It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump talks of eliminating debt ceiling

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2017 by watchitburn because: DP

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

To be honest the debt ceiling is a joke and everyone knows it. I'd rather have balanced Budgets than a Debt ceiling.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
Maybe we need to start examining an economic system that creates debt in the first place and see who benefits from the debt it generates.

That's some crazy talk you have going on there. Next you'll be telling me someone just prints money out of thin air.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump talks of eliminating debt ceiling

Most Trump supporters couldn't tell you what a debt ceiling was if their life depended on it. Their attention span is challenged once you get past MAGA. MAGA. MAGA Build the Wall and Deport all the Mexicans.

What a stupid thing to say. But I suppose this is the way the majority of the left thinks , which is why they are a #ing joke.

Perhaps one day, some of us on the right will be half as smart as you think you are. I just hope none of us ever get that damn smug. Smug people are real assholes.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I dont think the gold standard is ever coming back. There's not enough of it to cover all the paper money in the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

We been in the poor house for a while now. They get rid of the debt ceiling and that will be the final nail in our coffin.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
we're switching to a block chain technology and every transaction will be traced as well as a UBI is in the works (or should be)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

We been in the poor house for a while now. They get rid of the debt ceiling and that will be the final nail in our coffin.

Or it could be the release needed to unfetter the whole world from the international hold the banks have?

I mean it's all a question of perspective isn't it.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I love it when Republicans are in charge of the money. We get to spend, spend, spend. I hope it will be on good things. Like a base universal income and health.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I love it when Republicans are in charge of the money. We get to spend, spend, spend. I hope it will be on good things. Like a base universal income and health.

They have a long way to go in order to top the Obama spending binges.

This will take some real doing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You mean to bail out the banks and pay for wars?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
www.washingtonpost.com...

OK, if this article is accurate, and I have serious doubts over anything that comes out of the WaPo mock journalism fishwrap, this is a major problem. The last damn thing anyone who voted for Trump was looking for was any actions which makes it easier for Democrats and liberal Republicans to spend the country into the goddamned poor house. This is a decision which, if true, will absolutely lose Trump support in 2020... not to mention separate the men from the boys in Congress as real fiscal conservatives bring out their heavy guns to attack any "Republican" who supports the idea.

Yet it's the Republican establishment that wouldn't cut funding requested by Trump. The debt ceiling becomes a leverage point every time it comes to it's ceiling.

Take that ceiling away there's one less card to be played in the usual Congressional games. Trump can still veto...

Bottom line is that 'ceiling' has been meaningless, even less than worthless, by observation. Perhaps even used as an excuse to slip more spending under that fake ceiling....we'll fix it when we get....blah, blah. Never happens.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

You dont know much about US economics and the debt situation , do you ?
I suppose you probably wouldnt find some US debt under each President websites , now would you ?
You will not as you would then have to realize how ignorant that statement was....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
set debt celing to 1 quadrillion

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You are right. Perhaps, Trump realized that with Mnuchin and McConnell's recent unannounced trip to Fort Knox that he just needs to ride out this bubble of Presidency.

But the US Treasury seems to think its sufficient that a quick unrecorded trip by 4 US political insiders can somehow instill confidence that all the gold that is claimed to be in Fort Knox is actually there. In case readers may think BullionStar is being unfair to the US Treasury, its worth noting that there have been many articles published on the BullionStar website by Koos Jansen that highlight the myriad of inconsistencies about the supposed gold reserves stored at Fort Knox and US government auditing of said gold reserves...

...As a freebie trip for 4 select political insiders, last Monday’s trip to Fort Knox was undoubtedly a memorable one for them. In the same radio interview Bevin said that:

“This is like the mother of all field trips. This is pretty cool”

But as a validation and verification of over 56% of the supposed US Official Gold Reserves, the visit was a complete farce. Announced the morning it took place. No evidence that any media were allowed to participate. Only peeked into one of the 13 storage compartments. And then to round it off, Mnuchin (an ex Goldmanite) tweets that ‘Glad gold is safe“. You couldn’t make this up. And finally, no mention of the fact that most of the gold bars even supposedly stored in Fort Knox are low purity ‘coin bars’ made from melted down gold coins. In fact, of all the gold bars reported to be held within the US Gold Reserves, only 16% of these bars are of LBMA Good Delivery size and purity range.

Source

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

exactly!

what`s the difference between NOT paying back 20 trillion and NOT paying back 50 trillion?

At least the government was smart about it and spent a lot of that money on military technology so when china comes knocking on the door wanting to repo our furniture because we didn`t pay back the debt we owe them, we will have superior firepower to run them off of our property.

basically china paid for all that military technology that we will use to stop them from trying to collect the money that we borrowed from them and won`t pay back.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22646578]Gothmog[/pos

But liberals don't claim to care about fiscal conservatism.
That's the Republican mantra. But, only when there is a democrat president.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
the whole basic tenet of capitalism is that economic growth is unlimited and that it should be free to do as it will without obstruction by government or any other powerful structure.

tying a currency to any limited commodity like gold creates a limit on that currency which creates a limit to growth that will not support more than a few hundred million people globally, fiat currency saved the world and showed us a glimpse of true capitalism and how we can prosper with it, yet so many forget, they cannot see what is in front of them because they are stuck in the past and keep making things more complicated than it really is.

eliminating the whole concept of debt is the next natural evolution after fiat currency being implemented and after that should be going cashless and whoever reaches these steps first will prosper beyond imagination, just as america did after ww2 because of the dollar becoming a fiat currency.

eliminating the debt ceiling is the dream of any true capitalist that can look at the world calmly and not let fear rule their judgment, fear is the real killer of prosperity.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
haven't we raised it every single time it's come into question, though?
I mean, sure, there's pushback- because raising it is a terrible idea... but we're essentially just telling ourselves "no I will not eat that cookie!" and then caving and eating the cookie.

Over and over again.

It was discussed here in the past. Outside of the USA, the whole world has grown an economy based around trading USA bonds and whatever loans they take out. Some small countries depend entirely on the interest payments to balance their budgets. They borrow money from the Rothschilds, then lend it out to the USA, who then pay back interest. The same happens to other European countries.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

You can't seriously believe that ridiculous globalist crap, can you?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join