It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need 100 People who believe and have faith.'Reducing winds to at-least 149 mph' Saving Florida

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

This is completely off topic but since we're both here and listening, do you think it's acceptable for Christians to take into account biblical writings which were removed during councils and for any other reason? like the Dead Sea Scrolls, Book of Enoch Etc.

Well technically that's old testament which is not what christians generally go by....

However imho all of that stuff that was left out in order to maintain a "control" mechanism should be included or at least researched

I've read the enochian txts and they are FASCINATING!!!!

People should really read the Torah as well, so much in there that's not in "traditional" new testiment readings

I'm almost positive the Torah is only the Old Testament. Christians don't go by OT? Are you sure about all of this? Maybe you are confused?
edit on 9/9/2017 by sputniksteve because: Added a quote for clarification

edit on 9/9/2017 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

I agree whole heartedly, I've also read the Book of Mormon as well, and like other txt again it's very interesting...

I'm sort of a religious sponge, as it were. I've read through the books of a lot of religions , and for me it's just enriched my own connection w my "creator"

I believe a huge proble w a lot of people who have a "faith" is that it's not a faith at all for them, they just recite "doctrines" with no real grasp on what faith REALLY is, which had nothing to do pummeling people with their religion, or using bullet points to justify their ignorance...

You can have faith w out "religion". In fact I would venture to say , faith OVER religion is the path ....

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that blind folded fear - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I had a feeling you'd say something like that. I'm not a Christian, I'm agnostic but I honestly feel like there's definitely something going on that I can't comprehend. I'd love to sit and have a few drinks with one and talk about that sort of thing.

Proper dialogue and the ability to be open and share each others ideas and thoughts is something that seems to be rare these days and when I think about it, I know so few people in my life anymore who could actually be a part of that. It's something I really yearn for. You know those absurd conversations you have after a joint or two or a few whiskeys, that but no booze or pot necessarily needed.

You get to understand someone else as well as broaden your own way of thinking, there isn't enough of it done.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Haha I absolutely understand where you are coming from it really is fascinating and I really enjoy talking faith and religion w people of all backgrounds....

I truly believe , like you, that in doing so is the actual key to enlightening our species, and being able to find answers and common ground w each other ....

And wouldn't you know it, if we did that means the answers lay in us....we are all the key to our own spiritual awakening If only we could stop fighting about it!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Here you go , mind you , you have to come to Australia to buy it . No 18 year but plenty of others .

www.mybottleshop.com.au...

The 18 is actually better than the 23 and you're not going to trick me into coming to Oz so you can feed me to a dingo like you people do with your children.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

No im not confused , yes the Old Testament is in the Bible, but christians in general go by the New Testament

Yes the Torah consists of the first 5 books of the Old Testament "if I remember correctly" and other oral traditions not found in the Old Testament of the"bible"

The new Testament was written by "christians" and is usually the one taught from or referenced to in regards to Christianity ...

Refer to the reformation of the church and New Testament theology in regards to christians

So nope not confused 😉

edit on 9/9/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That's interesting. I would still beg to differ but I suppose maybe you just worded the post I quoted very strangely.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Irma giving the bird to arrogant humans. love it!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's that time lets all pray.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Think you guys could hold hands and focus on giving me money?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

You want people to pray?

What happened to

The deal was if I can get 100 people to simply believe

edit on 992017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

Oh *enter choice here*, please redirect or change the weather. Because even though we no longer live in caves, we still believe you send it to us as a punishment, like the fundies believe we get earthquakes for being nice to the gays. Or at least we generate the weather with our thoughts and emotions.

In *enter choice here* name, Amen *or, choice of conclusion so that god knows you're finished and doesn't think you yelling at the TV is part of it*.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Smart pig.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I'm perfectly OK with the idea that mass meditations can alter things in the real world, or at least alter the probabilities of things happening.

I really don't want to work with someone with a holier-than-thou "you humans" attitude though. Get over yourself.

I've been in mass meditations with far nicer, less stuck-up people.

An attitude that works is more of a "togetherness" a "we humans" if you like. All you are doing in this thread and the other is making it seem as though you believe the worlds problems are everyone else fault but yours.
edit on 10-9-2017 by Vasteel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
This is funny. You're funny.

Thanks for the laugh, I needed to start the day like this.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Congratulations ImmortalLegend527. Thanks to prayer, the Lord used Cuba's terrain to lower the wind speed of Irma. The damage to Florida is far less than what it would have been otherwise!
edit on 9/11/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Nothing Burger

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

It really is a shame that phrase was ever introduced to the world. Every time someone uses it I weep a littlest bit.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Wow. That's a lot to take in and process... it will take me some time to ponder before I could even begin to respond! But it's clear that you have set quite the task for yourself. My thoughts, love and prayers are with you. I would only add to take good care of yourself, and to do no harm and to serve divine will -- not thine will.

Brightest blessings -- Bo

P.S. My apologies for the late response.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"Last night I made a deal with Mother Earth and the Universe. The deal was if I can get 100 people to simply believe, at 3:00 am Est Saturday.. that the winds will reduce to a wind gust between 148 and 156. This was the best deal that I could get for you humans. "

Could you not just get 100 likes on facebook?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join