It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What God and why?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

Setanta (Cu Chulain) is in some stories Lug's son. His spear (the Gael Bolg). This was clearly Lug ( i prefer the H free spelling).

I know the Tuatha very well, I've been studying them around 20 to 25 years (I'm 45).

I know the rough area I was left. But the exact? Nah. That is not really possible to find. Also there will be no granite Monoliths. I'm in New Zealand (I've lived in the USA) . I'm also not big on ley lines
It is just not my thing.

So in the 1980s Lug came into my sphere of notice, over time An Daga and Ogma came in. 2008, the Morrigan (An Morrigan) came into it, in a huge way. Most recently the Gaulish Gods are sort of visiting.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Interesting weasel words. He clearly made a judgement on the veracity of my gods and path.
edit on 13-9-2017 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

You actually did neighbour. You made a big fat judgment on my path. You can't prove your path is the only one, while I accept yours is a possible outcome!

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Probably because you can trace it all the way back to Babylon (making Babylon the Great a fitting name for all false religion). From Babylon the myth of the immortal soul spread to Egypt, Persia, Greece and on and on across the globe.

I'll have to disagree with that statement. The Mesopotamian and Israelite views are the same, because the Israelites drew from Mesopotamian views. The Greeks received from Thracian Orphism.

Human Nature & Fate after Death

In the Old Babylonian Atrahasis epic, the gods created humans by mixing clay with the blood of a rebellious deity named We-ilu who was specially slaughtered for the occasion. Humans therefore contained both an earthly and a divine component. Yet the divine element did not mean that humans were immortal. The Mesopotamians had no concept of either physical resurrection or metempsychosis. Rather, Enki (Akkadian Ea), the Sumerian deity of wisdom and magic, ordained death for humans from their very inception. Mortality defined the fundamental human condition, and is even described as the destiny (Akk. šimtu) of mankind. The most common euphemism for dying in Mesopotamian texts is “to go to one’s fate” (Cooper 21). The quest for physical immortality, suggests the Epic of Gilgamesh, was consequently futile. The best humans could strive for was enduring fame through their deeds and accomplishments on earth. Immortality, insofar as it was metaphorically possible, was actualized in the memory of future generations.

Humans were considered alive (Akk. awilu) as long as they had blood in their veins and breath in their nostrils. At the moment when humans were emptied of blood or exhaled their last breath, their bodies were considered empty cadavers (Akk. pagaru. The condition of this empty corpse is compared to deep sleep and, upon burial in the ground, the body fashioned from clay “returned to clay” (Bottéro, “Religion” 107). The biblical euphemism for death as sleep (New Revised Standard Version, 1 Kgs. 2:10; 2 Kgs. 10:35; 15:38; 24:6; 2 Chron. 9:31) and the statement, “You are dust, and to dust you shall return” (Gen. 3:19; cf. Ecc. 3:20), point to the common cultural milieu underlying ancient Mesopotamian and Israelite paradigms.
Ancient Mesopotamian Beliefs in the Afterlife

Metempsychosis (Greek: μετεμψύχωσις) is a philosophical term in the Greek language referring to transmigration of the soul, especially its reincarnation after death.
It is unclear how the doctrine of metempsychosis arose in Greece. It is easiest to assume that earlier ideas which had never been extinguished were utilized for religious and philosophic purposes. The Orphic religion, which held it, first appeared in Thrace upon the semi-barbarous north-eastern frontier. Orpheus, its legendary founder, is said to have taught that soul and body are united by a compact unequally binding on either; the soul is divine, immortal and aspires to freedom, while the body holds it in fetters as a prisoner. Death dissolves this compact, but only to re-imprison the liberated soul after a short time: for the wheel of birth revolves inexorably. Thus the soul continues its journey, alternating between a separate unrestrained existence and fresh reincarnation, round the wide circle of necessity, as the companion of many bodies of men and animals." To these unfortunate prisoners Orpheus proclaims the message of liberation, that they stand in need of the grace of redeeming gods and of Dionysus in particular, and calls them to turn to God by ascetic piety of life and self-purification: the purer their lives the higher will be their next reincarnation, until the soul has completed the spiral ascent of destiny to live for ever as God from whom it comes. Such was the teaching of Orphism which appeared in Greece about the 6th century BC, organized itself into private and public mysteries at Eleusis and elsewhere, and produced a copious literature

If you compare Plato's Phaedo to Orphism it is clear that they teach the same doctrine; only Plato extols Philosophy rather than Orpheus or Dionysus. That's probably what Socrates refers to as the ancient teaching.

Dionysus did not promise me any type of better reincarnation or escape from any cycle.
Piety with a modest amount of wine and without superstition is its own reward. (Unverified personal gnosis)

Eve is as dead as the dodo.

Humanity lives. Dodos are extinct. Big difference.

Of course I do agree with your view that resurrection as the hope for Christians is more easily supportable than some non-physical divine soul existing after death. After all Enki made man mortal, according to Sumerians. Christianity teaches that Jesus can cancel death through resurrection.

If humans are inherently immortal they would be gods.
edit on 14-9-2017 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think, all gods in human history were and are simply aliens. I believe in God, who created the Sun because it is a fantastic thing to make planets out of nothing. I can understand how the Creation was done, and why God wants people to worship humanoids as the Creator. God created this planet because the Sun will be consumed. Everything on this planet belongs to God, including all the metals (important fuel for UFOs) and people on this planet are to extract all the materials.

If a person ever believes that a human created the Sun, God will be very unhappy. The most important thing in any religion is the Creation.

As far as I know, God dislikes Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It seems to me that the only entity that can differentiate between the true Creator and a lesser demigod is the Creator himself/herself. So as humans we run the risk of wasting our time believing in lower entities that promise everything but deliver nothing. So when we read that so called prophets have communicated with GOD through a burning bush. We need to ask yourself, were they shaman's that used hallucinogens (burning bush) to communicate with lower entities (demigods) from worlds in between.

This is why I prefer Buddhism. It is not concerned with any gods, Only our nature and how we can escape suffering, Everything else is irrelevant.
edit on 15-9-2017 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I contacted the Creator. He told me, that there is a planet twice as big as the Universe. Time is a living creature. God was a beam of light 50 billion years ago, and he created the Sun the second time. He lives 200 milion light years away, and it takes 20 years to get here. He travels in time. The Sun is an animal, and it is hostile. He told me, that the Universe had an axis, a big planet. It was disassembled. He doesn't like Jesus. Stll, I don't know yet, why does he want people to believe that a humanoid created the Sun and Earth, but he is deliberately doing it, and he offers everything to those people who believe that a humanoid is the Creator.

If someone wants to be in contact with the Creator, he/she has to be enlightened. For those who are not enlightened, the biblical God is the Creator, who is actually a human being. He also have to praise Jesus better than God. Jesus lives in the past, if a spacecraft gets there, an alien can observe how Jesus is living.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

Enlightened or not, how does one know you actually talking to the Creator and not some wannabee?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

You can't "talk" with the Creator. He travelled all the way up to the future of this planet. However, if yo see a warship pointing at you with a green laser beam aiming device of their ballistic missile, you have to know, God informs you about your green LED pointer on your WIFI USB stick. This is how God (the Creator) communicates with enlightened people on the surface. The green LED on an LCD monitor symbolizes the stewardess caller LED on a 747. Some interesting things how God communicates with living creatures on the planet, because He is not here, he travelled the future of the planet, and went back to a safe hiding place in the Universe. Those people who are not enlightened, have to pray to humanoids, who becomes more and more hostile as technology is evolving. The info was given to me by creatures who travel in time, and live in the atmosphere. They are better to worship than humanoids, but they don't have the need for that.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: Sheye

Christianity is one of the religions that grants total free will along with the grace of forgiveness when that free will is abused.

Ha!

Envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and wrath.

Those 7 attributes ARE Free Will you tool.

It truly is one of the most beautiful religions on this planet.

Imagine if you thought for yourself...you'd be Dangerous!

8 stars for a post that makes no sense .

Who are the tools now ?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If you have to choose a god (or have one chosen for you...) . Then I choose none. Knowing your creator should/would be a part of the fabric of your very being.

The fact that we are born without such, means god/gods are no more real than other myths.

Your mileage may (of course) vary.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Noncompatible

In other and more succinct words (and in direct response to the thread title):

Why god and what?
edit on 9/18/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join