It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New AI can guess whether you're gay or straight from a photograph

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
UPDATE: The name of the project just leaked by two people familiar with gays and their computer habits... The project is CODENAME: GAYDAR.
edit on 7-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

That sentence made me choke on my beer.

Not sure how the hell I read "choke on my chicken bone" at first glance, but you're welcome.

edit on 7-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It doesn't surprise me that they can make AI that can do this. It's not really that complicated. Now can they make AI that has discretion and manners? Most humans don't even have that. We made computers perfect enough when we made them blind.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So a computer can now generalize, when can we start suing?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

yes! the evil calculator! I remember when you would get suspended from school if you were caught with one of those evil computers in your bookbag.now kids are allowed to have laptops connected to the internet in schools, imagine how those kids who got suspended for having a calculator feel now, they probably laugh at the rules and laws because they know the rules and laws will change, maybe that's where this generation of protesters come from? the system taught them that rules and laws don`t have to be obeyed because rules and laws WILL change.

edit on 7-9-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

nope, probably can`t make AI with manners since as you pointed out most humans no longer contain that ancient trait and since humans imbue AI with their own traits manners are something that AI will never have.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

If sexual orientation shows up in physical appearance, i wonder what other aspects of personality can be ascertained this way.

Could we eventually write programs to detect psychopathy and the like from a photograph?

That would come in handy.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: starwarsisreal

91% accuracy is pretty impressive so if it is 91% accurate in picking criminals that would help the police a great deal because the police can`t spot a criminal if they were sitting on the other side of that jelly donut that they are stuffing in their pie holes.

Notice the report said UP TO 91% accuracy. That could be anywhere from 1% to 91%. Maybe it was 91% for one guy.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Reminds me of this movie, and where technology is headed.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This will piss off a lot of people by itself:

The paper suggested that the findings provide “strong support” for the theory that sexual orientation stems from exposure to certain hormones before birth, meaning people are born gay and being queer is not a choice. The machine’s lower success rate for women also could support the notion that female sexual orientation is more fluid.

Op source

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

no, I didn`t notice that, but up to 91% of how many people? would be more than just 1 person

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

IMO facial reading beyond hormonal such as in the OP, seems to be a lot of pseudoscience. Also, perhaps minus noticeable facial asymmetry which has been claimed to be linked to mental illness issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

well, most women are naturally bi sexual anyways, right?

that might be because as infants their survival depended on sucking on another females breast.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: chadderson

Well, you do know what they say about people with "gaydar," right?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Nah, his head is too square.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I`ve often wondered that if you could choose you`re sexual orientation before you even knew what was sex is, why can`t you choose to # fat short old women with dark hair instead of thin tall young women with blonde hair? after you know what sex is?

if sexual orientation is a choice then choosing the type of person you have sex with should be an even easier choice, and yet I just haven`t been able to choose having sex with an old,short,fat, dark haired women over a young, tall, thin, big breasted blonde haired women.
I guess my decision making abilities are just flawed?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

91% seems like more than just generalizing

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is why we don't have friggin' flying cars today. College kids care more about who's gay and who's straight. Just go to Cancun for spring break, get it out of your system, then come back and get to work on my flying car.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: carewemust

no, I didn`t notice that, but up to 91% of how many people? would be more than just 1 person

The key words "up to" were placed in the article, but it didn't explain the testing methodology. Could have been several gender identity tests run on multiple groups of men. The accuracy was 91% on one group. The other groups yielded less than 91% accuracy for the A.I. software.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I bet... they will add this A.I. software to Facebook.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join