It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preliminary 8.0-magnitude earthquake off the coast of Mexico.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: jhn7537

The solar eclipse certainly was telling us something it seems with hurricanes, wildfires and quakes soon following.

The solar eclipse did not tell us anything. This is an EQ that happened at a point where two major tectonic plates meet. There is nothing unusual about an EQ ina spot such as this.

Solar eclipses happen all of the time. In fact, we have had TEN total solar eclipses since 2000 and numerous other partial eclipses. They are not rare or a sign of things to come at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
At least 32 people have been killed by this Mexico quake.
www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: cnoland

The solar eclipse certainly was telling us something it seems with hurricanes, wildfires and quakes soon following.

The solar eclipse did not tell us anything. This is an EQ that happened at a point where two major tectonic plates meet. There is nothing unusual about an EQ ina spot such as this.

Solar eclipses happen all of the time. In fact, we have had TEN total solar eclipses since 2000 and numerous other partial eclipses. They are not rare or a sign of things to come at all.

I'm beginning to believe there is a correlation between giant solar flares and large EQs... It seems whenever we have giant solar flares (like a x-10 class) we see an uptick in EQs and extreme weather... I wouldn't call solar flares like the recent one common, I believe its the largest since 2007/2008..

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
At least 32 people have been killed by this Mexico quake.
www.msn.com...

I have a feeling that number is going to grow, too... a 8+ EQ in that region, w/ the structural integrity of the buildings being tested has me feeling that number will be growing in the coming days...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have been wondering about FTE s(Flux Transfer Events) and earthquakes myself.

A Large CME and a FTE might make for a very large Magnetic Portal.

Scientist do know that an FTE can be as large as 4 times the diameter of earth.
The magnetic portals open every 8 minutes. I think that scientist have found
that all or most planets exhibit "Magnetic Rope".

Link for those who might want to start some research.

science.nasa.gov...

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

That looked more like a transformer blowing up and some lighting.

Is there a thunderstorm in the area right now?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I'm just saying that a lot has gone on already since the solar eclipse. Strong Hurricanes, Wildfires and a big quake, not to mention what had preceeded these event including more wildfires & mudslides & i think a few more sinkholes

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I'm beginning to believe there is a correlation between giant solar flares and large EQs... It seems whenever we have giant solar flares (like a x-10 class) we see an uptick in EQs and extreme weather... I wouldn't call solar flares like the recent one common, I believe its the largest since 2007/2008..

Solar flares would be possible considering they can cause heat flashes within the areas of earth that they impact.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

In which case the magnitude of the EQ and Hurricanes would be similar to previous solar flares with only the occurance matching the flares. However the magnitude is greater and as far as I am aware the solar flares are not getting larger. What is increasing is the amount of energy at the surface of the Earth ...oops.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Friday 11 March 2011, a magnitude 9.0–9.1 occurred at 05:46 UTC, with the epicentre approximately 70 kilometres (43 mi) east of the Oshika Peninsula of Tōhoku and the hypocenter at an underwater depth of approximately 29 km (18 mi)...
wiki

Extreme Solar event's that happened before the above event:
Feb. 15, 2011:

Mar. 9, 2011:

This week, Sep. 6, 2017:

spaceweather

Two conclusions at least:
The sunspot position from Feb15-2011 and Sep.6-2017, are close.
There is a plausible and interesting relation between extreme solar event's and big earthquakes.

Speculation:
If the earthquake from 2011 could be correlated with a smaller X solar flare (but notice that before the big one japan eathquake, there were two X solar flares in less than one month period) in that time, could the big One earthquake still to come, because of the X9 solar flare?...

Notice also that the first X solar flare from 2011 happened 4 years after the last one, that could be correlated to the 2007/08 you are referring to... I don't know...
edit on 8/9/2017 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is a reply to a post made in the duplicate thread that was deleted. The post:

I just peeked at my stations loaded in GEE in the Pacific Northwest, and went, "whoa! Something big just went off."

This is showing amplitude of 3.5 millimeters/s and this seismometer is near Cabo San Lucas, about 900 miles away from epicenter.

You know, I really am beginning to suspect that big CMEs DO somehow trigger big quakes. Talk to me JadedandCynical, I'm ready to listen.

edit on 9/8/2017 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

Hey there Olivine, long time!

Funny you should ask, we've kinda been chewing this over in TA's livestream.

Data we have:

M 8.1 - 87km SW of Pijijiapan, Mexico
2017-09-08 04:49:21 UTC 15.068°N 93.715°W 69.7 km depth

USGS

And:

G3 Watch for 6 and 7 September, 2017 due to CME Arrival
published: Thursday, September 07, 2017 00:26 UTC

The geomagnetic storm watch for the 6 and 7 September, 2017 UTC-days has been upgraded to G3 (Strong). The G3 Watch is in anticipation of the expected arrival of a coronal mass ejection (CME) that took place in association with an M5 flare (R2-Moderate radio blackout) observed on 4 September at 2033 UTC (1633 ET). Current analysis and forecasts reflect CME arrival late on 6 September, 2017; with CME effects continuing into 7 September. Keep checking our SWPC website for updates to the forecast.

G3 Watch for 6 and 7 September, 2017 due to CME Arrival

And:

G3 Watch: 7 through 9 September, 2017 due to CME Effects
published: Saturday, September 09, 2017 01:55 UTC

The G3 (Strong) geomagnetic storm watch for the 7 September UTC-day remains in effect due to coronal mass ejection (CME) arrival and effects from the 4 September CME. Additionally, a G3 Watch is now in effect for the 8 and 9 September UTC-days in anticipation of the arrival of another CME associated with the X9.3 flare (R3-Strong radio blackout) on 6 September at 1202 UTC (0802 ET). Analysis indicates likely CME arrival late on 8 September into early 9 September. Keep checking our SWPC website for updates to the forecast.

G3 Watch: 7 through 9 September, 2017 due to CME Effects

Now, the C9.3 flare arrived after the Mexico quake occurred I believe, but the CME that came in associated with the M5 flare, arrived shortly before:

Shock Arrival on 6 Sep at 2308 UTC from 4 September CME
published: Saturday, September 09, 2017 01:56 UTC

The coronal mass ejection (CME) from 4 September, 2017 arrived at the DSCOVR spacecraft on 6 September at 2308 UTC (1908 ET). A sudden impulse was observed at several of Earth's magnetometers on 6 September at 2348 UTC (1948 ET) due to effects from the shock arrival at Earth.

Shock Arrival on 6 Sep at 2308 UTC from 4 September CME

I know, I know, correlation does not equal causation. And what about all the other quakes that don't have an associated CME?

Here are some relevant excerpts and links:

This work examines the relation between solar activity and seismicity study by considering observations on global and local earthquake events in prolonged period and most recent solar cycles. Various solar wind parameters are considered, which include the solar wind speed, solar wind dynamic pressure and solar wind input energy. In our attempts to explain the physical mechanism of solar activity and seismicity, we are focussing on geomagnetic pulsations extracted from the ground magnetometer and the effect of Lorentz force.

Possible correlation between solar activity and global seismicity (direct .pdf link)

Under these conditions a 400 nT (G4-class) solar event is estimated to induce an Einstein-De Haas torque of 1.2 x 1011 N-m. Such large torques may trigger earthquakes along faults where tectonic stresses are close to the failure threshold. We therefore anticipate that due to Einstein-de Haas coupling, there may be an increase in seismic activity within a relatively short time window after arrival of large magnetic storms.

Einstein-De Haas Coupling of Geomagnetic Storms to the Earth's Crust

By using the method of Fast Fourier Transform to study the periodicity in M(sub)s for the last hundred years, periodicities of 4; 4.5; 5.5; 9; 11 and 13.5 were found for earthquakes. Some of these results were previously obtained.
It can be inferred that there is a connection between solar and seismic activities.

This study does not include the prediction of earthquakes. In order to do so, it should also be taken into account the Sun-Earth interaction as an extra variable.

Application of the Cross Wavelet Transform to
Solar Activity and Major Earthquakes
Occurred in Chile
(direct .pdf link)

In fact, as the authors demonstrated that all M6+ earthquakes that occur on a global scale are always preceded by an increase of the solar wind proton density near Earth, the solar and geomagnetic activity monitoring is a seismic prediction method that has proven reliable for understanding when we can expect a recovery of the M6+ global seismic and could be used internationally as an indicator of seismic risk in the countries where there are potentially destructive earthquakes and tsunamis. While, the Earth's electromagnetic field monitoring activities can provide a
methodology of scientific investigation which would allow to understand exactly where the strong earthquake would strike through the use of electromagnetic monitoring stations able to understand where come from the pre-seismic radio emission of "local" type [28]. This technology is known as "radio direction finding" (RDF), and is also widely used in amateur fields.

SELF-VLF Electromagnetic Signals and Solar Wind Proton Density Variations that Preceded the M6.2 Central Italy Earthquake on August 24, 2016(direct .pdf link)

The data are not conclusive, but they are suggestive.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wasn't there an earthquake in China a couple of weeks ago. This one was at midnight local time as well, although the actual trigger for a large earthquake would be whatever point was snagging and what direction the two plates were angled at, as well as the flexion of the two plates.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The earthquake in mexico was orchestrated by the EU to foment illegal migration from the areas hit by the earthquake and into the US.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Not this BS again? Give it a rest.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I just heard that a 7.1. earthquake has hit Mexico City. Hopefully the deaths will be minimal, or none.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join