It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Neighbor is Crazy or I Hate Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

With my humour, i'd be in trouble if he were my neighbor. Everytime i saw him, i'd call him Colonel Sanders. That would royally .. upset him no doubt.

: )

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Next time he calls just tell the ol' geezer how much you appreciate his contacting you. That you had to let your horses out while you drove your truck, loaded with the atomic bombs, through the corral into the barn where the alien spaceship is...the aliens were hungry and needed fed. Then ask him if he knows how to take one apart cuz you need to get at the goodies to feed Uncle Martin (the Martian).

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Why feed into his corner of sanity by hanging on the phone as he spouts off? Either handle him by being direct or directly handing the phone to someone that will?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So there has been a lot of good advice here. While I like the one about the atomic bombs in my truck the best those can be hard to come by...
That may take some thought.

I agree that filing a report would be smart, my husband and I are at loggerheads of that though. He says it will only escalate the situation. I think that this should be a matter of record.

I will be calling the school today though and having a little talk with them about that bus driver and the fact that she drives like a teenager on meth and seems to feel the need to report me doing things that I'm not doing to the sheriff's department.

At this point my husband has called him and told him that if there is an issue that the Colonel is supposed to talk to him not me.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

This is easy for me.
I would say to him.
"A cop is supposed to protect and serve not harass and intimidate!"

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I had terrible piece of # cop neighbor growing up. One time a group of 16 year old girls was toilet papering my house. Cop saw this happening and decided to pull a gun on them and sit them on the corner. My parents had to come out and tell him that toilet papering is normal thing for kids to do and never to pull a gun on kids like that again.

I honestly think cops are the worst people in the world. Protecting the pedofile criminals that run the government is not a honorable job.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Wow, I can't believe I got starred for that post myself.

I hope people knew I was joking.

I was referencing a scene from The Game where Michael Douglas is being mugged by a punk with a knife; he points a gun at him and says, "I'm feeling very fragile right now."

It's a nice fantasy to play around with, but my god, I didn't want anyone to take me seriously.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I had a neighbor who complained to the city because the birds ate the blackberries I grow and pooped purple on his laundry.
True story.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yeah, i know. I was probably in a bad mood at the time of my reply, triggered so to say. But to my defense i make a claim that there are real wackos out there and most likely a few on ATS too. And i was unaware of the movie reference. But i understood you were joking. Just gave you a star as well. Maybe i need to, once again, reduce the amount of my reading of news headlines and articles. I mean, they give me such a negative view of this planet. But when actually i meet a new person and talk a little bit, they more often than not, turn out to be a quite nice man or woman.

Wishing you a great weekend, here from Finland and straight outta sauna (we don't have Compton here, except a couple of bars named that way)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Or just hanging up. That usually works to end a conversation you don't want to have.

I'm like , why even humor the guy in his delusion. Just hang up the phone.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

You should simply tell him don't call here any more. It's sure easy enough to change your number and keep it unlisted.

I'm really sorry you have such a mean person living next door.
I sounds like he's got dementia to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A quiet word with his superior is the way forward, but have a witness with you when you do it. If the "colonel" ever feels threatened or accused he could go on the "offencive" and drop on you 24/7 and if that happens no-body and I mean no-body can be that law abiding before they break a minor law and if he's there and catches you he will shout out loud that his stance was justified.
Deal through your lawyer.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Try using microwaves to scramble his brain pan. Better yet when he calls just tell him to f**k himself.......

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
A quiet word with his superior is the way forward, but have a witness with you when you do it. If the "colonel" ever feels threatened or accused he could go on the "offencive" and drop on you 24/7 and if that happens no-body and I mean no-body can be that law abiding before they break a minor law and if he's there and catches you he will shout out loud that his stance was justified.
Deal through your lawyer.

That's a good point, and honestly, kind of what I think that he's doing already. He is sure working really hard to catch me doing something wrong. And when he calls me with these accusations it's not "Have you done this thing?" It's "I IKNOW that you've done this thing". When I haven't done the thing. It's bizarre.

I think that he is already there frankly. He was gunning for me before and now I think it's going to be much worse. This is not a guy who likes to be wrong or called on his crap, and I've proved him wrong twice and called him on his BS.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
(sorry for the delay) So, on a more serious note...clearly the "Colonel" is experiencing some mental health issues. I can safely assure you of this if what you've posted is even remotely close to what has transpired.

Law enforcement officers do not generally identify themselves as such unless they are on official law enforcement business. This brings a couple questions to bear. You've stated this individual identified himself as a "volunteer" Deputy Sheriff on several occasions. This would suggest he feels he is acting on official business. That he has called you out on some seemingly ridiculous charges calls into question his ability to function, objectively, as a deputized member of your County. A 'volunteer' Deputy Sheriff is usually a member of a local County SAR group (it's common in Wyoming too). They're not actually deputized to enforce the law. They are also sometimes employed to do searches for escaped suspects, a "posse" if you will (thought not in the "lynch mob" sense). Some of these guys get way too full of themselves...especially after they get to drinking or when they get elderly with dementia.

My recommendation to you would be to politely inquire with your County Sheriff's office as to the status of this individual as an active "volunteer" Deputy Sheriff. Ask if he is actually active and in good standing. (Note: I'll bet even money you'll get a response of..."Okay, what did he do this time???") I'll bet they know of him, and as long as he's not causing trouble they'll leave things alone. Some of these guys need to be roped back in, and the only people who can do it are some of their own kind. They know these guys...I've seen it for 25 years in Wyoming.

Next point is this; the reason the "Colonel" wants to talk to you, and not your husband, is because he believes he intimidates you. He doesn't want to talk to your husband because your husband is likely not afraid of him (from his perspective). This is predatory. It's also wrong...and very much illegal.

Regarding the bus driver...how much you wanna' bet these two trade stories down at the VFW on Friday and Saturday nights? That, or a close relative of the bus driver?

Trust me, I've seen this kind of activity out in country towns most of my life! I do have some other suggestions based on your responses (if you wish), but these are my suggestions.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
BTW...I'm going to give you some actual/real LEO responses to your question/predicament.

Stand by.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
BTW...I'm going to give you some actual/real LEO responses to your question/predicament.

Stand by.

Thank you. Your post on this has been informative, any more information is greatly appreciated.
edit on 9-9-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is from a Captain in NC.

Depends on whether his state is a two party state. She could always advise him next time he calls that she is going to record any future phone calls, that might scare him off. She definitely needs to make a complaint to the Sheriff. If he is in fact an auxiliary(part time volunteer) deputy, he is likely violating their policies by conducting an unauthorized investigation. Around here auxiliary deputies only have arrest authority when working under the supervision of a professional deputy or scheduled activity. the Sheriff likely doesn't want some weirdo with a badge making his office look bad to the voters.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

He sounds nuts.

Don't talk to him any more, period.

Don't answer the phone, don't call him. Tell him to stop contacting you. If he continues on, file a police report.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This is from a Captain in NC.

Depends on whether his state is a two party state. She could always advise him next time he calls that she is going to record any future phone calls, that might scare him off. She definitely needs to make a complaint to the Sheriff. If he is in fact an auxiliary(part time volunteer) deputy, he is likely violating their policies by conducting an unauthorized investigation. Around here auxiliary deputies only have arrest authority when working under the supervision of a professional deputy or scheduled activity. the Sheriff likely doesn't want some weirdo with a badge making his office look bad to the voters.

Montana is a two party state, but yeah... I can just tell him I'm recording. It might keep him from calling, but I really feel like this guy is very invested in me being some sort of ne'er-do-well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join