It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two A-10's collide near Nellis. Both Pilots safe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Two A-10's have collided near Nellis AFB. Both pilots ejected are reported to be safe. Little other detail is known at this time but the A-10's were part of the 57th squad based there.

theaviationist.com...

www.militarytimes.com...
edit on 9/7/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Ok, these writers are freaking idiots. The pilots ejected but it's not known if the aircraft can be repaired or were destroyed. Seriously?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Ok, these writers are freaking idiots. The pilots ejected but it's not known if the aircraft can be repaired or were destroyed. Seriously?

I know I caught that too. Hmmmm perhaps they were taxing or something lol
edit on 9/7/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Such brilliance deserve an applaud lol. I'm glad they made it out however I am deeply saddened by the loss of 2 of my favorite birds. Just caught one flying out of Nashville a few weeks ago...as well as a group of 4 harriers here soon after...loud bastards when landing!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

This is the second time in the last few days I've seen a writer do that. The other day they wrote an article about the F-16 in Arizona. They wrote that the pilot was killed, then wrote "it's not clear if the aircraft hit any property or was destroyed".
edit on 9/7/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ha Ha ha ha. What a bunch of clueless, knuckle chucks.

Geez. Journalism really is hitting a new low. I think media outlets are just hiring 7th graders, who do no investigation nor research.

Bummer losing 2 Warthogs. They're irreplaceable. Glad both pilots made it out, hopefully both recover.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Those a10s are built pretty tough....ha

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Seriously, we need all 4 Branches to a comprehensive systems and safety review. The airframes you can replace but the people are not replaceable by any stretch

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well... most of us that know that airframe, love it... best engineered airframe in operation, IMO... but I don't think it is THAT good... that it "auto-lands" when damaged... although it would be a nifty trick!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

Well... most of us that know that airframe, love it... best engineered airframe in operation, IMO... but I don't think it is THAT good... that it "auto-lands" when damaged... although it would be a nifty trick!

Well, there is the cornfield bomber story.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

There was also a MiG that managed to fly across several countries, and crash into a farmhouse.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wasn't there a US aircraft where the pilot ejected and the just happen to belly land perfectly in a field.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

That's the one moebius was referring to. Was returned to service and flew again.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Formation flying is bad for collisions.Only thing i can think of.Loss of situational awareness is a problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't want to hear of the AF losing any more A-10s. They're already looking to replace them with foolish prop planes, and they sure as heck aren't going to be building any more.

Glad the pilots are safe, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienOutlaw

They are NOT looking to replace the A-10 with prop planes. The OA-X program is looking for a low cost, low threat, close air support platform. You don't need A-10s, F-15s, B-52s and other expensive as hell platforms to kill a few trucks driving through the desert, when there's little to no threat beyond a guy with a gun.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

"Operation Mockingbird" doesn't REQUIRE factual information since it was authorized ,by Clinton ,ya know.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Which has nothing to do with this. This is purely lazy ass writers that don't know a damn thing.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

How is it any different from opinion news at all?
BS told as fact.

edit on 7-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Because one is opinion, and the other can be proven wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join