It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats started the KKK, Racism and the Confederacy...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

REALLLY?
Dang I thought you worked on Bacterial stuff...
My logic is that of a recce squaddie and artist.
I am intelligent if impaired as I have said,but I don't see contradiction in my choice if perhaps my methods of communication effect a LIBERAL mindset.
I haven't heard many, who aren't liberal say this confuses them ,nor does it confuse someone outside a caste minded society at all.
I am TOO misanthropic now for instruction on manners anymore,THEY have proven ineffective.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Those claiming the party's switched, can you provide a list of prominent Republicans during the civil rights era who became Democrats?

Logically, if the parties actually switched, then we would have seen prominent Republicans who were the proponents of civil rights legislation change over to Democrats would we not? A switch has to be a two way street. We already know only three "dixiecrats" later changed to the Republican party, so we know factually it is false that party leadership switched. I find it highly unlikely that hordes of voters would switch but not party leadership.

I think what actually happened is that the right though supporting civil rights did not engage in identity politics. Meanwhile, Democrats went full tilt into identity politics and leftist politics in the 70s. Maybe as a guilt trip for embracing Dixiecrats?

You know like how some people live a Rock N Roll lifestyle and then all of a sudden have an epiphany and become batsh*t religious?

.... Take a damn look at party positions before and after. It becomes clear where the dixiecrat voting base went. Just because the same people were not voted in to GOP party after the switch this doesnt mean it didnt happen.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Hazardous1408

What I love about this conundrum of shifting labels and affiliations is just how the whole equation is framed by ''either / or'' memetic conditioning. Good guys or bad guys. Round all those others up and put em in a camp with a quick label.
I'm getting dizzy.

It's very binary. black or white yes no either or 0 1
I suppose it is more simple to explain things that way unfortunately people and the world are more complicated then just either or.

edit on 8-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
We should take this hate we have towards one another and focus it on the true enemy.

Our own ego self?

to quote pogo "i have seen the enemy and they are us"

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The only people marching with the KKK are former Obama/Occupy heroes, and the only people giving them a podium are the Democrats.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Then why don't we see them promoting conservative ideas?
The only thing I see them promoting is hate.
People associate them with the conservative right, but like I said before their ideas are not political in nature.
Only ignorance fear and hate.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

They know. Ask if anyone here had ancestors who fight for the confederacy. If they say yes, ask them which political party those ancestors were in. Case closed.

Enlightened my friend, it was you who inspired this thread...

I've seen you ask them questions and thought they deserved a thread because people were conveniently ignoring you.

Trust me, they're not ignoring me lol. They see my posts very clearly. They just feign ignorance because they think everyone else is too stupid to see what's going on. But make no mistake, they know full well what political party their confederate ancestors were with and they still proudly wave the confederate flag and claim it as their heritage.

I've even posted roughly the first 13 points from the party platform of one of the largest KKK branches, just so people can see who the KKK aligns with now (mods snipped it though). And I've repeatedly pointed out how today's literal Nazis marched w/other conservatives at "Unite the Right" rallies & how the right wingers here keep speaking up for them on "free speech" grounds. I don't think all conservatives are like that, but it's preposterous how some can't bring themselves to openly admit what's so easily provable.

edit on 8-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Have you actually checked their websites? They have official websites with their party platforms. I'd link them but it's literally against the T&C of this site. But do 2 quick searches for "kkk party platform" and "neo nazi party platform" and then form your own conclusions.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

My conclusions keep involving swearing and glorious visions of palpation, alone...so I just think poorly of people who are beneath the common man.
UNLESS one gets in arms reach and is loud.
Those who PREY only on the little guy, for EGO or skin.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

The Hate comes from both sides. Let's not mark all of a group as hateful, but go after those who are causing the hate.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

REALLLY?
Dang I thought you worked on Bacterial stuff...

I'm an IT admin for a mid sized pharmaceutical manufacturing company.

My logic is that of a recce squaddie and artist.
I am intelligent if impaired as I have said,but I don't see contradiction in my choice if perhaps my methods of communication effect a LIBERAL mindset.
I haven't heard many, who aren't liberal say this confuses them ,nor does it confuse someone outside a caste minded society at all.

I feel like you are taking offense because I didn't understand you.

I am TOO misanthropic now for instruction on manners anymore,THEY have proven ineffective.

To each his own I guess.

link   
Or maybe people just don't like being told how and what to think. They resist the PC culture because it forces everyone to conform to certain ideals with no wiggle room. I would even bet that a lot of people claim to be racist and wear the label proudly because it is the antithesis of what you are preaching. I would go even a step farther and say these self proclaimed racists have never and would never actively discriminate, but they are simply sick of being told what to do and how to think.

I wonder, with your non stop march towards totalitarianism, are you creating more and more self proclaimed racists every single day? You very well could be your own worst enemies.

link   

originally posted by: Templeton
The only people marching with the KKK are former Obama/Occupy heroes, and the only people giving them a podium are the Democrats.

You really need to up your deflection game. This was pretty weak.

3/10.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

They do! Most to all of them are nationalists or isolationists.

People associate them with the conservative right, but like I said before their ideas are not political in nature.

That's just because you don't want to see them for who they are.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Promoting a "white nation" is pretty political. No amount of spin changes that.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

CAN you IMAGINE an ALL white COUNTRY out of America?
The MUSIC and media would suck.
Clothing would be BORING and politeness would MANDATORY!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I can honestly say that at this point, I don't think any of it matters anymore. There are nutters everywhere. all 300 or so of the Neo-Nazi's, all 300 or so of the dedicated KKK people, all 300 or so of the Antifa crowd. My numbers may be a bit low although I must say, I've never met anyone who's a card carrying member of any of these nutter groups of which the SPLC is mortally afraid. I mean, at this point, the membership in the Boy Scouts of America probably greatly outnumbers all these groups combined.

What's different today? What's different is that back in the 1980's or 1990's, before the Internet was invented by Al Gore, the KKK or the Neo-Nazi's would do a rally in some town in Ohio, all 100 or so would show up and NONE of the local citizenry paid any attention to them whatsoever. They would barely get a mention at a national news outlet; there might be one, maybe two pictures and that was all. Then they show up at Charlottesville and because Trump's in the White Hut..........its a big damn deal. Only......really, it isn't.

All the media coverage is pumping oxygen into an insignificant portion of the population, fueling their movement which in reality is just...........dumb!

Furthermore and in conclusion, I honestly believe there doesn't need to be anymore threads on the topic.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

And who are still the racists..? I'll take the Confederacy's descendants over the left's racists any day.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

They have official websites with their party platforms.

I really have to ask.........you do realize that they're a bunch of nuts, right? I mean, I could come up with a so-called party platform for the "Spatially Challenged Party of Concentricity" and what difference would it make just because there was a web site for it with a Party Platform? Who would listen to them? Nuts, all three. I just don't understand the furor over a small colony of loons circulating at a membership rate of less than 1/10 of 1% of the population!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I'm all for ignoring the democrats ancient history.
It's irrelevant to today.
But I want the same standard applied to America's slavery ancient history.

Either forget all past sins or remember all past sins. No cherrypicking.

There's a serious flaw in the thinking behind this sentiment. It's difficult but try looking at things dispassionately.

What became of slaves after the Civil War? Did society bust up plantations and redistribute the land? Did we give reparations to slaves from the ill-begotten fortunes of slave masters? Well that was the original plan — 40 acres and a mule — but Lincoln's successor overturned that program immediately and returned all the lands to the plantation owners.

No, what happened was that former slaves, who had been denied education, who had never had an opportunity to accumulate wealth or property, went back to the fields as sharecroppers, worked as house servants and kitchen staff and any other lowly job deemed acceptable for what were in effect, second class citizens.

Starting around the turn of the century, there were three great waves of migration to industrial cities of the North, the last in no small part fueled by new immigration laws — a form of social engineering intended to preserve what was deemed an ideal mixture — that choked off the flow of cheap immigrant labor. Poor, uneducated people moved to Northern ghettos where they were met with hostility, particularly from poor whites and in the Agrarian South, those who remained were brutally oppressed by assholes who were busily littering public spaces with Confederate statues.

It's impossible for me to summarize a century and a half of American history in the span of a single post. There was of course the Great Depression, the New Deal, WWII and the Women's Lib beginning in earnest. Then the height of the Civil Rights movement, a period of intense racial strife, the assassination of MLK, JFK and two landmark pieces of legislation which finally brought about an ostensible equality under the law — the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Voting Rights Act of 1965.

Then what? Less than a decade later, we hit peak manufacturing employment and then started shedding manufacturing jobs, leading to the Rust Belt. Food stamp programs were created. The GOP adopted the "Southern Strategy" and terms like "white guilt" became mainstays of "conservative" rhetoric. The "War on Drugs" is kicked off again and at the same time, the CIA is secretly facilitating the import of drugs into impoverished neighborhoods. Reagan comes along and introduces the trope of the "welfare queen." Mandatory minimum sentences become a thing again (after having been introduced in the 50s and repealed in the 70s). Clinton comes along and the situation gets even worse — funding for privatized prisons and more mandatory minimum sentences to help fill them up. The bulk of offshoring occurs, wages continue to stagnate. The wage gap that had been shrinking begins to widen again.

This isn't "ancient history." This is how how we got to where we are today. Are you or I personally responsible? Not in particular. Does that change anything? No but let's not kid ourselves about the reality of the world around us. What we're living through now are the results of integration that was stymied or outright thwarted at every possible turn.

It's all well and good to talk about the "sins of the past" but what about he sins of the 80's and the 90's? What about identity politics that perpetuates it today? Hell, I was in a thread the other day where a "conservative" poster said this about black college students at Ole Miss:

"They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back."

That post got 33 stars. I believe exactly *1* "conservative" poster had the balls to say something about it. Ironically, the very same people who promote racist bull# like the above are the same bunch who will spew twaddle about "klanbakes."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join