It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlsBad
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lol removed by Nixon, you don't understand that FDR created the tender currency.

*eyeroll*
Nixon Ends Convertibility of US Dollars to Gold and Announces Wage/Price Controls

You're too dumb to talk about this with until you yourself read history.

FDR reinstated Monopoly Money after years of success without it and a clear plot to move towards it by central banks. Gold is an after thought if you can print ileagal money.

The FED was created in 1913, which created our current monetary system. FDR was elected in 1933, 20 years after that happened. There is literally zero way he helped spawn the current monetary system. You do know that dates are important right? It's funny how you keep calling me dumb yet get these basic historical facts mixed. Heck the FED being founded in 1913 is something most conspiracy theorists even know.

I like how you provided no source of this basic information

What would you like me to prove?

June 5th during FDR Presidency:
Senate and House by Joint Resolution abrogate the gold clause in private and public contracts, and back paper currency as legal tender.

So in other words, no # you, you're wrong. The new deal wouldn't have even remotely been affordable without fake money, how do you explain this? You can't, because you're wrong.

*sigh...*
History of the United States dollar

For foreign exchange purposes, the set $20.67 per ounce value of the dollar was lifted, allowing the dollar to float freely in foreign exchange markets with no set value in gold. This was terminated after one year. Roosevelt attempted first to restabilize falling prices with the Agricultural Adjustment Act; however, this did not prove popular, so instead the next politically popular option was to devalue the dollar on foreign exchange markets. Under the Gold Reserve Act the value of gold was fixed at $35 per ounce, making the dollar more attractive for foreign buyers (and making foreign currencies more expensive for those holding dollars). This change led to more conversion of gold into dollars, allowing the U.S. to effectively corner the world gold market.[14][15]

The suspension of the gold standard was considered temporary by many in markets and in the government at the time, but restoring the standard was considered a low priority to dealing with other issues.[11][14]

In order to call someone dumb you need not stick your own foot in your mouth first and know what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

He SIGNED THE DEAL.

It was made Tender DURING HIS TERM.

If it's ANYONE'S FAULT, it's his. HE EVEN HINTS AT THIS.

Spare me the FDR quotes I'm on a plane.

No I'm not saying it was his plan, just that he did NOTHING to stop it. Other drafts of the New Deal are so gracious with free houses and healthcare, he removed those aspects because he was delusional considering infinity money verses a standard. He allowed destandardization to occur before Nixon was 20 years old during all this. So it sure as hell wasn't Nixon you genius. FDR was RESPONSIBLE. congratulations moving the goal post from THE CAUSE OF.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

Hey Captain Capslock, I repeat:
History of the United States dollar

For foreign exchange purposes, the set $20.67 per ounce value of the dollar was lifted, allowing the dollar to float freely in foreign exchange markets with no set value in gold. This was terminated after one year. Roosevelt attempted first to restabilize falling prices with the Agricultural Adjustment Act; however, this did not prove popular, so instead the next politically popular option was to devalue the dollar on foreign exchange markets. Under the Gold Reserve Act the value of gold was fixed at $35 per ounce, making the dollar more attractive for foreign buyers (and making foreign currencies more expensive for those holding dollars). This change led to more conversion of gold into dollars, allowing the U.S. to effectively corner the world gold market.[14][15]

The suspension of the gold standard was considered temporary by many in markets and in the government at the time, but restoring the standard was considered a low priority to dealing with other issues.[11][14]

edit on 7-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Progressives in th US were very much into eugenics and scientific racism, just like the Nazis.

Its where the nazis got it from, if anything.

Hitler/nazism's belief in the aryans came about because he misinterpreted documents (whether accidentally or purposely is unknown) from Kossinna, an archeologist. It had nothing to do with what was happening on North America.

source

Eugenics can be traced back to Sir Francis Galton, an Englishman.

source

What amazes me is all this argument and no one is presenting any evidence for their claims. I thought ATS was about denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm no fan of the Left or Right but let's be realistic here, Prescott Bush anyone?

Bush was a founding member and one of seven directors (including W. Averell Harriman) of the Union Banking Corporation (holding a single share out of 4,000 as a director), an investment bank that operated as a clearing house for many assets and enterprises held by German steel magnate Fritz Thyssen.[6][7] In July 1942, the bank was suspected of holding gold on behalf of Nazi leaders.[8] A subsequent government investigation disproved those allegations but confirmed the Thyssens' control, and in October 1942 the United States seized the bank under the Trading with the Enemy Act and held the assets for the duration of World War II.[6] Journalist Duncan Campbell pointed out documents showing that Prescott Bush was a director and shareholder of a number of companies involved with Thyssen.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

He was also a senator...not just a banker. Please note that he was a Republican supporter of Planned Parenthood as it fits within the Eugenics program him and his buddies adored.

Did you see this? He is rumored to be there, I can't prove it but you can do your own research.

They are all freaking Nazis, get over it, both your teams suck!

(post by CarlsBad removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Yet in present day America, to many people do not even know the difference between Communism and Fascism.

I agree. Many ignorantly conflate the two ideologies which distorts their world view. On a personal side note: I personally grow more appreciative of Marxism-Leninism as each day passes, despite my life path of exploiting and benefiting from the capitalist society I was born into. I'm conflicted—to say the least.

I think it is due to forty years of indoctrination by the industrialists who own the media.

...along with the propaganda techniques of Edward Bernays, whose biggest fan was no other than Hitler's propaganda chief, Joseph Goebbels.

The US oligarchy have always been masterful at the use of propaganda to influence the perception and climate of the American people towards its governmental objectives. After all, this is how the US government recruits so many people to sacrifice their freedom and freewill to become soldiers in order to fulfill their imperialist agendas.

Just look at how many westerners foolishly believe North Korea, Venezuela, Syria, Cuba, China, Afghanistan, Palestine, and Russia are the bad guys...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: xuenchen

Why do conservatives think they are on to something whenever they bring up Democrats being racist in the past? Just because it happened in the past doesn't mean that is how things are today. Why do you guys always skip over the part of history where the racist Democrats switched sides to the Republicans? Oh wait, because that conflicts with your ridiculous premise that early 1900's Democrats have the same beliefs as 2017 Democrats.

Because they didnt switch you believe a lie. Infact the south voting republican removed many of the racist democrats.

After the Democratic party failed to keep their slaves, failed to keep black Americans from being citizens, failed to keep them from voting, AND had to deal with the fact that black Americans would be casting votes (in light of the party's racist history)...three prominent racist Democrats infiltrated the Republican party BUT we are totally supposed to believe there was nothing hinky about that and the Democratic party wasn't just trying to project their terrible racist reputation onto the Republican party so that black Americans would vote Democrat.

Oh, and we are also just supposed to accept that the neo-nazis "Uniting the Right" are definitely NOT agent provocateurs.

Republicans really need to stop letting Democrats project their racist history on to them. If Democrats want to tear down the memorials of their racist heroes, let them. But first, Republicans should demand Democrats actually take responsibility for them first.

I've seen nothing from TODAY'S Democratic party leaders that says anything other than they are still racists who exploit and oppress black Americans every chance they get to help prop up their corrupt party and convince black Americans to vote Democrat.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

My point is that the change was temporary and in no way effects our current monetary system. Our current system was created by Nixon removing the gold standard. You can't argue around this. Furthermore. It isn't treason for the government to do something you don't agree with. First off, the government don't commit treason. It only does things that are constituational or unconstituational. When the SCOTUS rules something unconstitutional then the government has to change course. Being that we've had fiat currency many times throughout US history, when has the SCOTUS ever ruled fiat currency as unconstitutional? Never. That's when. So therefore you are wrong. Fiat currency is a-ok in this country and not a violation of anything.

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Didn't I already tell you that Nixon took it off the gold standard? Maybe instead of trying to think up childish ways to insult me you should use your brain to form a coherent argument and pay attention to what other people are saying?

The fathers were against central banks but tender currency is almost a joke to think they would be okay with that. Clearly you knew nothing about them.

No. They weren't. Again Alexander Hamilton, a founding father, and every other federalist founding father avidly supported them. You. Are. Wrong.

edit on Thu Sep 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

So Nixon was the first to remove the gold standard then?

yorkesoftware.files.wordpress.com...

You would think the first time matters for something that should have never been done.

Also, explain to me what this link says about FDR and the gold standard. Sounds like it being removed to me.

www.google.com...=https://main erepublicemailalert.com/2015/08/17/us-congress-house-joint-resolution-192-of-june-5-1933-3/

Or are you saying Nixon was the first person to remove it that wasn't opposed and later reverted? Do you not find that to be an interesting detail or not that it had been tender before Nixon even finished school? You have less reason to blame Nixon then I do fdr, that especially is idiotic.
edit on 7-9-2017 by CarlsBad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

How sad. A purely partisan rant that is intentionally dishonest.

Tell us, MME, how is it that so many Black Americans SPECIFICALLY are somehow fooled by these eeeevil Democrats in your screed?

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So Nixon was the first to remove the gold standard then?

I never made that claim. That is what is referred to as a strawman. I merely said he removed it and it has been that way since.

You would think the first time matters for something that should have never been done.

All it does is create precedence for allowing it to be done in the future.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How sad. A purely partisan rant that is intentionally dishonest.

Tell us, MME, how is it that so many Black Americans SPECIFICALLY are somehow fooled by these eeeevil Democrats in your screed?

First, tell me how it is partisan and intellectually dishonest?

HOW?

edit on 9/7/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I asked first. I'll be glad to respond to you after you respond to me. Quid pro quo.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So you're wrong and you admit it here then, while Nixon was a child, FDR was creating precedence.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Because he cites actual sources for his facts and evidence.

Because he he uses logic and reason.

Do you distrust him just because he is Indian?
edit on 7-9-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

No. I said you leveled a strawman at me by putting words in my mouth. And it's precedence not president. Lol. Sheesh get your terminology right at least...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I can't answer this because I didn't say that. It's a strawman.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I'm on a phone, I edited it in under 20 seconds get the he'll over yourself, Nixon was a child while this was going on, and your goal posts have fallen. In no remote way possible is it his fault more than FDR, the person to do it first.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I'm on a phone, I edited it in under 20 seconds get the he'll over yourself, Nixon was a child while this was going on, and your goal posts have fallen. In no remote way possible is it his fault more than FDR, the person to do it first.

FDR didn't do it first. The first time we were on a fiat currency was during the civil war. Seriously, you have a weird hate boner for FDR. Yet you know nothing factual about him.
The History of Fiat Money in the USA

1862-1879 – FLOATING fiat currency 7 years

The first use of fiat money (called Greenbacks) in the United States was in 1862, it was used as a tool to pay for the enormous cost of the Civil War. Greenbacks were a debt of the U.S. government, redeemable in gold at a future unspecified date. They were circulated along with Gold certificates, backed by the government’s promise to pay in gold.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join