It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My German Shepard just passed away

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm so sorry. Losing a dog is so hard.
We were just speaking of two of ours, that have been gone for several years now. It is easier to talk about them now, and nice to remember special moments and traits they had, that will never be found in another dog. Everyone one is so unique, and so special.

As hard as it is to lose them, I can't imagine my life without one.

Quick note: If they do get another puppy for your boy to train? We had zues, a male boxer, that "played" dumb,very well. We got a bulldog puppy. He taught that puppy lots of cool stuff, like knocking when he wanted to come in, being nice to the cat, stuff like that.
But, he wasn't real thrilled with the puppy at first. He would take him for a walk, out to the swamp and leave him, once a week.
I would walk down the trail, he was coming back, and I asked, where is the puppy. He wouldn't even look at me, just walked back to the house.
So, just be patient. We weren't sure if he was mourning his mentor (Josie) or just thought the puppy was annoying.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Only time will get you through it. (And memories!)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for the death of your friend. It may sound trite, but as long as you remember her, she'll never truly be gone.

Not remember you??! Of course she'll remember. She's going to be there to greet you!

We'll have one hell of a pack when we get to the other side.

A candle for your Shatzie girl

Blessings

Jasmine

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am so sorry.
I lost one of my Great Pyrenees not long ago and still catch myself making a 3rd bowl of food, instead of just 2, now that she's gone. Just for a split second, I start to call her name when the others go outside.......maybe you will feel better after a bit of time, but the sadness never really goes away when you think of them.
I hope you and your family feel better soon.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sorry to hear this, Brother. I lost Cody, my chocolate labrador, three years ago this November. Best friend I ever had, and I still haven't fully recovered from his death. For me it was like losing a kid. And that's not something you ever really get over.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae
I'm so sorry for the death of your friend. It may sound trite, but as long as you remember her, she'll never truly be gone.

Not remember you??! Of course she'll remember. She's going to be there to greet you!

We'll have one hell of a pack when we get to the other side.

A candle for your Shatzie girl

Blessings

Jasmine

I'd like to think if I end up in hell she will dig a really big hole ( I hated when she dug holes) and come visit

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your fur baby. It is gut wrenching to lose our pets.
Big hug for you!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Firstly, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is very hard to lose a beloved dog. All I can say is stay strong and remember the memories. I lost a couple dogs the past couple years and ATS members really helped me. This was my thread
www.abovetopsecret.com... . Thanks for posting and my thoughts are with you...dogs are the best!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

It's tough to lose a dog or cat. They become part of the family. We've lost 2 golden retrievers over the years so I can understand your loss. I'm sure your shepherd provided you with a lot of love, laughs and comfort over the years. Dogs are truly loving souls for humanity. They help us escape the pressures and stress of everyday life. I'm sure we will all once again meet up with our lost pets. I wish you and your family comfort during this time of grief, peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It's tough to lose a dog or cat. They become part of the family. We've lost 2 golden retrievers over the years so I can understand your loss. I'm sure your shepherd provided you with a lot of love, laughs and comfort over the years. Dogs are truly loving souls for humanity. They help us escape the pressures and stress of everyday life. I'm sure we will all once again meet up with our lost pets. I wish you and your family comfort during this time of grief, peace.

Shatzie used to protect me from people that would cause pressure or stress in my life, now shes not here anymore. I believe maybe her and I will be together again somehow.

EDIT: I have a big sticker on the back of my welding hood that says " Caution, My Dog will Kill you!"
edit on 7-9-2017 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Just wanted to chime in here...

My boys:

I rue the day when I have to say gbye to either one. The shepard, Winchester, sits on the top of the couch in my front window...best deterrent ever! Though they would probably lick any intruders that might make it in...

So sorry for yuor loss. You will see her again!!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

your shep looks just like shatzie its scary

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

From what I have been able to gather, Winchester is a Silver. He's about 4 years old. Was diagnosed with heartworms a year ago, but we got that cleared up. He now just runs and plays with his "brother" Dexter. We are going to the waterpark this weekend...they have this thing they do before they close for the season where they let puppers come and play...

Again, sorry for your loss...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Very sorry for the loss of your beloved dog.
Been through it myself on more than one occasion, it's tough.
But we keep getting dogs don't we?
I have had dogs all my life and have 3 right now and can't imagine not having any in my life in the future.
Keep remembering the good times with her.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
So sorry, hun! It seems so unfair that our pets - our babies- can only stay with us a short time. Its heartbreaking, but then we remember how much love they give, and then willingly go down that road again. I've loved and lost 2 shepherds, a golden retriever, one beagle mutt, and several cats. Now we have another golden and a beagle mutt. And 2 cats. When they pass, we'll probably do it all over again, and again.

They each teach us something important about ourselves. And they will always be with us in our hearts.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I know how you feel, it hurts to let a friend go but with time you will remember the goofy things and be happy you had a chance to know them. I lost buddy on May 5/17, he was a shep/rot/dob mix and goofy as hell, but I know he would be standing guard in the yard if my granddaughters were out there. I really had very little choice, his hips and eyesight were going on him and he started to show signs of dementia, he also stopped eating. The vet said letting him rest was the best option for his age, he would have been 18 years old this fall. I miss him but Iā€™m lucky I had all that time with him.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Ah, reading this thread is making me cry again ...

I know how bad it hurts. We lost our Teddy Bear to a brain tumor this summer, you see.

It never gets any easier to lose a member of the family like that. The bigger the personality, the larger the hole.

You have my sincere condolences, and I'm sure she's there waiting, barking and carrying on until someone opens the gate someday to let you in too. Just be patient and everything will happen as it should in due time. All our other furry babies will be there waiting too.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sorry. It's never easy. 'nuff said.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey šŸ™‹ thank you all so much! I dont feel better but I do feel the support and love here with you guys. Thank you so much for your sentiments, stories, and moral support. Dogs dont usually get a wake or ceremony or anything but this thread was kind of like that for me. Some of you ATS'rs I've seen and have known around the boards since 2010 some of you are new to me, thank you for making the community here smaller and thank you for sharing my loss and helping me with perspective!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Time heals.

It seems to be that pain is what happens when you lose someone you love....the greater the love, the more the pain.
It lessens over time.....your heart will heal. But you will always miss her.

She may visit you for a while. Emily did. I would hear her walking in the house......other things.

And threads like this down the road will remind you of her.
I know this to be true.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
So hard.

e-Hug to you, and everyone else in thread that knows your pain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join