Consequently, I would immediately drop the gun (but I'll try to slip the knife back into my pocket and hold on to it as long as possible. I'm sure it'll come in handy over the next few days...).

Next, there is obviously something very important about the leader coming to see me, personally. Why me? There must be something the leader wants. Time to play a little poker...

The following day or two, assuming they believe I might be able to help them and they don't kill me, I try to gather the lay of the land (er, ship?), see if I can find any other humans (our captured world leaders perhaps). If not, I move into survival mode - do, say, agree to anything that'll keep me alive a little longer.

As time (and food, water, air, sanity) permits, I either settle into a new life among the stars (doesn't sound so bad), or, if my new comrades allow, a return to Earth for my final years...

Thanks for the thought experiment; maybe one day we'll know if any such scenario is even close to what we might truly expect...

Will we ever know?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
PRETTY stupid, getting close to me...MUST not be psychic..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join