It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens an ElectroMagnetic Pulse -EMP- Attack Against The USA - Horrific Damage.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NuclearDamocles

Wow.. I didn't know we were so under-prepared. No wonder President Trump wants to get rid of the "debt ceiling". With so many things to be done in this country, Trillions of dollars are needed.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

The war-mongering mainstream media never replays the sound-bites, but President Trump often says that the military option(s) will only be used if diplomacy fails, or if Kim Jong attacks first.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Actually yes. The United States is in need of trillions of dollars of infrastructure improvements, military and civilian. In comparison the national debt is a sideshow concern. It should be noted that WW2, the Cold War build up under Reagan and 9/11 all cost MASSIVE amounts of funds and increased the debt. I doubt there are many Americans who would let the Nazis, Soviets or Al-Qaeda win regardless.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissConstrood
Here's a thought, and don't burn me for this it's just a thought, why not make peace with them? Many countries have nukes now and I don't see what makes him any more dangerous than the rest. What is the worst that could happen?

From a logical viewpoint, you're 100% correct. After all, who are we to tell a country that they can't have nuclear weapons, when we have 13,000 of them!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Peace through perseverance can succeed if we allow it to.

Those calling for death and destruction, I hope you get all that you put out into the world in abundance. Imagine if North Kora really has no intention of attacking at all, they just keep spewing threats... If we attack first, the deaths of the millions will be on your hands.

And I will be one of the many, and believe me there will be many, holding you accountable. There will be no groveling out of it, saying you didn't know, trying to blame the military or the government. Some people have consistently screamed for warfare, blood and death. They will be the voices I remember when the final numbers of millions of innocent dead come in.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MissConstrood

The problem with North Korea is that they are poorer than other previous nuclear powers. Some people say they are irrational or fanatical but that isn't the case. Really it comes down to resources. The North Korean GDP is only 40 billion USD a year. As a result one of North Korea's major exports is weapons technology. The great fear is that North Korea will export actual nuclear weapons or near nuclear weapons for funds. They've already exported missile and nuclear technology before. In fact a North Korean warhead ending up in Tehran would only be one Il-76 flight away.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NuclearDamocles

I'm perplexed at why we borrow money, when the USA has the ability to print money. But that's a subject for another thread, another day.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I'm not going to derail this thread but it all comes down to macro-economics and monetary policy.

Long story short we get foreigners to let us pay for things with pieces of paper while we use the actual products. Or we get foreigners to invest in our capital assets and provide American jobs.

It isn't a perfect system but there is a logic behind it.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

Thankfully, more U.S. leaders are seeing North Korea as you do. Even the war-loving Senators John McCain and Lindsay Graham are against pre-emptively striking North Korea at this point.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
NK wont do crap. If they strike first they are the bad guys and we have Russian and China on our side. They get glassed. If we strike first we are the bad guys and NK has Russia and China on their side. Who wants to go first. Even if Hammey Sammich Kimmy Boy does EMP us (yes we're screwed then) all of our important military # is shielded and he gets glassed anyway.

Everybody knows all this ^^^ Kim, Putin, proly even Trump (his generals know this). What you warhawks are asking for is Trump to throw a tantrum and launch, sending us into WWIII vs. billions of opponents armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons, how do you think that is going to end?

Right now they are a little dog stuck on the porch barking at us, so what? Trapped in his own little crappy kingdom of his own design. Heck, he can't even take on SK or Japan without the same results as the top of the post. Guam, super safe (except the snakes and the ghosts in the forest that will slap you!).

Now... the China petro yeun (if that is even real), that might cause some crazed warhawks to think it's worth the risk. But lets sit back and see where that goes for now. No use jumping at shadows.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

As a South African unaffected by the NK issue,i have to say i agree with you.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I think we rely more on our current aircraft flying around to be able to move in and take down incoming missiles.

Depending on where off the coast the ICBM/Nuke is launched from, there is a few minutes for it to reach an appropriate height and then detonate. Some of our aircraft can make it from CA to NY in minutes.

Intercept and destroy is more than likely our hidden defense.

This goes without speculating on potential satellite defense systems, or hidden "Patriot" style missile systems.

Don't discount NORAD either. They'll be the first ones to know, provided they're not playing war games that morning.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

A pre-emptive strike out of the blue is bad because it would destroy the broader U.S alliance system around the world. I don't want to destroy NATO, NORAD, or our East Asian alliances over Chairman Kim's bull#. At the same time a military solution is the only option for disarming the regime. Thus the only proper strategy I've been able to work out (and it seems as if the DoD has worked out as well) is a increase in posturing and assets in the AOR. As pressure increases a bandwagon effect should take hold on U.S. allies and we will have the casus belli we need to end the regime. We are already somewhat seeing this effect with the South Korean Prime Minister becoming more hawkish and the Japanese opening up to the idea of U.S. nuclear weapons on their land.

I should note I hate war, but this is a case where we will face one whether we want to or not. The only question is now or later. POTUS has a bad set of cards in front of him but military action under certain circumstances is the least bad IMO.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

or...

The US, Russia, China, and all other major countries play the ultimate wild card to steal the war drum thunder, to save us from a seemingly possible nuclear confrontation.

Change the paradigm, because hey, they're probably watching.

*shrug

edit on 8-9-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
America isnt afraid to go to Afghanistan, iraq, syria, libya..... there manufactured wars. North korea is different, this is real war. Dont expect anything to happen

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

Maybe? I see your point but it ignores the Civil War, WW1, 2 and arguably Korea and Vietnam. The United States has put many lives on the line before to defend its national interest. It would be unwise to dismiss the possibility simply because a few decades have passed from Vietnam.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
If an EMP attack happened or a major solar event knocked out power nationwide, how long would it be until we have hundreds of nuclear facilities melting down spewing radiation actoss the globe? How long would it be before the US retaliates with nuclear strikes on North Korea? We may be preparing diplomatic and military options for an attack to take out this NK threat. I suspect we would give it at least a few months. NK has outdated military equipment and the US will likely decimate North Koreas military within a few days of war.

In the event of war, Kim could decide to launch nukes at South Korea, Japan, Hawaii, etc before he surrenders. Millions could die before we put an end to his stupid regime. Millions would not be happy. I read cars have a lot of metal and are somewhat EMP resistant but they may stall and might not start if the EMP fried the starter electronics. Old vehicles would probably work. The equipment to replace the starter electronics are likely stored in metal warehouses and would likely be ok. The problem would be gas stations would have no power and dead cars would block highways. After a few days of no power, no water, no food deliveries, mobs would use guns to fight for survival taking water, food, etc however they can from anyone with it. Even those who prepped might be in trouble if they can't hold off 100 or more armed people. Unfortunately we need an effective plan to restore power and confidence that most will not die of thirst and starvation. We have yet to get that confidence from elected authorities.

Maybe Trump and congress are working on a plan but when they can't even seem to agree on things like health care that the poor can afford without threatening to cut off help with payments they can't afford as if that will punish insurance companies, then it doesn't inspire confidence. I hear elected officials are thinking about cutting payments to insurance companies but these companies will just stop making the subsidy payments for the poor making the poor lose health insurance and be stuck with huge fines for not having it. In my opinion, our officials are idiots when it cones to fixing things. EMP preparation? Maybe we have it for the president and congress but not for the people. The market isn't even working on it because people don't have resources to prep for a mad max world.

Our saving grace might be Kim and other enemies are aware our nuclear submarines and nukes will still work and avenge our deaths in the event we die from an EMP attack. I consider an EMP attack to be a nuclear attack on the US and that will be countered with a nuclear strike. My hope is that the US government does effective prepping for it that helps mitigate any lasting loss of life or death. Then Trump presents a plan and we implement it.
I heard the transformers that take 2 years to replace are made in China. A trade embargo could mean we don't get power back until lifted. Considering we need a lot of replacement transformers in a worst case scenario, it looks bad. We need a stop gap plan to get temporary power restored for at least 8 hours a day across the country and keep those nuke facilities from melting down. The best way to stop an attack is to prepare for it and make such an attack insignificant in my opinion.

Preparing and defending against an EMP attack will be expensive but aren't the lives and US economy as is worth trillions of dollars? Spending a trillion to prep on a national level is no different than spending a trillion on the Iraq war except we are defending ourselves making war less likely. New laws could be passed making electronics in cars etc more EMP resistant. If electronics can be made EMP resistant. I'm not sure. Our cities might burn down if an EMP attack starts fires and fire trucks can't respond.

We have a lot of smart people in this country. We can come up with a plan and start on it if the people demand it. I'm afraid the solution to prevent an EMP attack is to prepare to take out the threat in 2018. However that will be just one threat. We can't take out the sun and every other possible source of an EMP catastrophe.
edit on 8/9/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity....

if we were to hit them first with an EMP, could that potentially fry their launch/guidance systems enough to prevent them from getting anything off the ground?

If so, do you think that would be enough to satisfy the rest of the world? It would theoretically take care of the threat while saving South Korea and would prevent an all out war.

Other than going boom, I don't know anything about our missiles and their capabilities, so I my questions may not even be possible.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
once Kim Jong Un uses nukes he's finished

and he knows it. they are empty threats as long as he doesn't get forced into a corner.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RainyState

That would still count as a preemptive strike.. Not good in the eye of the rest of the world.

Just curious what if the US start pushing China even more to do the deed? I mean there is already a radioactive leak from the last test that might carry over to China endangering 100 million of chinese people. In my opinion this has to be solved diplomatically but not towards NK. China needs to solve this asap! I liked the fact President Trump is doing that as well. This needs to be pushed even more.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join