It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Never Attacked the US, but the US Has Killed an Estimated 4-10 Million Koreans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Too much truth in this thread title for it to be popular.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I believe yours was the best answer, the British were then governed by a prime minister whom while a very good peacetime prime minister was actually a terrible judge of character AND went about appeasing Hitler, this prime minister was Neville Chamberain whom after meeting Hitler allowed the dictator too many concession's and famously made the doomed statement in which he declared "Peace in our time" waving a worthless scrap of paper Hitler had signed.

He was later kicked out by Parliament and one MP famously told him to go Now for he had stayed too long for any good he may have done (meaning that his appeasement of Hitler which by that time had turned very sour indeed was one of the biggest mistakes of the century).

Winston Churchill was of course his successor, a terrible war planner in himself as the Australian's and New Zealanders will happily point out due to this mishandling of the Gallipoli Campaign of the first world war but nevertheless a strong personality that helped keep up moral in a Beleaguered Britain that clung to it's defiance despite the overwhelming might of the NAZI's.

Appeasement in that case led to ONE of the most terrible wars of the twentieth century, a war which actually was already being fought in China between the Chinese and the Japanese but of course that could be argued to be a separate war that merged with the greater war that came with the rise of the Third Reich.

Appeasement has always been a mistake and you very correctly point out how it lead's to worse wars because when it is understood properly Appeasement is allowing a nation that is acting Rogue to bully and get it's way.

And Involutionist, a great post but you are wrong on many point's.

North Korea was the tip of the Soviet plan and it actually represented an expansion in the Soviet influence in Asia, Stalin like Hitler before him had a dream of world domination especially having been emboldened by APPEASEMENT given to him at Yalta which allowed him to keep eastern Europe and led to the Cold War.

It was only the threat of Nuclear weapon's that actually prevented the Soviets from taking the rest of Europe and doing what the NAZI's had failed to do to them.

Communist Korea was a proxy of the Soviet's, at that time the Chinese were also an ally of the Soviet union but later Stalin and Mao both with there huge ego's butted head's and it went bad for Russia with China actually allying itself to the US despite its own communist rule.

In Korea it was not just American's fighting, it was nation's from the whole free world, developed world and there were soldiers from England, France, Belgium - Even Turkey there fighting against the Communists, A former SAS guy I knew, sadly now passed on was behind Communist Korean lines on several occasion's and took out more than a few Soviet Advisers, he even spent several days in the middle of a Korean camp hiding in there rubbish piles waiting for a target whom he later took down and spent several days lying half in and half out of a stream waiting for another.

The Soviet's were attempting to gain proxy state's there, in the case of NK it was a stalemate but actually the Communist Koreans' had lost and there were only day's or week's left in the war but then the Chinese sent there own soldiers in to fight FOR the Communist Korean's, eventually a truce was signed and a DM was set up but animosity remained between the South and the North Korean's, blood had been spilled and brother had fought brother leaving there nation split in half and family's divided most often against there will.

But south Korea was not a Utopia and for many years a military dictatorship ran the country, democracy protesters even had there head's turned into pulp by the boot's of the South Korean military as recently as the 1980's/90's before Democracy was finally brought to them, it always takes time to get a military government to hand power to the people, still even under the military junta that ruled them they were far better off than there north Korean brothers'.

So you say America killed 4 to 10 million Korean's but you are actually wrong, the Soviet's caused that war with the intent of dominating the world, the Un's and there communist party are drenched in the blood of there fellow Korean's upon whose bone's they rose to power and Lil Kim is sporting for war so that he can blame the US for all his internal problems and secure his family's imperial Dynasty (it is not communism it is an imperial rule by a jumped up little dictator and now his fat son), Kim need's problems' with the west to secure his position and the worst thing he can think of is letting his people not be brainwashed and have free will because then he would be a nobody so he need's this trouble and is gambling that it won't go wrong for him BUT if he is appeased he will just get worse, eventually the north will try to take the south and the truce once brokered will end, if the US back's down that will happen and that will spark a war that will end up costing hundreds of millions and perhaps even billions of lives.

The Cost of appeasement is far more death and suffering as Tardacus correctly pointed out.

edit on 8-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Exactly. North Korea invaded South Korea with the idea of unifying the country under Communist rule. North Korea is Communist China's pet project and when McArthur had driven the Norks to the Yalu river that's when the Chicoms sent nearly a million troops of their own, throwing the UN forces back to places like Chosin reservoir and Hamburger hill. The Human wave tactic was applied against modern weapons of war and nearly won. Luckily, many of the Chinese troops froze to death or starved before they could kill our boys.

North Korea started this mess with help from China.
It's time China tamed their pet bull dog.
edit on 8-9-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Firing missiles over another sovereign country (Japan) is not the act of a cuddly friendly country. That is aggression.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They sure attacked U.S. soldiers defending the south Koreans.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
They sure attacked U.S. soldiers defending the south Koreans.

If You are going to invade my Home and attack me because You think I do beating my dog or kids, You are the agressor. Not me.

Now paste it in Korean 50's

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

AGAIN .
Do research THEN post.
Minerals GALORE up north , an EXTREMELY potent ally when coupled with Japan that can hold China in check...
A population of F**KING hostages...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Oh such a big, brave internet warrior aren't you?

I'm more bigger and braver in the real world...

Simply put - AMERICA are the ones with nukes threatening another country with nukes. It works both ways - sadly like most of your kind you're deluded, ignorant and no doubt on the receiving end of also propagandic levels of media influence.

For the record: I see all media as propaganda...

Btw, what "kind" am I...?

I'm NOT like one of those daily commuters with nothing to show for their life that comes on social media trying sound like I know S# when in I don't have real life basic ish under control. My home in Turks and Caicos is getting slammed atm, yet here I am in Toronto responding to you on social media. It's only social media...

Take it easy on the personal attacks next time. I don't f# with daily commuters in real life, but I F# with them online...

Again:

Oh such a big, brave internet warrior aren't you?

You should contemplate that question for yourself...

edit on 8-9-2017 by Involutionist because: ...my grammar & punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Firing missiles over another sovereign country (Japan) is not the act of a cuddly friendly country. That is aggression.

What does that have to do with the USA...?

Rhetorical, but humour me with your geopolitical analyst, please.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

japan is the home of playstation and godzilla, muricans love their consoles and movies.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thats just it, his family has killed more than that since they took control.

I'd knock out a guy smashing his own head in with a hammer just to stop him.

'Murica.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Japan looks to us for support, so we help our friends.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Even as we eavesdrop on their communications.....

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

I apologize. I thought your comment was directed at me due to not seeing a "a reply to" and just reading your words and not the quoted words.

Note to self: don't come on ATS after just waking up.

I feel like an ass for responding the way I did to you as well—I was being a prick . Again, my apologies.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

I am 29 about to be 30 in Oct. but I am not a pawn. I know the atrocities that the US has committed throughout the world. I have a great uncle who fought in Vietnam and the stories he tells me is horrific. How they turned him into a killing robot.

You and I are the same in age, my friend. I turn 30 this coming April. I agree, the US has indeed committed much atrocities across the globe in the name of imperialism.

U.S. Holds the World Record of Killings of Innocent Civilians:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I, personally don't hold any animosity against the people of America or its soldiers who have become pawns of imperialism. In fact, I have sympathy for them. I separate the US government's policies, agendas and actions from its society. Also, spending much time and travelling in the US for business and personal reasons (I have a home in northern Cali and many close friends in the US) has confirmed my beliefs that most Americans are just like any other society — good people who value the true currency of life.

Your comment about your uncle being turned into *a killing robot* reminded me of Retired Special Forces Master Sergeant Stan Goff''s words below. You can see the pain in his eyes and hear it in his voice:

I hope diplomacy wins in the end. Trump is a deal maker so I am crossing everything I have that a deal can be made.

I hope so too. However, history has shown that America often chooses violence over diplomacy.

We are in total agreement they want to go about their business just as we do.

Yes.

North Korean families enjoying a day at a water park:

edit on 9-9-2017 by Involutionist because: ...my grammar & punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your point from all of that?

My point from all that was: you're FOS and demonstrate ignorance concerning geopolitics.

Again: When did North Korea declare they intend to strike the US [which you claimed]...?

The American Government's agendas across the globe demonstrate a lack of humanity thru destroying the currency of life for others all for selfish interest. Here are some of your fellow countrymen and a veterans explaining how evil the American empire is:

Btw, how the f# did YOU qualify to become a moderator...?!

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You make things up and have no clue as to the cause.

From what I discerned about the Korean War — I find your following words ironic.

The korean war started because the north invaded the south. This caused a crises for the UN. The north had nothing to stop them until US forces landed in inchon. North korea had drove UN and ROK forces all the way to pusan. MacArthur landing in inchon caught North Korean army in a pincer movement and recaptured Seoul, the capital of South Korea. Instead of being satisfied with his rapid reconquest of South Korea, MacArthur crossed the 38TH Parallel and pursued the North Korean army all the way to the northernmost provinces of North Korea. Politics removes MacArthur from the war and instead of winning they tried to negotiate peace. This cost millions of lives and the problems which continue today.

What an amazingly glib and sanitized description of the Korean War...
edit on 9-9-2017 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Summerys often are. North korea has continually been thr agressor in every conflict thus far. That is simply reality they have continualy attacked south korea. They have shelled their islands sunk their ships and attacked across the DMZ. Not once did south Korea attack the north first.

Reality is north korea is in violation of their cease fire agreement. Meaning at any time the US is within its rights to continue the conflict. I would say negotiating should be a priority. Problem is we see they cant keep their promises so their word means nothing.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

You should SEE the place NO larger animals, AT all,COLD as hell in the winter...

posted on Feb, 28 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your point from all of that?

My point from all that was: you're FOS and demonstrate ignorance concerning geopolitics.

Again: When did North Korea declare they intend to strike the US [which you claimed]...?

The American Government's agendas across the globe demonstrate a lack of humanity thru destroying the currency of life for others all for selfish interest. Here are some of your fellow countrymen and a veterans explaining how evil the American empire is:

Btw, how the f# did YOU qualify to become a moderator...?!

North Korea's rubber-stamp legislature last September passed a new law threatening preemptive nuclear strikes, implicitly against US bases in South Korea, Japan, or Guam, if its leadership was threatened (Kim Jong-un does not want to go the way of Libyan dictator Muammar al-Gaddafi in terms of being killed were he to give up his country's nuclear weapons capability, even though the US and South Korea are not wishing death to Kim).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join