It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Rodman says Trump’s “crazy,” offers advice on North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ok here we go round 356 or so.

I typed Dennis Rodman's name into a search engine, out of pure curiosity and found he'd recently, 17 hrs ago, made a statement in regards to the President of America along with Kim the Destroyer.

I will remain neutral for now because i'd rather the facts as apposed to opinion. So, what's the deal with Rodman and his fascination with Kim? And why does it matter. Should we care what a basketball star has to say, and is he being 'had' by Kim or, is he speaking honestly.

Dennis Rodman, two-time NBA All-Star and possibly the last man who can stop the North Korean nuclear threat, is offering President Donald Trump his diplomatic services to ease tensions.

Dennis Rodman, two-time NBA All-Star and possibly the last man who can stop the North Korean nuclear threat, is offering President Donald Trump his diplomatic services to ease tensions. During a Wednesday interview with “Good Morning Britain,” Rodman expressed his concern with Trump’s personality interfering with solutions between Washington and Pyongyang.
boingboing.net...

Making a thread on this was spontaneous, i'm slightly regretting it now. But still, there are people who would like to know what this man thinks. Right? right.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Piers Morgan and Dennis Rodman saying Trump is crazy......smh.
To our British friends....I'm happy Morgan is not here anymore...I'm sorry that You have to put up with him now.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes he was a trifle wasn't he. I will remain neutral though, for now. I will only say that i like what the US President is doing so far, and do not miss the last one, at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Dennis and lil Kim have a huge man crush on each other, lil Kim is also a basketball fanatic, but hey anything to stop a war, I live too damn close to any active fighting.. Like they say, it:s so crazy it just might work.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Dennis and lil Kim have a huge man crush on each other, lil Kim is also a basketball fanatic, but hey anything to stop a war, I live too damn close to any active fighting.. Like they say, it:s so crazy it just might work.

I know right, Dennis could be used as a decoy to destroy Kim, sparing us all a damned war. A basket ball that ignites, would do it. A night on the court, a few beers and boom, no more Kim. I hope Dennis is watching closely. How can a man hang around a dictator who's killed half his family simply for disagreeing with him? They may both be delusional.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Nice, Dennis Rodman in between Trump and Kim seems quite sane. Scary times.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Clinton, Trump and now this clown
Thankyou America

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's like living in the d@mn twilight zone! How did we get here again?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Is it the business of any other nation than the USA to have a say on how you execute your prisoners?

How about who your special forces and alphabet agencies assassinate?

I'm just trying to build some perspective here btw, I'm not saying what Kim Kim has done in the past is OK. I'm saying the killing of North Koreans by other North Koreans might not be any of our business.

I mean. The US didn't really give a damn about similar circumstances in Soviet Russia or Communist China. Smaller weaker nations are fair game though?

Attempting dialogue is a smart thing. North Korea hasn't invaded anyone nor annexed a nation as of yet. Keep isolating them, keep making their people suffer and you'll only add to their resolve.

Offer the olive branch.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Chicago Bulls all defensive champion, to USA vs NK all defense strategy champion. Why not send in Dennis if he is willing to try and open diplomatic channels. Anything in an attempt at diplomacy with NK. It would be the bigest shutdown block of his career.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Normally, i'd say no it isn't. But because of the Internet and technology, it's become our business. So watching someone like Kim destroy his own people and then toss nukes around at peril, to annoy the world around it, isn't something we can simply just ignore. We live in an age where ignorance is no longer bliss.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

What's good for the goose is good for the gander?

He's not tossing nukes around, they were underground detonations, since above ground detonations are outlawed. In North Korea I may add, again it's hypocrisy to say they can't after the great five collectively detonated 2000+ ABOVE GROUND.

I could argue that our forcing of isolation on North Korea is killing just as many people as the regime kills.

Ignorance clearly is bliss. Since most Americans don't give a damn about who your government kills. But killing in a far off land is the height of importance.

It's South Korea that has the final say and in a case of utmost irony, they actually want to open up dialogue.

North Korea has law and order, of the strictest (and most detestable in my taste) kind.

I know it isn't the thread for it but where is American outrage at places without law and order, where villagers are massacred... Like Uganda, I seldom ever here about Myanmar at ATS nor from your government.

Is that because your media makes it unworthy? Or is it due to your national mindset being hypocritical?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

He's playing with fire, and it's making other nations nervous, underground overground or other, he's playing with very dangerous toys right now.

As for your statement I believe you said this

Ignorance clearly is bliss. Since most Americans don't give a damn about who your government kills. But killing in a far off land is the height of importance.

You're way out of line. If you're going to assume most Americans don't give a damn who their Government kills, atleast offer something solid to back that number up.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Dennis Rodman, along with the Rock, is one of the intelligence community's most useful people in Hollywood. In Johnson's case, check his recent filmography, and notice that he's been used in a promotional propaganda film for the CIA, where his name is (hint, hint) 'Bob Stone':

Central Intelligence

It's actually a really funny, entertaining movie. And pure propaganda.

Anyway, the only important difference here is that Dennis Rodman isn't funny and can't act. But for defusing difficult dictators, the man's got the right stuff!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Personally, Rodman is a nothingburger (yeah I said it).. Who gives this piece of fluff any credit?

I wish he'd disappear into his own delusions and we never heard of him again. And lil kim.

scary when he keeps making news for his penchant for a despot.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hey, if Dennis says Trump is crazy you can take that to the bank. No one knows crazy better than Dennis.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Dennis Rodman is a freak .....Mr.Wildcard...Mr.Independant...Mr.Screw-the World......just as deluded and egotistical as lil Kimmy...spending their lives forcing us all to endure their "individual stench" or cries for attention.

Who cares if you can still tap-dance after you have filled your diaper?....these clowns have nothing to offer the world....they are the warts on humanities arse on their best days.

Nice to see both mentioned together.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

He's definitely playing with fire, obviously more nuclear weapons in the world isn't a good thing, the rhetoric they spew out is dangerous. But then diplomacy hasn't had a look in for a long time. Our method isn't working either. The baby throwing toys out of the pram is a good analogy but then again the protestor tying himself to a fence is too. Both are forcing interaction.

You can't give a damn about something you know nothing about. Since most Americans get their news from TV and radio, like most westerners. They just don't really hear about mass killings and brutal regimes other than the ones they're told about.

Maybe I came off on the wrong foot, I apologise for that. Again though, most Americans and westerners don't know about serious pressing issues elsewhere, the people our governments kill and allow people to kill.

We keep getting into the wrong wars.

I agree, North Korea is serious. But at the same time they have a desire to defend themselves. They cannot field an army like any of it's neighbours, they've consistently acquired cheap and effective weaponry. The nukes, the rhetoric, all of it. It's to prop up the doomed nation that's North Korea.

Doomed in defence, doomed in suppressing revolutions, doomed.

Offer them a way out.

Let's not forget the US show of strength in the region, nor how devastating (in theory or practice) anti-missile technology is.

Politics seldom ever has the best interests of the people at heart.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Dennis Rodman, two-time NBA All-Star and possibly the last man who can stop the North Korean nuclear threat, is offering President Donald Trump his diplomatic services to ease tensions.

He should talk to the president instead. Not that thats going to do any good, Trump isn't in charge, the Pentagon is.

He won't be heard, the marching band is playing too loud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join