It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump talks of eliminating debt ceiling

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

OK, if this article is accurate, and I have serious doubts over anything that comes out of the WaPo mock journalism fishwrap, this is a major problem. The last damn thing anyone who voted for Trump was looking for was any actions which makes it easier for Democrats and liberal Republicans to spend the country into the goddamned poor house. This is a decision which, if true, will absolutely lose Trump support in 2020... not to mention separate the men from the boys in Congress as real fiscal conservatives bring out their heavy guns to attack any "Republican" who supports the idea.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Any smart person knows, more debt, more success.

Right?.....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
haven't we raised it every single time it's come into question, though?
I mean, sure, there's pushback- because raising it is a terrible idea... but we're essentially just telling ourselves "no I will not eat that cookie!" and then caving and eating the cookie.

Over and over again.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
In a nutshell, who cares/

Inflation will continue to get worse.

The petrol dollar will eventually collapse.

The dollar, in and of itself, is worthless. It's faith based at best.
Once it was removed from the gold standard, it became paper.

And last but not least, the current debt is what, how many trillions?

And it's NEVER getting paid back.

In fact, were never paying China back either, and they hold a lot of our debt.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Maybe we need to start examining an economic system that creates debt in the first place and see who benefits from the debt it generates.

You know it's all an abstract house of cards when it has reached more than a trillion yet all the material gold or goods in the world couldn't equal out to this abstract number on computers which is going to grow and grow until the bubble burst and the house of cards come falling down.
edit on 7-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
debt is bad mmkay

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Many of us care and cared enough to make this one of the focal points for our votes in the past few elections. Trump ran partially on an "eliminate the debt" platform, not an "eliminate the debt ceiling" platform. There's a massive difference. Also, the less debt the USA has, the more robust the dollar is. Schemes like this play into the hands of globalism and effectively lead to the World Bank having pull over the USA... we saw how that worked with Greece, I can only imagine how bloody and brutal this country would become if they tried to pull the same stunts here. Bottom line, limiting the amount of debt the country is allowed to build up also limits, severely, the amount of control the global machine has over the US.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox

So, if Trump does it, who cares?
If Obama did it, you would have been in a frenzy.

You guys never cease to amuse.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

These facts, and the fact that currency as a concept is fast running out of steam, seem lost on people sometimes.

It is hard to see a future where something so fundamental as a standard currency run by and for banks doesn't exist but it is coming, pretty fast too, from what is being said in some quarters.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Trump talks of eliminating debt ceiling

Most Trump supporters couldn't tell you what a debt ceiling was if their life depended on it. Their attention span is challenged once you get past MAGA. MAGA. MAGA Build the Wall and Deport all the Mexicans.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

"So, if Trump does it, who cares?

You guys never cease to amuse. "

!. Who's you guys?
I don't give a damn about an Obama, Trump, Bush.
Hell I wrote in mickey Mouse for president.

2. Care or care not, you wont stop them, you will just complain about it, then deal with it, like the rest of us.

3.And for assuming things about me without knowledge, your welcome to kiss my, well you get the idea.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

...well that's effing productive contribution here, isn't it? In case you've failed to notice, I have been a Trump supporter and I absolutely understand the debt ceiling. I also want the wall and I want the illegals out of my country, so no, this isn't a case of "Duh, Trumpkins be like so dum, ya dig?"

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

"So, if Trump does it, who cares?

You guys never cease to amuse. "

!. Who's you guys?
I don't give a damn about an Obama, Trump, Bush.
Hell I wrote in mickey Mouse for president.

2. Care or care not, you wont stop them, you will just complain about it, then deal with it, like the rest of us.

3.And for assuming things about me without knowledge, your welcome to kiss my, well you get the idea.

I love being wrong about people.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

China is unrolling a new program to buy their oil with gold-backed Yuan

link

China, Russia, India and others have been hoarding tons of gold, and ramped up their efforts in recent years.

Meanwhile the West (US and UK) export almost all their gold.

Now they are talking of building high speed trains in Eurasia for commerce between countries.

They've got the silk road initiative too.
link

Many countries are going around the "PetroDollar" or are dumping their US Bonds and dollars.

The US will get the short end of the stick once the global economy as a whole shifts gears. We are witnessing a major, major turning point for America :/

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Time for a war, then.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This rumor could be true.

But I bet he's got more up his sleeve than many think.

Could be they're herding the Democrat "Leadership" into a fenced-in corral comfort zone.

There's a lot at stake.

So if the "issue" is the debt ceiling and the Democrats want it gone, they will have to pay double by conceding a few other things.

edit on Sep-07-2017 by xuenchen because: adealisadeal

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The debt been increased so many times, is now done with a standard form that they president signs. Trump Schumer and Pelosi agreed upon a debt-ceiling increase inside of 20 minutes yesterday.

If left to the dysfunctional Republicans there will be haggling over it all the way to the next vacation in 3 weeks.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: FamCore

Time for a war, then.

I am guessing joke.

So how about this?

Trade with partners as equals with mutual benefits without using financial power as political clout on a worldwide scale.

Money, as it is, is not working. I know most people find this a disgusting idea, but something has to change because the boom/bust, destroy the underdeveloped nations to create a working class in other countries only to then destroy the newly made working class to prop up the hyper rich...

It isn't working very well.

When I was a kid I never knew who the richest mand/woman in the world was, there were so many rich people. I thought it was the queen.

Now?

Between 10 and 20 people control almost half the wealth.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw this news.

But then again, as some folks have already pointed out. The ceiling gets raised every time and the debt is so high at this point that it has kind of become meaningless.

I remember getting worked up about the debt 15 years at least, listening to Ron Paul and every other common sense figure we've had explain the implications. But it keeps getting pushed down the road.

I'm really starting to think it doesn't matter anymore. I mean, it should have all come crashing down several times over by now, yet here we still are...

I just don't know anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join