It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Lie: Exposing the Nazi Roots of the American Left

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: Gryphon66
We can't even agree on what the words "right" and "left" mean in this context, so there's no real reason to continue to argue which group is which, is there?

Yeah I often encounter this problem when I am driving and someone is giving me directions and they tell me to turn left and I go right or vice versa.

Well, I always consider, to borrow your metaphor, if you turn right or left enough times, you'll be close to where you started.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

ATS class of '16 photo

edit on 14-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I know it is a long thread, but did anyone point out the American left's roots in scientific racism and eugenics?

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Just the trolling has been pointed out so far, but please, go ahead add that fodder to the mix

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Just the trolling has been pointed out so far, but please, go ahead add that fodder to the mix

Bah, you got me. But it is the mudpit after all. Truth is the greatest fodder.
edit on 14-9-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To the OP... willful ignorance.

Liberal ideologies haven't always been the ideologies of the Democrats. Just as conservative ideologies haven't always been the ideologies of the Republican party.

When I read your post headline, I can't help but think; "here's someone who doesn't understand the fundamentals of political ideologies" Because politically, "Left" has always been "liberal" and "Right" has always been "Conservative". Yes, the Republicans used to hold liberal ideologies and the Democrats used to hold to conservative ideologies but that's not the case these days, is it?

And I really don't understand the point of the post, unless you're trying to claim that the modern Republican "Right" is politically liberal.... hahaha... cause we ALL know that's BS.
edit on 14-9-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Bah, you got me. But it is the mudpit after all. Truth is the greatest fodder.

One's truth is someone elses trolling.
TBH I've always found trolling to be quite boring and a mental issue that needs feeding, but hell it does well for the OP's star count so let's carry on.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
To the OP... willful ignorance.

Liberal ideologies haven't always been the ideologies of the Democrats. Just as conservative ideologies haven't always been the ideologies of the Republican party.

When I read your post headline, I can't help but think; "here's someone who doesn't understand the fundamentals of political ideologies" Because politically, "Left" has always been "liberal" and "Right" has always been "Conservative". Yes, the Republicans used to hold liberal ideologies and the Democrats used to hold to conservative ideologies but that's not the case these days, is it?

And I really don't understand the point of the post, unless you're trying to claim that the modern Republican "Right" is politically liberal.... hahaha... cause we ALL know that's BS.

Thank you It has been said before but I think it needs repeating many, many ,many ,times so this can sink into the minds of people who are hung up on the name of something instead of it's ideology.
edit on 14-9-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

TBH I've always found trolling to be quite boring and a mental issue that needs feeding, but hell it does well for the OP's star count so let's carry on.

There are far less boring and far worse things out in the real world. Perhaps you should go check it out.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

There are far less boring and far worse things out in the real world. Perhaps you should go check it out.

And you know anything about my personal socializing and globetrotting how?
Telling someone to get out more is just a boring old way to debate, (kinda old school) when you have nothing better to say. I like old school and retro usually

edit on 14-9-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Telling someone to get out more is just a boring old way to debate, (kinda old school) when you have nothing better to say. I like old school and retro usually

I wouldn't care to know either way. Your triggers for boredom and mental illness are likely different than mine. I tend to deviate away from eugenics than towards it.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I wouldn't care to know either way. Your triggers for boredom and mental illness are likely different than mine. I tend to deviate away from eugenics than towards it.

But you do care dear old chum...you told me to get out, I can only go by what you say.
Look as much as it's fun to try and hitch yourself to me in a whitty clever debate, you were right, I actually do have better things to do today than participate in xuechen thread.

Have great day, lovely dear chap.

Toodles.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

But you do care dear old chum...you told me to get out, I can only go by what you say.
Look as much as it's fun to try and hitch yourself to me in a whitty clever debate, you were right, I actually do have better things to do today than participate in xuechen thread.

Have great day, lovely dear chap.

Toodles.

Actually I care how easy it is for a leftist to turn on the mentally ill, for instance like they did in the early 20th century, when they advocated scientific racism and eugenics. When you brought up mental illness I kind of figured thats where you were headed.

Have fun out there!

(post by Blarneystoner removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Credit where credit is due: they're only partially wrong.

Eugenics was a universal interest in the late 19th early 20th century, however, it was not limited to anything "leftist" which wasn't even a term in use at all until the 30s.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

edit on 14-9-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Don't be #ing stupid... you sound like buffoon. Fascists advocated Eugenics and Scientific racism in the early 20th... Fascists are Right wing.

Stop being an idiot...

It's a historical fact, you utter failure.

Nope... you're confused. Progressives may have advocated for Eugenics in the early 20th... but that ideology doesn't equate to modern progressive or liberals. Good lord man... [snipped].

edit on 9.14.2017 by Kandinsky because: Snipped ill-mannered comment

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Don't be #ing stupid... you sound like buffoon. Fascists advocated Eugenics and Scientific racism in the early 20th... Fascists are Right wing.

Stop being an idiot...

It's a historical fact, you utter failure.

Says the person who apparently doesn't know that the word "leftist" didn't come into use until the 1930s.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Eugenics was a universal interest in the late 19th early 20th century, however, it was not limited to anything "leftist" which wasn't even a term in use at all until the 30s.

Progressivism... not liberalism. There's a difference.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

Progressivism... not liberalism. There's a difference.

Do tell.

The user used the term "leftist" not either of those.

new topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join