It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI Has 1,475 Page File on Conservative Site Breitbart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Lordy! It LOOKS like Breitbart has gotten some love from the FBI!

The FBI has over 1,000 documents related to the Breitbart News Network. A file containing those documents was released by the FBI just moments ago.

That's right! Sadly however:

Of those 1,475 total documents, only twenty-three are currently publicly available for inspection. And each of those 23 publicly available documents are highly redacted–most to the point of providing no information whatsoever.

I wonder what could POSSIBLY be in Breitbart's file? Why so heavily redacted? Apparently some of the redaction fall under "B7E":

B7E allows for the classification of documents which “would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law.”

Link

HMMM...

Could there be ongoing investigations?
edit on 7-9-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
BwaaaHaHaHa

The classified stuff is protecting the hackers.

Probably some suspects in death threats too.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Right...it should take the FBI 24 hours max to scoure every word given how long it took them to dissect all 43k of Hillary's emails.

All is right with the world now.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Does one of those files Order the death of its founder?

God our government is so corrupt. It's so far gone.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

B7E allows for the classification of documents which “would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law.”

What a crock. They're after Brietbart because they tell more truth.

Can't have that. This 'censorship' of the sites content is the prelude to taking it down.

Remember when they went after Megaupload for 'copyright infringement'? TPTB didn't want anyplace you cold store news and events online. Because they are constantly rewriting history to reflect the official narrative as we go.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

The FBI has over 1,000 documents related to the Breitbart News Network. A file containing those documents was released by the FBI just moments ago.

Of those 1,475 total documents, only twenty-three are currently publicly available for inspection. And each of those 23 publicly available documents are highly redacted–most to the point of providing no information whatsoever.

I wonder what could POSSIBLY be in Breitbart's file? Why so heavily redacted? Apparently some of the redaction fall under "B7E":

Link

HMMM...

I have a lot of old onion stories saved on my computer too. Big deal.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Link

HMMM...

I have a lot of old onion stories saved on my computer too. Big deal.

The big deal isn't far out stories like the Onion creates, it's the ones the PTB don't want anyone to see. Like the one's that get leaked to wikile@k$ -are the ones holding much danger to the corrupt.

When the FBI does this to news media, it is because they have left their domain and are now going after political targets. What that means is the FBI could be seen as a criminal charter of a political agenda that is no longer attached to the current American government and is now a rogue agency. that bodes ill for America and freedom. This news is no surprise and follows the Obama administration's precise planning and goals for just such an outcome to be happening currently. It's literally "Plan B" if Hillary doesn't win

edit on 7-9-2017 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Except Brietbart is Steve Bannon's "rag". I think at one point he had a position, kind of high up in the White House. I'm not sure, so many have come and gone...I believe there was also the threat of his colleagues to "tear the White House down". Perhaps state secrets are best left just that? I don't know why the FBI is investigating them but it isn't what you said about Obamas "insurance policy." If his master plan was to have the FBI looking into Breitbart he didn't think it through very well.
edit on 7-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Uh, yeah, apparently.

Federal investigators are examining whether far-right news sites played any role last year in a Russian cyber operation that dramatically widened the reach of news stories — some fictional — that favored Donald Trump’s presidential bid, two people familiar with the inquiry say.

Operatives for Russia appear to have strategically timed the computer commands, known as “bots,” to blitz social media with links to the pro-Trump stories at times when the billionaire businessman was on the defensive in his race against Democrat Hillary Clinton, these sources said.

The bots’ end products were largely millions of Twitter and Facebook posts carrying links to stories on conservative internet sites such as Breitbart News and InfoWars, as well as on the Kremlin-backed RT News and Sputnik News, the sources said. Some of the stories were false or mixed fact and fiction, said the sources, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the bot attacks are part of an FBI-led investigation into a multifaceted Russian operation to influence last year’s elections.

www.yahoo.com...

I wonder what could POSSIBLY be in Breitbart's file?

This was reported in March so, probably just more weaponized nothing-burgers. A heavily redacted release is a great ploy to get partisan toolbags to speculate over nothing.

edit on 7-9-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I wonder does the FBI also have a file on ATS and their members too?
edit on 9/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

💩

Isnt this the same as "ATTACKING THE FREE PRESS HOW DARE THEY MMRAWRR!!!"

It seemed like all year until this thread half the site that one group of people were appalingly opposed tobsuch a thing. Like rabid seething OUTRAGE...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And they could have had Hillary's 33,000 emails, privided by the NSA, but Comey refused them.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I wonder does the FBI also have a file on ATS and their members too?

I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Well, Breitbart did have a article tag (so you can find/sort stories easier) titled "black crime". They've gotten pretty good with their dog whistles.

It wouldn't surprise me that the FBI might monitor them for radical extremist content just like they would The Daily Stormer.

After all, Breitbart recently was caught using a picture of El Savador gang members to smear DACA recipients:

In the wake of the news of that the White House is rescinding the program that allowed undocumented immigrants who were brought into this country when they were children get jobs and go to school without fear of deportation, Breitbart used an old photo of members of the MS-13 gang to promote a new story about the "staggering" crime rate among DACA recipients.

Link

Somehow, that never got brought up here on ATS...

I'm not really shocked the FBI would keep an eye on potential propaganda outlets.

What the article title gets wrong, however, is that the file the FBI has on Breitbart isn't 1,475 pages long -- it contains 1,475 documents.
edit on 7-9-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join