It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need games for a 386SX-25 notebook!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hello to all gamers and power users!

I want a nice list of dos games (names are enough) to install them on a 386 notebook computer under DOS 6.22. It has 5 MB RAM. The display is grayscale, and the HDD is awfully big, 80 GB !!. Of course, it allows 2 X 2 GB. So please, enter names of DOS games most people liked, and it's fun playing them.

Thanx

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
you can never go wrong with all of the Sierra games. Kings Quest and Space Quest were my top games back during the boom. If you like Tim Curry might want to pick up Garberl Knights was fun times. Leisure suit Larry is always great for some fun laughs

If you do go with Kings Quest the best one IMO was always Kings Quest III
edit on 7-9-2017 by OzManHero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Could you get Maniac Mansion or Zack Mckraken?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

God of Thunder
Raptor: Call of the Shadows
BipBop 2
Doom
Wolfenstein

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Minefield.

Okay, being serious, check out the Sierra adventure games.

And wikipedia etc probably has a handy list.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The first 3 or so Police Quest games should run. A10 tank killer and f-117 stealth fighter work as well.

My 1st comp was a 386sx 25 with 2 megs of ram and 20 meg hd!

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: spidermastermind

You must be using emulation to address 80Gb with DOS 6.22, no?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Greyscale, huh?
That makes this a bit more difficult.

Any of the Ultima series are going to be easy picks if you're an RPG fan. I reckon the old Duke Nukem, Jill of the Jungle, and Commander Keen games by Apogee would be enjoyable, too, although you'll not get to see all the bright colors the games were so great at using. Really you can't go wrong with any Apogee games, they were an amazing DOS games publisher. Interplay had a Star Trek anniversary game that was great, but I don't know that it would look good in greyscale. One of my all time favorites was a game called Starflight, which I can't recommend highly enough. Just a brilliant sci-fi exploration game. The Maxis Sim games were also very solid, I don't think I ever found one that wasn't good.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Sam&Max Hit the Road
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Full Throttle etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The 1980’s gold box dungeons and dragons games...pool of radiance, champions of krynn, and about 4-5 others I can no longer recall...but played them all when they were just out. All 9-10 floppies and later on 4-5 3.5” disks they came on.

You may be able to find them at www.gog.com for a few dollars each (or less)...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

YES! Only most of those were released in the 90s. All pretty solid TSR games.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Man, Pool of Radiance was one of my all time favorites.

Don't forget about ...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Epic Pinball.

You might also manage to find an NES emulator for it too. That there qill givebyou 1000+ games. If not for that cpu there at least ought to be atari emuoators.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Archive.org has a list of 2500 games:

archive.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

This is simple: EZ Drive. It's from Western Digital, and it installs an EZ BIOS. What's more interesting, that the 80 GB HDD speeds up the laptop's hardware ( I don't know how) and the HDD enabled the inbuilt APM which didn't work with its own HDD (120 MB Quantum).

If anyone wants to operate a computer based completely on battery, I suggest a 386 or 486 of any category (12 V) and the APM must be enabled.

Thanks for the games, I check on them with Youtube, and other games are being suggested by Youtube.

new topics

top topics

join